Thanks for your honest opinion. McCown short future. Manziel troubled future? AD we hope your wrong. Living in NC our group of man cave guys would scout for coach Webb at Southwest H.S. We played Todd Gurley twice a year at his H.S. the Tarboro Vikings. Every HS with a track around it was standing room only. Todd was wide up top with nothing below the waist but had ankles that I thought were not attached to his feet. Mix that with his vision you got Barry Sanders. Everybody in the state ofNC wanted Todd in College, Mark Ricks at Ga. did it right with Todd. Everybody knows ACC in known for Basketball not Football. Any kid with a free ride to School in Football all want out of N.C.. It was awesome to see what Ricks & Staff did toGurley under the waist and wala he's a Ram & Enjoy the kid is special & not a "I" kid but always "WE" kid. A great person is bigger than football. As for us in HS we got him to OT once & lost but the NC theme was stack 8 in the box & let Their QB beat ya, And yes Todd had a great one of those too. Todd never lost a NC HS State Championship but damn we tried. Enjoy his ride in the Pros, I will, BUT THIS WEEK SAY IT WITH ME---GO BROWNS!!
I watched him in TC and spoke to him when he was signing a ball for my daughter. Dude's legs are like tree trunks now. Amazing. He's a cool dude and he interviews like he's a humble guy.
By the way, if he tops 140 yards today he ties Eric Dickerson's 32 year old record for consecutive games with 140+ yards by a rookie.
Thanks for the story. I'll be sharing it on Rams On Demand.