I had the opportunity to watch every stinking Brown's game this season. For the purpose of this topic, I am going to act as GM and Coach and put together 2009 Cleveland Browns based on the 2008 depth chart to help owner Randy Lerner make an informed decsion. I have separated the categories in terms of starters and those who should be traded, wavied or benched. I have also filled in players who were injured throughout year and may come back. I welcome other members of this forum to help me fill in the blanks either through the draft or free agency. There is nothing scientific about this nor do I have hair resembling Mel Kiper. Let's have some fun. Here we go.
Defense: (Going back to the 4-3)
DL:
Shaun Rodgers (keep)
Cory Williams (keep)
Shaun Smith (trade/wave)
Louis Leonard (Bench)
Santonio Thomas (Bench)
LB:
D'Qwell Jackson (keep)
Kamerion Wimbley (trade/wave)
Andra Davis (trade/wave)
Alex Hall (keep)
Leon Williams (Bench)
Willie McGinest (trade/wave)
Antwan Peek (Bench)
Kris Griffin (trade/wave)
Beau Bell (trade/wave)
Shantee Orr (Bench)
CB:
Eric Wright (keep)
Brandon Mcdonald (Bench)
Terry Cousins (trade/wave)
Travis Daniels (Bench)
Gerald Lawson (Bench)
SS:
Sean Jones (trade/wave)
Brodney Pool (keep)
Mike Adams (trade/wave)
Daven Holly (keep)
Nick Sorenson (bench)
Offense:
QB:
Brady Quinn (Keep)
Derek Anderson (trade/wave)
Ken Dorsey (trade/wave)
Bruce Gradkowski (trade/wave)
RB:
Jamal Lewis (trade/wave)
Jason Wright (Bench)
Jerome Harrison (Keep)
FB:
Lawrence Vickers (Keep)
Charles Ali (Bench)
Right Guard:
Ryan Tucker (Keep)
Rex Hadnot (Bench)
Left Guard:
Eric Steinbach (keep)
Scott Young (Bench)
Left Tackle:
Joe Thomas (keep)
Right Tackle:
Kevin Shaffer (bench)
Issac Sowells (trade/wave)
Center:
Hank Fraley (keep)
Seth McKinney (Bench)
TE:
Kellen Winslow (keep)
Darnell Dinkins (trade/wave)
Martin Rucker (keep)
Steve Heiden (keep)
WR:
Donte Stallworth (trade/wave)
Braylon Edwards (keep)
Joe Jurivicious (keep)
Syndric Steptoe (trade/wave)
Special Teams:
Josh Cribbs (keep)
Phil Dawson (keep)
Dave Zastudil (keep)
Ryan Pontibrand (keep)

