so we draft him ( Brandon Thomas) with one of our lower picks and wait a year to see the fruits of our labor.
plumcrazy73
Posts
-
Ben Tate on NFL Radio -
interesting book written by Don Cockroft about the 80 Kardiac kidsDon Cockroft came on Sirrus NFL radio and was talking and he told of his book, sounds like a good read so I thought I would share it with everyone.
Below is the front page of his website, he wrote , published and is distributing the book himself.
http://thekardiackids.com/home.php
The 1980 Kardiac Kids — Our Untold Stories is the most complete, most comprehensive account of this miracle season ever published. The book is dedicated to the fans who cheered for the Browns every step of the way as they battled to win a division championship, their first in nine years.
This 672-page, hardcover, coffee-table edition features a look at how the Kardiac Kids were formed, personal stories from the players and coaches, a detailed recap of every game, fan memories, plus much, much more.
You will take a walk down memory lane by revisiting the birth of the Kardiac Kids, including the emergence of Brian Sipe at quarterback, the hiring of coach Sam Rutigliano and the 1979 season when the Kids began to establish their reputation for exciting, come-from-behind victories.
Next, you will read a compelling and inspirational story about each player and coach that takes you on his journey to becoming a Cleveland Brown, describes his vital contributions to the team’s success and provides a fascinating and meaningful look at his life today.
Then, as each amazing game is brought back to life in words and pictures, you will relive all the spectacular plays and thrilling moments while being transported back to the time when the Kardiac Kids captured your heart.
You will also read fresh and insightful commentary about the playoff game against the Oakland Raiders on January 4, 1981. Players and coaches will recall the challenge of overcoming those bitterly-cold and blustery conditions at frozen Cleveland Stadium.
And, yes, they will share with you their thoughts and reflections on Red Right 88, the play that shattered the dreams of a Super Bowl title. -
New Ownership.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/29/report-lerner-to-retain-30-percent-stake-in-browns/
Report: Lerner to retain 30 percent stake in Browns
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Randy Lerner, Pat Shurmur AP
Browns fans hoping to be rid of owner Randy Lerner are getting their wish, to an extent.
According to a report from WKYC sportscaster and the team play-by-play voice Jim Donovan (via the Cleveland Plain Dealer), Lerner will retain a 30 percent share of the team.
Lerner’s selling controlling interest in the Browns to truck stop magnate (and really, that might be the best business card title ever) Jimmy Haslam.
Donovan also reported Haslam will have the option to increase that share later, but that leaves the unpopular Lerner as a small part of the franchise.
-
New Ownership.Actually ties to the possible new president maybe what does Heckertt in there was a bit of a issue between them when at the end of his time with the Eagles if I remember right. Not saying it is enough to get him canned though.
-
Camp Trade Josh Cribbsfor the right price everyone is tradable question is what is the right price! although I don't want Cribbs going anywhere!!!
-
Oh! if the browns had never left.STRAIGHT UP FOR DA SURE LETS DO IT
-
Fans, Quinn lose as Browns stick with Andersonwon't play him cuase of money or pride one of the two or both
-
Have we been doing this backwardsI agree, plus there is not a QB that I want that high, if we take one in the 2nd then ok but not with a 1st pick. If someone is there that A. could end up being who we want or B. could be the back up we need.
-
We Wonquestion is with Diaboli (or how ever you spell the OC's name) other then horrible, maybe he is not calling the plays to let Quinn go downtown some, I mean he has a NFL arm, not a DA arm but enough to get the box unstacked.
-
We WonBUT WE STILL SUCKED UP THE PLACE!
-
Note to the boardI will be headed across the water tomorrow, Uncle Sam called again. Will probably be without Internet for a monthish from what I am told. have fun, remember that even if this team's play sucks still better to be a fan of a loosing Browns team then a fan of the Steelers no matter what the record!
-
Why I will no longer be a Browns or a Cleveland sports fanIf you hate him so much why did you line his pockets with money? When I don't like someone I tend to NOT give him money! You are a freakin joke, go root for the BUCS since that is such a great city. Nothing worse then a fair weather, I am better then you fan. STFU and leave.
-
Polamalu will be back for Brown's GameGood I want him on the field that way if we beat them, they can't say well Polly was not on the field, if he was there you would not have won! I want to beat their best not their worst, will take the win without him there but prefer it with him there
-
Committed to build through the draftNo QB in the first round, Berry or RB with the first pick, course if we have the #1 pick then may change that. IF we can't trade down which I hope we can do
-
Committed to build through the draftNo QB in the first round, Berry or RB with the first pick, course if we have the #1 pick then may change that. IF we can't trade down which I hope we can do
-
Browns Fans vs. Raiders FansSteeler SChuck said:
We had a Raiders troll on a Steeler forum I belong to.Can you imagine that - a f*cking Raid-aahs troll?
As long as Kim Jong Il is their owner, they're fated to suffer futility.
Some zen for yinz:

Regards
..... an'at
.
YEA don't you hate it when you get TROLLS on your message board from other teams!
-
Braylon Edwards Accused of AssaultIF we are going to trade him, either RB or RG or CB but not for a scrub
-
Braylon Edwards Accused of Assaulthttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...aylon/#comments
LeBron calls out Braylon
Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2009 5:32 PM ET
Earlier today, a man who claims that Browns receiver Braylon Edwards beat him up attributed the trouble to jealously that Edwards has for Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James.
And now James is wading into the dispute.
And, in other words, it's getting goooooood.
"I've never crossed paths with Braylon before, but it seems like there's a little jealousy going on with Braylon and me and my friends," James said Monday, per the Associated Press. "I have no idea why. I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously. It's like hitting one of my kids. It doesn't make sense."
More importantly for Edwards, his boss responded to the situation on Monday. And coach Eric Mangini, who has been fining guys for parking-space infractions and water-bottle violations, doesn't sound happy.
"I know there is an incident that has been reported with Braylon Edwards, it's something that I am aware of," Mangini said Monday. "It is something that I spoke with Braylon about and personal conduct is very important to me. I always want our players to put themselves in the most positive positions. This is something I will continue to gather information on."
Edwards had zero catches in Sunday's overtime loss to the Browns. Per the AP, it's the first time that Edwards failed to make a reception in his entire career.
UPDATE: The Cleveland Plain Dealer has more from LeBron, who attempts to educate LeBrown on one what it means to be a pro athlete. "I know how to handle myself as a professional athlete and I take care of my friends and my family. It is unfortunate that some guys don't understand that. You are a role model to kids and you should carry yourself that way on and off the field. And I carry that. I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize myself or my family. I'm one of the guys that look at being a professional athlete at more than just being out on the court."
-
Battle Of Ohiosorry but not a Quinn fag, but there is no way you can say DA did better last week, 3 in vs 1, no brainer who did better. Has quinn played good this year no. but maybe this is a put a fire under him move (hope it is, hope it works, ) i do agree though, that he needs to just play and not worry bout mistakes. but I still wonder how much they are letting him just play, IE how many deep calls are they sending in for him to play.
Either way I just want the Browns to play good football and win. IF DA does that today great. Don't care who QB's the Browns, just want to win, but pulling a QB like we have this year and in past does nothing but give us what we have now.
-
What kind of dog do you own?Great Dane, Black Lab mix GREAT dog, Long Haired Weiner Dog good dog 12 years old getting up there