You're looking at this from an uneducated fans perspective, not from a football perspective. GMs and coaches will look deeper into bqs situation and realize the right side of his oline is weak and he has to rely on a bunch of rookies and backups for weapons on offense. They'll also see he has things to improve on, but all inexperienced qbs do. Even if a team tries to lowball the Browns, they're not going to accept a 4rth for bq when he hasn't even had a fair shot. BQ hasn't even played a full 16 games yet. I think the Browns will give BQ a fair shot and go from there. Also, can you stop talking to us as if we work for the Browns and we have the ability to trade quinn? We're just fans dude.
Whoa!
Let's take a step back and a deep breath. I kinda had the feeling that I wasn't communicating with the Browns front office by the mere fact that someone posted that they'd deal Quinn for...what was it? A bag of balls and some knee pads? Or was it the presence of the emoticons? Never mind.
Look, if there has been some misunderstanding concerning one of my posts, let me be the first to apologize. It was not my intent to come off in the manner with which you perceived.
I believe that you may have responded to my initial post with something to the effect of: What? Trade Brady Quinn for merely a 4th rounder?
To which I thought I replied by asking you to place a value on him based upon what we know today. Now, if you believe that he's worth more than a 4th round pick (which is what I suspect), then that's fine. I just wanted to see how Browns fans valued him - not try to broker some message board internet trade agreement to forward to Billy Devaney (Rams GM).
I fully realize that many Browns fans feel that Quinn may not have had a full hearing in terms of his capabilities. But that hasn't stopped the media (or even this message board) from suggesting he could get dealt or that a new QB could come in to replace him. I'm just getting into a conversation that's been going on for much of the season. I came onto this board thinking that there were some intelligent Browns fans/bloggers who might have an idea of how the organization operates and whether or not they'd consider deals for Quinn. If so, what would they suspect the price would be?
No big deal, though. Good luck fellas.
Also, if it meant anything to you, I could envision agreeing to flip-flop #66 and #68. Finally, #68 and our 4th likely gets you into the lower third of the 2nd round if you were so inclined.