Wow, Rooster there is a giant difference in false starts and the damage these other guys are doing to the team. While you are at it Haden got burnt a few times this year, cut him now!!
ohioborn
Posts
-
Joe Thomas calls teammates "middle school kids" -
Training Camp questionHey guys I am taking the family to training camp next week. Will be my first trip to training camp Just a couple easy questions. Are you allowed to take coolers into the complex and do you suggest bringing your own chairs?
Thanks! GO BROWNS!!
-
Trade Hypotheticals and RumorsI started this post as a rumor and a rumor only. I heard it through Twitter and just mentioned as a conversation piece. I don't believe much if anything posted on the draft in the last month has been anything but rumors and speculation. Take it for what it is!
-
Trade Hypotheticals and RumorsWould you trade the #4 pick to Dallas for their #16 and #46 and next years #1?
Latest rumor, has Dallas offering their #16 and #46 this year plus their #1 next year for our #4 this year.
-
Roby DUIOh, that's right it's the police that are the problem in our society. It has nothing to do with the dope smoking, pill popping thieves who will steal from their own mother and not think twice. Have the police become more aggressive over the years, absolutely. Take off you bias glasses and look around, it is a jungle in the streets. Before you cover all police officers in the same blanket, walk in their shoes for a week and then tell me how you would handle these situations.
Now, if you want to discuss the Roby arrest that is fine. It may or may not have been a bad arrest we will have to wait and see.
-
Before the Purge Begins With Everyone On This Board.....4th Mack
26th Carr
35th Best W/R left
-
interesting book written by Don Cockroft about the 80 Kardiac kidsRead it, very good read. He was the guest speaker at our Browns Backers last year. Oh, the memories!!!
-
It Comes Down To Weeden (Or, "duh")Good points Shep and I hope you are right. But I still feel that unless Weeden performs at a pro bowl level we are taking a QB in '14. Hope I am wrong!
-
It Comes Down To Weeden (Or, "duh")I believe we are drafting a QB in the first round next year regardless of how Weeden plays. With his age be a factor I think we draft our QB to lead this team when we are ready to make a serious run. Who that will be I do not know!
-
Steelers Release HarrisonBrowns killer James Harrison cut by the Steelers.
Jack Lambert
Greg LLoyd
Joey Porter
James Harrison
What was between Lambert and LLoyd?...the 1980's.
The Steelers have always had that bad ass/controversial linebacker...except for the 80's. They of course were mediocre that decade.
Are they headed that way again? Don't see that type of LB on their team right now.
You think the Browns should go after Harrison?
Hell, no!
-
Bademosi Legit Cornerback? -
Age -
Browns Release SlowbiskieThousands of people bragging about their school, the school that 90% of them never attended. My favorite (as proven by people on this board) is their only comeback is...oh well what has Akron done.
If you're an obnoxious homer, you think that every Suckeye is the greatest gift to earth. When that player fails (Slowbiskie) you have to get ready to deal with the backlash. Never once did I claim any player from the Akron FOOTBALL team would be a "beast" or suggest that the Browns should sign every Akron grad. That's the difference between real fans and bandwagoners. We know our team sucks, but we don't pretend that it's something better than it is. When OSU sucks, you blame the NCAA or still claim they are the best in the country.
Kind of like being a Browns fan and never playing for them!!!!
-
Gregory StrichekYesterday afternoon my father, Gregory Strichek, passed away while in the hospital. He was 55 years old. I felt the need to post this because if it weren't for my father, I wouldn't be the Browns fan I am today. My father was born in Youngstown, Ohio and was the biggest die-hard Brownie fan you will ever meet. Born into a largely Steeler biased household, my father rebelled and clung to the Browns. His wardrobe consisted of many colors, but his heart bled orange and brown, as those were his true colors. He raised me the right way and molded me into the Browns fan I am today.
Although diabetes and infection took both of his legs, his eyesight, his sternum, and three of his fingers, it never took away his zest for life. Every Sunday we'd throw on our jerseys and head to Beef O' Brady's, owned by a family friend (and giant Steeler fan), and watch our beloved Brownies take the field. We had our own special corner booth and our own tv, and we'd start off the game with a pitcher of Coors light and a basket of onion rings and fried mushrooms. It's funny how you remember the little things like that.
Although confined to a wheelchair, my father never believed in limitations. At every one of my semi-pro football games, he could be seen zipping along the sidelines, cheering us all on. He put his heart and soul into cheering for us. He truly was a member of the team, and everybody loved him dearly.
He was the greatest man Ive ever known. Good people seemed to gravitate towards him. After his wife left him abruptly last year, I moved in with him to take care of him. As it always seemingly happens, he ended up taking care of me more than I ever did him. As time went on, his friends became my friends and mine became his. Now what's he's left behind is a tangled mass of people who would have never known each other if it weren't for him. He had that affect on people, he could bring anybody together in any circumstances. He was Gods gift to those who knew him.
He was my best friend and my biggest supporter. We used to sit back and dream about the day when I'd put on that Browns jersey for the first time, and step out onto the field in Cleveland Browns Stadium. My only wish is that he could have been around long enough to see it happen. But I know that he's in Heaven now, finally seeing me with perfect clarity and he'll be there the day I fulfill our dream.
But for now I sit here, trying to compose his obituary, something no 21-year old should have to do, and I look back and smile, thinking of the little things ill miss. Like "his play", a vertical Cover 2 seam bust to the Tight end. Any time he'd see that play, his eyes would light up and he'd sat " See! There it was! That's my play!". Or his hatred for Art Modell and Jake Delhomme. Or his hounddog-like Dawg Pound howl that never sounded quite right, but was always welcome. These are the things I'll never forget. I know it will get much harder before it ever gets better, but until I find sleep once again, I can sit up and watch DVR'ed Browns games. And every time McCoy hits Evan Moore in the deep middle, it will be like he never left.
So, here's to you Dad, the greatest man I've ever known. I miss you more every day, but you're finally at peace now.
"Go Browns, and xxxx you Modell"
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my father and best friend in April to cancer. I would like to say it will get easier but I am still waiting myself. God Bless!!!
-
Real FansThe only response I have to this post Rich is BULL SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Harbaugh praises Mangini and BrownsI know I am in the minority but I hope we keep Mangini. There are concerns but over all this team is getting better. There is not a coach out there that will turn this team into a winner any faster then Mangini. We change coaches again and you will hear " This will take a while give me 2-3 years"! Bring in a new OC and let the growing continue.
-
Browns Gifts: Given or Recieved!Got a Hillis Fathead and several new Browns shirts. But they screwed up the Hillis Fathead, they put my body on his head

Merry Christmas everyone. Turkey today and Raven tomorrow!!
-
How to handle December 2nd?I have been thinking about this and have come up with what I feel is the best way to handle this game. When James is introduced everyone in the stands should turn around and the arena board shoud read " You turned your back on us and now, we turn our backs on you". Thoughts?
-
Fan wears LeBron's Heat jersey at Indians gameI am all for an opposing fan wearing there team colors to a game but remember this was a baseball game between Cleveland and New York and he wore a Miami basketball jersey. The only reason he wore that jersey was to taunt. He got what he deserved.
-
How can one be a fan of bothi soooo agree with ballpeen. what if the buckeyes don't make it to the nat'l championship game? you'll root against another big ten team that did? hell no. if the browns can't do it but someone else from our division does, you'll root for a team in another division or conference? c'mon. i root for our division. teams that go far in our division only prove our own metal.
I understand your reasoning and I will root for the Bengals but I can not bring myself to root for the Steelers or Ravens! If either of those teams make the playoffs I hope they lose their first game 50-0! That is how I roll.