Zombo said:
Well, yeah. I've been all over the country and Pittsburgh ranks pretty low on the hot chick scale, not so much the city itself but the outlying posts like Greensburg, Washington ... but the ugliest chicks I have ever seen come from Punxsatawney, which is not Pittsburgh, but still Steeler country.
Like any other metropolitan areas there are a lot of beauties too. But, I'm not from Pittsburgh or Cleveland and I can honestly tell you... Cleveland has much better-looking women overall.
But, I digress. Yes, we go lowbrow with Steeler fans sometimes, but, as you can see, that's not the way we talk to each other.
Like WPBDawg pointed out, if the visitors would respect the place and act like guests who just want to talk football, we wouldn't have a problem with them. Problem is that 85% of them come in here like jagoffs.
Your post was great, and respectful, if they were all like you, we wouldn't have a problem. We'd root for the Browns, you'd root for the Steelers, and we'd have some good-natured ribbing. I'd actually like it that way. We don't want to just talk to ourselves, we enjoy an occasional rival coming here with some spirited talk during the week we play them, and other times too.
But if you come in the door with all this mindless towel-waving and your mission is just to antagonize and shit all over the place, you will either 1) be escorted out or 2) left to be pawed around by the member who are like boarded cats batting around sick mice.
Skippy made me a moderator after the AFC Championship to help him police the place because of the influx of Steeler fans. I don't even like moderating, I'd rather just post, but this site means a lot to me, so I am glad to help out. You wouldn't believe the endless crap that Steeler fans throw all over our board that needs to be deleted, it kind of takes the fun out of it for me.
I don't mind posting my "This Week" column every week, baiting some rival fans into a go-round and then sparring with them for a day or two. But day after day with the same old crap ... it gets old.
I notice that when someone becomes a moderator, they post less. Mark, Hoorta, WPB, they all used to post more. Now Doug and I are slowing down. It's because you log on and you see all the crap you have to clean off, then you forget what you wanted to discuss with your Browns friends in the first place.
Dude, your post was great, if you have more friends that feel the same way you do, bring them over. But understand when you are 4-12 and the Steelers are in the super bowl and there are ten of them just spewing crap all over our boards all day ... some of our members end up getting bored and dropping to their level and smacking them around.
But when this board is rocking and rolling, there are no greater, more loyal fans anywhere. Old school, new school ... you name it. This is an intelligent, passionate bunch, and we can tell a real Steeler fan from a hate-baiter, so stick around if you feel the need.
Zombo
--the average Pittsburgh girl is pretty cute ... but c'mon you have admit there are some scary-looking pockets out their with girls with thicker unibrows than mine
Westmoreland, Greene, Fayette County. Thats hick area. But its still Steeler country. Shit, everything west all the way to Harrisburg is Steeler country. To the east to Youngstown, south to Lord knows where....and North to Erie. Steeler country is huge. There are DEFINITELY some ugly chicks out there.
But I want you to come to Pitt. Check out the Pitt girls. Duquesne girls. Even the little nerdy chicks at CMU can be smoking hot. Now maybe Im just still stuck in college (Im 24 years old) but the girls I see when Im out at the bars I frequent, and at my tailgates...well we like to keep the quality of girls high.
Good post Zombo, I didn't think you could be as much of an ass as I thought you were. You proved me right.
So I will ask you now sir. Steelers or Cards? Sticking with the AFC or do you hate the black and gold so much you want the birds?
...hey! I resent the mindless towel waving comment!
