Maybe, I still think you can turn it around with some new blood.
Peterman
Posts
-
From a Ravens fan: The sky is not falling for the Brownies -
From a Ravens fan: The sky is not falling for the BrowniesOK so that was a tough game for ya'll, but I am here to say that I think you can turn it around. Maybe not this year (that's probably not what you want to hear), but there are a few moves the Browns can make to come back strong for next year.
You have the makings of a decent line, with Thomas as the anchor. They did a decent job of picking up the Ravens blitzes. I would expect a veteran signing this offseason coupled with drafting an interior lineman.
Get rid of Jamal or use him as a 3rd down back depending on salary cap and the CBA. He is obviously not the answer.
Trade Braylon Edwards this season for a draft pick (1st or 2nd, preferably 1st).
Keep Mangina till the end of the season, and make a big move for Shanahan, Holmgren, or Cowher, with Cowher being the ideal choice. I personally don't think Mangina is the answer for this team. They need someone with some fire (see: Singletary in SF). A defensive-minded coach would be ideal for facing off against AFC north rivals.
At this point, I would also consider using Ratliff. Why not see what he has?
Ravens fans do not take your team as a joke, and neither do the Ravens. Up until today, the Browns have always played us tough. They are missing some of that tenacity. This team is 4-5 players away from being a lot better. Fill up the line with some nasty players (build around Thomas and Rogers), and you will have a team that can compete in this division.
-
I Guarantee a Browns win on SundayWell the OP does have a point, these are the makings of a trap game. However, Coach Harbaugh's mentality has been from the get-go "one game at a time." It would be very uncharacteristic for the Ravens to overlook the Browns.
If the Browns can convert on 3rd downs and not turn the ball over, they have a shot at keeping it close.
-
Keys to Killing Rats & Ruffling Feathers at the BirdcageAs a Ravens fan, I agree with most of the things the OP is saying. I will add a few:
1) Balance. Use Jamal and the running game to open up the passing game. The Ravens' DBs are not as bad as they looked against SD last week, but if CLE can establish a decent running attack, and begin to run play action and misdirections, our corners will bite.
2) No huddle offense, screens, and slants. Quinn will need to get rid of the ball very quickly. The Ravens' D gets tired against the no-huddle (ask the Steelgirls)
3) Keep Flacco off the field. If you can control TOP, you have a better shot of keeping the game close.
4) Clone Cribbs. The Ravens can't seem to stop this guy. Hopefully, our ST coach (Rosburg, you may remember him) has figured out to kick it away from Cribbsy. I realize he hasn't been a great WR for you all, but I could see him being effective if used in screens.
5) Be unpredictable. Try trick plays. Do anything to throw our D off. If we know what's coming, you're done.
Anyway, hope to see a good game tomorrow, I will be in the stands at the Birdcage.
-
I Guarantee a Browns win on SundayRavens fan here. I do believe the game will be closer than many expect, but I still see the Ravens winning (as long as we don't kick it to Cribbs, who is a beast, of course).
Does the OP wish to make a friendly wager on the game seeing as he is so confident?
Also, I loled @ "Ray Lewis' last big play"