I've been bashing McDonald for the past couple weeks but I must say he looked a lot better today. His tackling improved a lot. Kudos!
Orange__Brown_Town
Posts
-
Should we bother discussing the particulars of this game? -
Did I really see this?loved it. Our D cord. has more passion than the players.
-
2010 Free AgencyPennington, not a long term fix but good for at least three seasons.
-
How would you draft a team?I would draft 7 offensive players in the first round over an 8 year period of time, then put up the worst offense in the NFL with only 3 of those 8 players remaining on the team, and just 2 starting.
DEAD ON
-
2010 draftEric Berry in Round One- No explanation needed.
Jahvid Best in Round Two- Gives us a home run threat at RB. This means don't resign Harrison. I say keep Lewis to allow us a big back for short yardage and ball control. Let Best compete with Davis for the starting spot.
If we do get another Round Two pick-George Selvie (DE USF), Jerry Hughes (DE TCU), or Navarro Bowman (LB Penn State).
If any slip to Round Three, get 'em.
On the second day, I would try to get play makers with upside-Juice Williams (another QB option, Wr, or RB)
-Darryl Clark (QB Penn State)
MANY WILL HATE ON PICKING JUICE WILLIAMS since he is an athlete who happens to play quarterback. Haven't we learned anything from the Steelers in Drafting - Hines Ward (Georgia QB -converted to hall of fame caliber WR.)
Randall El (Indiana QB - more dominant than any receiver we currently have)
Dixon (Oregon QB- yet to be determined)
Also, look at our best player -Cribbs (Kent State QB)
This is not a complete draft analysis since we are only at the midpoint of the college season. This is going off players on field performance.
FREE AGENCY
As for as the QB issue is concerned, I say make a play for Tavaris Jackson (Minnesota Backup) who will be an unrestricted free agent I believe. I don't think any of the top rated Qb's have franchise written on them. Also consider Chad Pennington from Miami.
Lee Evans (Wr Buffalo will be an unrestricted free agent), plus he is Cleveland native (Bedford H.S.)
-
Which quarterback in the draft you like the most?Dawgfanforever88 said:
I don't think we'll be getting a qb in the draft this year. My guess is that Chad Pennington winds up a Brown.Totally agree with you. Pennington would be a great fit for our team. I don't see us picking a qb early in the draft. Hope we would consider Daryll Clark from Penn State. Considered the 11th best qb in the draft by scouts. Which means we could get him in the 5th or 6th round. Reminds me a lot of McNabb in college. In the 5th or 6th, he has tons of upside.
-
Why we must Draft a DB in Round 1One would think a team with the worst QB play in the NFL over the past decade+ would consider drafting a QB. But that is just me.
true BUT not every draft has a true franchise caliber qb. Finding that unique talent is a costly gamble, but realizing Berry, Mays, or Haden (Fla. CB) will be studs is obvious.
-
Could DA end up with the worst QB rating EVER in a seasonHope we get a qb through free agency next season. We must get a guy who is a proven winner so the players buy in. Not some hot shot rookie who has to go through growing pains. I don't care if he is past prime. As long as he is established, I am fine with it. The fact is not each draft has a franchise caliber qb. Trying to force a young kid into that role is very costly.
-
Why we must Draft a DB in Round 1Since the Browns return to the league in '99, we haven't drafted a DB in round one. With this in mind is it any surprise as to why our secondary gets torched every week. I'm sick of hearing "if we don't get a pass rush it doesn't matter who is at db." We haven't had much luck in drafting lb's, or d linemen in round one (warren, c. brown, wimbley) so why not go after a corner or safety. Besides Wright, we have a roster full of average d backs who wouldn't make many rosters. Getting a lockdown corner or ballhawk in the secondary does wonders for a defense, not to mention special teams. Just look at the consistent top defenses in the league. Baltimore and Pittsburgh, both have a superstar. It's time we get one.
-
How is it that Francies hasn't beaten out McDonald at CB?Is he injured or something? He showed lots of potential in the preseason and I was hoping he would beat out McDonald, who's tackling is down right awful.
-
Prospects to WatchLove Selvie if he is there in Round 2. I believe the injury from this year will put him there. Just don't like to hear that he is a quiet leader. Reminds me of Courtney Brown. But in the second round, he could be a steal.
-
we need a vet reciverPatriots just cut Galloway. Let the veteran Buckeye mentor Robiskie. At thirty seven he only has one season left, realistically.
-
Do we have room for this guy? could be the veteran we needseems like the veteran buckeye could mentor the rookie buckeye! Go for it.
-
DB's??McDonald's tackling is flat out terrible. Instead of attacking ball carriers in the back field and "up-ending" them before they get a full head of steam, he waits flat footed for the runners to get to him and as contact is made, he does some sissy half spin and swipes for the ball. Every time! If Adams gets better is coverage, I would definetly play him. And what happened to Francies?