I love it. To be honest it seems like we are doomed to loose no mater what we do. I would love to see us change the game and get ahead of the curve. I just hope that we can get the football people we need at coach and "GM" to buy into it and actually make it work. Our situation is such a mess that we need a major shake up to turn this thing around. I'm willing to give this a shot.
ReginaBrownsFan
Posts
-
Browns hire Jonah Hill....err Paul DePodesta as CSO -
DysfunctionI am so sick of people piling on way over the top on the Browns. Yeah there have been some bad things that have gone on but people are taking this to the extreme. It's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be and some of these reporters are just turning up every stone to try and find bad news instead of reporting with a level head. We went 7-9 last year people. Chill out!
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielI agree with you, since Farmer came in they have made a big deal about changing the culture with “play like Browns” etc.
They don't trust him off the field so he isn't getting on it.
I sure hope that they are not talking about the way Hoyer is playing when they say "play like Browns"
-
Hoyers should be removed as starterNot starting Manziel was a mistake by Pettine. Not pulling Hoyer at half was another mistake. I've been happy with Pettine but those moves most likely have cost us the playoffs.
-
Hoyers should be removed as starter -
Jonathan Paul ManzielYou all are the most hyperbolic fans I've ever seen. How are we out of contention? Everyone in our division besides Cinci lost. Until we are mathematically out, it isn't over.
I'm not saying it's over for sure or anything but I can't see us beating Indy next week and I think we're in bad standing in terms of the tiebreaker.
Despite how my comments may look I'm not unhappy at all. We've lost a lot of key guys to injury this year, have a lot of guys who will get better in the years ahead and I personally trust our current front office to continue to make smart moves and improve our team (especially with two first round picks). We've done better than anyone thought we would and the future is bright for the Browns!
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielYes. Unfortunately playoffs are pretty much over for us now. Start the learning process for Johnny.
-
What did Brian Hoyer say to T West after the TD run?The one thing I dislike about West is his dumb touchdown dance. Glad Hoyer shut it down.
-
Mini-Bye Blues... Who Ya Watchin'? -
The Schedule GameTO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
- Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
-
Dumb Tiebreaking ProcessNot that it really matters but why the hell are the steelers ranked ahead of us in the standing when we are leading the point differential against them in our head to head games? The NFL has a pretty stupid tiebreaking process. I'd be pretty upset if we missed the playoffs for something like this.
-
F Brian "Garbage" HoyerHoyer is neither as good as many want him to be or as bad as many make him out to be.
x2
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielManziel is definitely not ready to start yet but I really hope that he figures it out because when he shows flashes of what he can do it is exciting as hell. If he can put it all together at some point it is going to be very fun watching Browns games with him at the helm.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielVery nice read. Nick Saban told Johnny in front of the ESPN cameras that he was one of the greatest competitors he has ever seen in his 40 years of coaching football. Once they take the bit out of his mouth and tell him he can just compete and not have to "act like a backup", they will see a completely different person. Right now he's toning it down under orders and saying what they want him to say. You'd think they'd bought a nag from a dog food factory instead of what he is.
To me the whole show seems like a smart way to get the most out of Johnny. If I'm an ultra competitive guy and you put me at the bottom of the depth chart and tell me I'm a backup that's going to motivate the hell out of me to prove that I'm no backup and I certainly don't belong at the bottom of the depth chart. Seems like a much better way to motivate him then telling him he's the man and the job is his oh and by the way thanks for all the jersey sales.
-
Who's gonna go see Draft Day?I thought it was an average movie. It didn't really build a real emotional attachment for me even though I'm a Browns fan.
Spoiler alert:
Biggest disappointment: They couldn't even show the Browns winning a single game the next season! Even in the movies we can't win!

.
-
Uniformz?
Mock up from a guy who knew the supposed insider. The insider described the numbers as smoke columns, but I think he's got smoke columns confused with smokestacks, because this looks like Cartoon Network. I'd like to see another mock-up thrown together with normal looking numbers. The orange is good color. Replace the orange pants with brown. Keep the original helmet, and I could be okay with this.
These would be the ugliest uniforms in the league. I think we have the nicest Jerseys now and I'm not sure why we want to change.
-
Hoyer Starting QB 2014It's smart to draft another QB but I hope they give Hoyer the starting gig at the start of the season (unless the rookie lights it up in pre season and Hoyer sh*ts the bed). Let the young guy learn and find out if Hoyer is legit. Maybe it's because the guy he replaced was so bad but he seemed legit in what we've seen so far.
-
Attaboy, Phil! -
Attaboy, Phil!Props to Phil! Too bad it couldn't have been done with the Browns.
-
Franklin to interviewCheck out some of the guy's post game press conferences on youtube. This article also has a bit of info on him: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/cleveland_browns_have_requeste.html
He is my favourite candidate so far. Appears to be a smart, confident, strong leader from what I can see. Would be very happy if we end up hiring him.