Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
PackFanPersonP

PackFanPerson

@PackFanPerson
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
91
Topics
2
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0
Badges

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Browns To Name Baker Mayfield Starter Monday
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Had to stop by and say Congratulations!!!!!   

    What a game.  

    Mayfield is amazing!  


  • Browns Made Offer to Scott Tolzien - New GB Starting QB
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    The D was Weeden bad.


  • Browns Made Offer to Scott Tolzien - New GB Starting QB
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @gftchris said:

    My room mate is an eagles fan so I watched the game. It seemed like it was there for the taking, but you guys just kept shooting yourself in the foot at every opportunity. Like the goal line pick. A 91-yard drive that was negated by the big interception and return. The missed FGs. The forced fumble, recovered, then a three-and-out and a missed FG really stung. It just didn't seem like the packers playing. Partly because it wasn't, really, with all the injuries.

    Still, Tolzien looked passable, though he got bailed out by his receivers a couple of times, and when they couldn't he got picked off. A project, but a decent one.

    I totally agree with everything you said. *So Frustrating*

    The O came to play (uh, as best they could), but the D....esp. the secondary was abysmal. 😠

    I have a feeling that there are going to be a few uncomfortable meetings later today.

    I also think there's a reason Tolzien is here. He managed the huddle really well, REALLY well for someone who was on the PS last week and not a blip on the radar. He might have an arm. Since I personally feel that our hopes are rather dashed, it could be fun to watch him grow.

    Oh my. McCarthy continues to become more pissed off. Good! If you're bored:

    http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/McCarthy-names-QB-Scott-Tolzien-starter-for-Giants/951cba54-1879-4450-a98f-264a18a8cd60

    The Browns need to keep it up so I have something interesting to follow (grief management...lol!) 🙂


  • Browns Made Offer to Scott Tolzien - New GB Starting QB
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Well, they're darn lucky they promoted him as Seneca got hurt in the first drive today, never to return.

    Tolzien did okay. He threw a couple of picks, but he did quite well overall. MM said he even executed plays that he had never practiced, and that he would start against the Giants next week.

    The D played like crap. Total crap. I've rarely seen McCarthy angry, but he was visably pissed off in his presser.

    Oh, and as usual, the Pack lost more than just Seneca. Also lost Hayward (again), Perry (again), Jolly, and Barclay. No idea how severe any of the injuries are, but some did not look good.

    Matthews was non-existant with his 'club'.

    I don't know what they'll do about a back up QB now, and I'm feeling quite pissy about the whole thing. 😡


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @gftchris said:

    We'll trade you Weeden for...erm...something?

    LOL!!

    Thank you all for putting up with me. Seriously. 😐

    I hope Campbell keeps it up!!! You beat the Ravens.

    We actually lost to da bears, for whatever reason (shitty D). Pretty embarrassing.


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @dste-ace said:

    I'm sure that PackFanPerson speaks for

    a lot of GB fans regarding playoff hopes this season.

    PLAYOFFS? You're talking about PLAYOFFS?

    😆


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    I understand that the Browns put in a claim on Tolzien but Tolzien refused. And this was before Rodgers went down. I guess he figured he rather be #3 in GB behind Rodgers and Wallace than be #3 here behind Campbell and Weeden.

    Probably a good move on his part because with Rodgers down....and as bad as we know that Seneca can be, Tolzien probably has a shot at starting for the Packers before too long....if Rodgers stays down a while.

    Yes. The Browns put a claim on him and the Pack offered him one dollar less than the rookie minimum on the 53. Something like that. He choose the Pack.

    But now, they've promoted him. If he doesn't do well out of the box, and Seneca does......(because I rather think that Rodgers will be out longer than is reported), then what do you do?

    Demote him back to the PS? To be claimed by another team?

    Keep 3 QB's? (not likely with the other injuries)

    Cut Seneca if he's doing well, in order to keep and develop Tolzien? Who might suck?

    ~~~~

    Okay, now I'm not feeling so pragmatic and introspective.

    How long until the urge to kill subsides? 😕

    I can't rag on MM or TT. I can't rag on most of the coaches. I can't rag on the the training staff, or strength and conditioning or an 'owner'.

    Most of the injuries were simply 'football'.

    I wish I could be honestly pissed off at someone. 🙂


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Thank you, hoorta.

    We'll see whether or not he's done for the year. All players want to play. Sometimes the coach wants to believe them.
    We'll see.

    Sorry for jacking the thread.


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @gftchris said:

    This is the guy, presumably, who lost out the backup job in San Fran to Colt McCoy.

    😁

    It's kind of a 'load off my mind' thing.

    Now that I doubt we can make the playoffs, it will be interesting to see who plays well and who doesn't.


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @gftchris said:

    According to NFL network they've promoted Scott Tolzien

    Correct.

    Oh joy.

    But that has not yet been reported on Packers.com.

    Let me check again. 🙂

    ETA:

    As usual, the info is lagging. Actually, I usually appreciate it.

    I 'assume' that Tolzien has been promoted, yet I don't have conformation.


  • The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Are you kidding me?

    GB isn't going to sign *anyone*. 🤔

    (as I speak, Flynn could be on a plane, although I rather doubt it. He has an 'elbow'. TT will not bite on that shit, says ........me.)

    Seneca didn't suck. He didn't shine, but he didn't suck. Who could blame him? "Oh, Rodgers is down, get out there and make it happen!" 🤔

    They'll probably promote the UW guy from the PS. yay. 😡

    Such is the NFL.


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    Oh, and sorry about the Finley injury- hope he's OK, but you could see on the replay- that hit was unavoidable. Gibson was going low, and Finley decided to go down at the same time- Gibson did try to lead with his shoulder, but it didn't work out that way. 🙁

    We know that.

    That hit was not malicious at all.

    It was a football thing.

    I'm just glad he's up and moving and joking. Hopefully he's been smart with his money. (not likely)

    The GOOD news (for us) is that there's a worse QB in the league than Weedon. And he plays for the Queens. And we play them on SNF this week.

    If we lose?

    That would suck. 😠


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @slowburn said:

    could be time for some of that Lombardi like discipline

    Absolutely. 🙂


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @slowburn said:

    Nowadays, it's all about instant techno fulfillment. These young fucks are missing out on so much.

    Tell the young fucks that they can earn 30 minutes of time on 'instant techno fulfillment' for every hour they spend cleaning the stable (or homework or cleaning their room or other really fun chores..lol).

    But then, I'm frequently an asshole. 🙂


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.

    Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it. 🙂

    Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.

    Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support. 😍 Class. All the way.

    The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that. 😆


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm all football as well. i would think the U of wisconsin would be second on the list to the pack.

    Yep. 😆


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    mik...........

    You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?

    Here's my answer:

    I'm kinda a NFL person.

    But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Some love Holmgren. Some don't. He pulled some shit here, too. Kind of a long time ago now, so we don't argue about it much anymore.

    Here's what I'm talking about.

    http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Mike-McCarthy-likes-the-offensive-line/74432544-8371-4231-bd9a-54bd68b69fda

    The comment I am referring to comes within the first minute.

    Either he's the best actor in the world (and that's not *him*), or we're in trouble.

    I hope he's the best actor in the world. 🙂


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    @miktoxic said:

    that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.

    geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.

    I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.

    Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.

    What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players. 😵

    This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.


  • Hello again!
    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson
    The Browns Board

    Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"

    Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

    😳

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate