I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo.
Pcollier19
Posts
-
2016 qb's rated -
The 2015 Sleeper Thread: Day 3 Prospects You Think Will Surprise...Been mentioned on this thread, but this Chris Bonner out of CSU Pueblo looks like the real deal. Has all the physical tools to be a great quarterback in the NFL. For a late round flyer, he could be a steal. There'll always be skeptics when a guy is DII, but just watch his highlights.
http://www.hudl.com/v/1wt19 -
Best Available FAsI feel like Brandon Spikes should be on this list. Could add a great deal of depth to our LB core and really made Buffalo a much better D last year. Seems like a guy Pett would love. Agree with other comments that McClain should get more love.
-
Uniform updateAnd these for the home jerseys.
That actually looks pretty good. Same with the helmet.
-
# 12 and # 19Both of these picks are no brainers if available. Devante Parker at 12 and Eddie Goldman at 19. O line will come after.
-
Eric Mangini interviewing to be head coach of Raiders. -
Season is over. Now it's time to start theI think they will go with a later round QB and concentrate on both OL and DL. WR also.
Wouldn't mind a QB in the fourth or later. Third at the very earliest. Depending on who's available, we need a dominant run stopper/pass rusher and a big, fast receiver with the first two picks. Beef up the o line in the second.
-
Haslam/Farmer Post Season PresserI'm for trading Gordon for whatever can be gotten for him, but with that said, Gordon's 23 and has proven to be an elite, game-changing player. Manziel is 22 and hasn't proven shit.
Agreed. Part of me is still willing to hang on to Gordon because of that elite level talent. Manziel on the other hand seems to just enable guys like Josh. My biggest fear in releasing/trading Gordon is that he goes somewhere like Baltimore where thugs flourish, gets his act together, and then begins destroying the Browns. Granted in the last two years he has really lost all my respect.
-
Your 2015 Cleveland BrownsThanks and totally agree. Linemen and play makers have to be top priority. Preferably a tall receiver like DeVante Parker in the first. Especially with Gordon being an enormous question mark.
-
Your 2015 Cleveland BrownsWith this year being pretty weak QB class, it may be ideal to build around Hoyer with Shaw as backup. Manziel seems like a cancer and we should deal him while he still has minimal value. Loved what I saw out of Shaw today considering his lack of line and offensive weapons. I really hope the rumors of Farmer being infatuated with Mariota aren't true because selling the farm for a rookie QB would be the Brownsiest move ever. Especially when we can get an elite WR and DT/DE with our first two picks.
Not a lot of talent available as far as free agent QBs go. I like Jake Locker and believe he hasn't really been given a fair shot in Tennessee. He's injury prone but still young and could fit well in Shanny's system.
Bryce Petty could be a nice third/fourth round pick. Good arm and size. Plus he can move out of the pocket when necessary.
I dunno, it's a mess. But what do you guys think?