As I said, time will tell. The Charger's game demonstrated that Gordon can catch the ball. It doesn't look like he has lost any of his 2013 skills. As Kizer and Gordon get on the same page these last games could become very interesting.
oneartist
Posts
-
Josh Gordon - the missing piece -
Josh Gordon - the missing piecemmmmm. didn't the browns pack up and leave for baltimore while he was still the coach...if i remember correctly, the year before belichick took the clowns to the playoffs and ironically beat the pats before losing to the steelers for the 3rd time. then the following yr, they started off pretty good until the rumor became a fact about the move...so i think he was without a job..he did not get let go....
Thanks for clarifying. I always wondered why he was let go.
-
Josh Gordon - the missing pieceMinor mods to some pretty good stuff from a rookie...
Kizer has made progress, but has a ways to go and may not get there convincingly in the remaining time. No telling what Gordon has left for the game, but I look forward to seeing what he has.
Welcome to the Boards...
Thank you for your thoughtful, intelligent comments. Kizer is young. Should we have drafted Watson and let Garrret go? I don't think so. I was listening to the Detroit radio announcers and they were praising Kizer's game and even said there could have been a different outcome if he had played the whole game. I come to a Cleveland forum and I see less praise than opposing radio announcers. We need more spirit leaders. I still think we are headed in the right direction. Patience is needed. A little trivia - In 1965 we were were parked next to Jim browns' car in the parking lot and he got in and drove away.
-
Josh Gordon - the missing pieceThanks for all the optimistic comments by Browns fans. Time will certainly give us more information. Let's mark these pages.
-
Josh Gordon - the missing pieceDon't forget that Cleveland dropped Belichick to early. I still think Hue Jackson will be a great coach.
-
Josh Gordon - the missing pieceKizer is a very smart Quarterback and his development showed on Sunday. Josh Gordon is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He has finally recognized the need to drop the drugs and he is ready to really make a difference. Even though the record is 0 and 9, the Browns development is happening. The worst mistake that could be made now would be to start over and get new coaches. Leave everyone where they are and let the development continue. I'm expecting the experienced Kizer and the renewed Gordon to make a huge impact on the NFL.