oldschoolfan64
Posts
-
Dallas Fan with a Question -
STEELER WEEK!I don't think you have to sack him so much as pressure him into hurrying his throws. BigBen is a heavy timing pattern pocket passer these days...make him throw the ball before he wants to and you should get some good stops. My hope for you guys is that Hoyer shows up to play like he did before his injury last year. He looked shaky in pre season, but all that matters is how he looks come game day.
-
Jim Irsay reaches plea deal in OWI caseFrom what I've read, Irsay will get a six game suspension, $500,000 fine, is not allowed near the facility, practices. meetings etc...and is not allowed to have anything to do with Daily football operations, AND is banned from using Social Networking.. I'm thinking about offering Jerry Jones a bottle of Whiskey and asking him for a ride home!

-
Weeden & McCoy have good exhibition.I will light a candle for the Cowboys if they have the misfortune of watching Weeden in a real game.
Thanks Man. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Romo doesn't go down this year. Maybe by next season, Vaughan will have progressed enough that we can cut Weeden, I'll be rooting for you guys against Pitsburgh...I haven't liked the Steelers since the 70's.
-
Weeden & McCoy have good exhibition.Exactly my assessment too....
Great arm, but really really dumb. He's clearly a deer in the headlights when the game gets going.
And he gets even worse when the cards are down, instead of stepping up......
Weeden will look great until Romo goes down and the cowboys actually need him...then, as soon as "he's" the man, he will fail miserably
I'm a Dallas fan and I'm seeing the same exact things in Weeden as you mentioned. He seems lost out there. Has a strong arm, but not much accuray, panics too easily, gets flushed too quickly and looks confused by vanilla pre season defenses. I'm really hoping Dustin Vaughan can be developed pretty fast...this kid looks much better in the pocket than Weeden so far.
-
Dallas Fan with a Question@douche-nozzle said:
With Sam it will be "oh he didn't get a fair chance because he's openly gay" With Manziel it will be "I told you so" .....or....."the Browns didn't give him a fair shot".
I think Sam has a better chance of being a legit NFL player than Manziel but neither of them are worth the circus.
I agree...the Circus is all Jerrah seems to care about. I think that the only reason he took Sam is because he missed out on the Jersey sales from Manziel. We have some big trouble in Dallas, and his name is Jerry Jones. The man has been driving this franchise into the ground for 18 years now and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. As far as Sam is concerned, I think Jerry actually hurt this kid's chances. The CFL was already making him offers, and he most likely would have been a starter there. Instead, he'll sit around on our PS until Spencer and Lawrence come back from injuries and will have to be cut mid season. Hey, no one ever accuse Jerrah of being a brilliant GM.
-
Dallas Fan with a QuestionI just get tired of people claiming that, just because a player looked great in College, he's going to make it in the NFL. They pay no attention to scouting reports and only believe what their eyes tell them. It's easy to look good in pre season against guys who are selling Avon out of their Mother's basement during regular season, it's quite another to look good against starters.Johhny Manziel was one of those guys IMO. Looked awesome in College, but his skill set isn't interchangeable with the NFL. I was wondwering how he would make the transition from never having worked a huddle, never under center, and running so often against slower defensive players in college to the faste pace of the Pros. I think the same will happen with Sam..the game is just too fast for him.
-
Dallas Fan with a QuestionSo a bit of both. Terrible blocking on one play and good effort on another. The only thing that bothers me about Sam's pre-season is that the Rams never gave him a chance to play against starters. We had a guy, Minter, that looked awesome against 2's and 3's...but when they played him against starters he was terrible.I'm just afraid that some of our fans are gonna get their hopes up about Sam and he then becomes a liability against starters. I appreciate the response guys...hope the Brown's have a better season than what my Cowboys are facing. Do me a favor...make sure the Steelers go down. I've hated that team since the 70's LOL.
-
Dallas Fan with a QuestionHi guys...I am Dallas fan and as you know, we just signed Michael Sam to our Practice Squad. I really don't think the guy is as good as many seem to think he is though. Many of his supporters keep pointing to the sacks on Manziel as proof he's a good football player, but I think he was simply being blocked by guys you may not even have on the roster anymore. Could you give me more info on the guys that were blocking Sam in that game? I know the sack where he threw up then "Money sign" was a terrible block. Was just curious who that O-Lineman was and if he is still on the Brown's roster. Thank You.