Thanks to my wonderful wife, I'm flying into Cleveland for the Stoolers game and staying at the Lakeside Doubletree next to Browns Stadium. I'm on my own, don't know anyone from Cleveland and am there from the 30th December until the 3rd January so If any out of towners want to meet up with a British Brown, i'd be more than happy to meet for a couple of beers. So far I plan to go to the Browns Board Tailgate, visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame and obviously see the Browns destroy the Steelers, I may even go see the Cavs after (I don't even like Basketball much, but i'm all for supportng local charities!) but other than that i'm more than happy to share my incredible sense of humour and sparkling personality with anyone over my 4 day stay. I've also been told i'm a chick magnet so others may benefit by association.... Ok so that's not true, but I'm not afraid to front a round of drinks so give me a shout via PM if anyones at a loose end. 
Pompey
Posts
-
Out of towner coming in for new years! -
Dan Pompei Says Mangini Will Get AxedI hope this is speculation, Mangini has done a B+ job as far as i'm concerned. So many positives to take from this year, the best team with a losing record by a country mile!
-
PlayoffsZombo said:
At Houston is not a walk in the park. The Saints are still one of the best teams in the league. And Cincy beat them the first time they played.Sure it'a a long. long shot ... but hope is a wonderful thing.
Zombo
Agreed Zombo, but sadly it's also the hope that kills you! There is nothing I'd like more than arriving In Cleveland for the Stoolers game, needing a win to squeek into the playoffs on the last day, but sadly I still think it highly, highly unlikely (but still not totally impossible.)

-
helmet logosI love the Browns style, everything about the traditions of the Browns seems to stick its middle finger up to this corporate, rotten world we live in. The Browns are a marketing mans nightmare and may we always stay that way. The Browns are the coolest looking team in ALL pro sports.

-
AJ Green next year -
Happy Thanksgiving!Happy Thanksgiving to all my American cousins! Don't eat too much.

-
Son of FireWant to know what our putative QBs name means?
McCoy is an Anglicization of the Gaelic Mac Aohd which means "Son of Fire"
"Colt means "frisky young horse".
http://genealogy.about.com/library/surname..._name-MCCOY.htm
And there was me thinking he was named after a brand of potato crisps!

-
Troy Smith to start in LondonI wonder sometimes if the Brits fully understand the game. I'm sure soccer and rugby is more their cup of tea. (pardon the pun). Do they watch and say... "I say Ol chap was that what they call a TD" or "Look that man is taking it to the bloody house, cheerio for him".
That's uncanny! How did you know? Were you sat next to me last year in London!

-
Troy Smith to start in LondonZombo said:
I love seeing the devotion the Browns get from our fans in the UK. We've got three of our UK members coming in for the Jets game, make sure you stop by the tailgate for the Steelers game and meet the gang!Zombo
Thanks Zomba, I will definitely be looking to meet up pre game with the guys on here. I'm travelling over on my own so it'd be great to meet some friendly Brownies!
-
Troy Smith to start in LondonZombo said:
The British should revolt after this matchup we sent them...Zombo
LOL, most fans in the UK are just grateful for the chance to see quality football over here! (ok I know As Dean and Denver are poor but....) I officiate games in the UK and the standard is woeful. Most High school teams would beat our best Adult teams. The game is enjoying a resurgence in the UK, in the 80's it was all the rage, I saw Cleveland play Philadelphia at wembley in 89 and was lucky enough to see Sean Payton QB for the Leicester Panthers, during the 90's and early 00's I lost interest in the sport, but regained it partly through the Wembley games. I am coming over to Cleveland for the Steelers game and will see the Browns for only the second time, first in their natural environment, which I am so excited about. However generally these London games are my only contact with pro football, something I am very grateful of and appreciate the sacrifice made by the teams and fans to come to London and give us Brits our yearly football fix. Long may it continue, even if it is the sh*tty 49ers and bloody Broncos!

-
Live Stream, this week a challenge!Being in the UK I'm up a bit early than you guys on the other side of the pond so I thought I'd give you a heads up! I'm sure your aware but for the past 3 or 4 weeks nicholas has been streaming an early game chosen by fans voting on the site. The Browns game has been chosen each time backed by a landslide amount of votes. This week there is a challenge! Those pesky New Orleans glory boys are mounting a serious challenge to the browns dominance of the vote. Us world wide backers need your help now! Please go to the site and chose Cleveland @ P******** as the live game. It's gonna be a close one so we really need to mobilise the vote.
One other thing if your planning on watching this stream (Should we win the vote), get in early and stay on as the room fills up real quick and you won't get in once it's met the user limit!

41 people in the room already, 50 limit (I believe?)
-
Colt McCoyI have Hope for Colt would Love to see him do well lets give him a chance before all the Bashing starts you never know.
Patients is a definate requirement. I'd love to see Colt do well but the odds are stacked against the lad.

-
Colt McCoymikeyP72 said:
Kid's a dead man... one terrible start against Pitt and we might ruin the kid.But please if he fails, do not call for his head.... We need to stop what we're doing.... Everyone wants to crucify Jake already and hes been playing hurt. Sure he's old and might not care (as seen in the 2nd half vs ATL) but we never give anyone a friggin chance....
Give this kid one... I hated when we drafted him but its exciting to think what an actual NFL QB and our run game could do together.
Agree on all accounts. If he's doing his best and his best ain't good enough thats no excuse to crucify anyone. Thats not support.
-
Do you guys need to borrow a QB for next week?I'd be ashamed if we had that twat under center. No means no Ben. What a tosser.

-
Good going Browns, victory at last!Great win and a platform to build on. This team could make 6-10 which would be good progress. Then with a solid foundation we could look to add some 'star' quality, particularly in the WR corp.
-
T.J. WardT.J. Ward hits like a Locomotive! Will be a feature on this Browns team for years to come, just needs to steer clear of injury. All the same it was a Silly play given the circumstances.

-
Sunday Stream1 more from illinois

LOL, The world is watching! c'mon Browns stuff it to the naff 'ol tigger stripes!
-
Sunday StreamLooking like a blowout on knicktv as of now, I checked it out before reading this thread and figured we had to be stuffing the ballot.
Good job!
Six of them votes came from the UK, bless my mates! Looking forward to the game now, thanks for the heads up!

-
Sunday StreamCheck out knicktv.com
The site lets you vote for which game he streams on Sunday. Vote for the browns and bengals.
That is all. Good day sirs!
Voted and have started a UK Campaign to get the game aired today. (well a link to a few hundred friends on facebook, so maybe not exactly a campaign! LOL)
-
Guess what Guys and Gals???Im Having a Feeling Again lol ERIC Wright plays a Huge Game today 2 Picks...............................Oh boy and i havent even starting drinking yet lol Have a Great day Browns Backers lets get a damn Win eric Wright Blow it up I hope Haden comes through for me.
Not bad logic MBF, Eric Wright can't have a worse game! The only way is up.
