Hey guys as you can tell by my screen name I am a Panthers Fan and wanted to join this board to give you my 2 cents on a possible Williams trade.
First off I like his potential but its just that potential. We don't know how that injury if is going to effect him long term or if can transition back into the 4-3. So what would you guys want out of him? As far as players we have let me give you some highlights of some of the guys we are likely going to want to trade.
TE Dante Rosario- Positives: This guy has tremendous athletic ability. Can really stretch the field. Makes big plays at big times (see Week 1 last year Vs. Chargers). That game because Steve Smith was suspended Rosario was Jakes go-to guy catching 7 passes for 96 yards and the game winning at the buzzer TD. He once again was the go-to guy last Night and he made some big playes. Negatives: Inconsistent, after Smith came back and Jake started throwing to him the most Rosario didn't get targeted as much and King is the better run blocker so he saw most of the action at TE the rest of the season.
HB Mike Goodson (Rookie)- Postives: Little Spark Plug. This guy is electric. Week 1 this preseason he showed us his awesome speed and agility. So much so that we are going to try and work him in the slot to hopeful have our own Wes Welker. And this last week he showed his ability to take it up inside. I think he was our best pick in this draft. But as you know we are stacked at RB and thin at DT so I think he would be tradeable but I would regret it. Negatives: Game 1 he fumbled twice but one shouldn't really be a fumble except according to the NFL the back of the hand is not considered a part of the body. But I think the Coachs addressed that this week in practice because in week 2 he ran inside more often and didn't fumble.
We also have James Anderson and Landon Johnson (maybe even Connor if Beason isn't out for long) at LB. Sorry we are very thin at OLine and DLine. We also have some very good Returners (Great Speed) and we wont keep them all.