I think it's time to come to grips with 2 absolute truths my friend:
1.) The Browns are a bad team right now.
2.) ManKok isn't the franchise savior.
And here is an a 3rd, but unproven truth: Quinn and Anderson would both have better careers for a different team.
This team looks like the expansion Browns.
@greythan said:
He thinks both guys stink.
Goes through a prolonged preseason competition. Many folks here commented on how it looked more like DA lost the competition versus BQ winning it.
The only reason I can think that Mangini makes the switch down 20 was NOT to try and win the game. Nope, I think he may dislike both his QB's immensely and could care less about either's pysche. (Pull Quinn at the half and only let DA know as they're heading back out on the field.) There's no way you pull Quinn if you "like" him. Way too short of a leash. I'm also wondering if Quinn and DA both know how little they're liked and may be why neither has shined so far in preseason or games. (Lack of confidence.)
He may have simply taken the "safer" guy in Quinn hoping for low mistakes, but simply couldn't stomach the complete lack of production. So, he sends in DA and promptly is rewarded with 3 picks.
Ugly ugly stuff.