http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_19.html
BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini said today that he'll wait until Wednesday to announce his decision on a starting quarterback for the Ravens game next Monday night.
"I know where I'm headed, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday,'' he said. "I haven't talked to the quarterbacks about it yet, so that's part of it.'
Derek Anderson is last in the NFL with a 36.2 rating and has thrown only two touchdown passes against nine interceptions and could be replaced by Brady Quinn.
Quinn was pulled at halftime of the Ravens game in Week 3. In 2 1/2 games, he had thrown one TD pass and three interceptions for a 62.1 rating. One of the things that got him benched in the first place was converting only 6-of-30 third down attempts. But third down has been just as ineffective in his absence.
Mangini said the emphasis will be on protecting the football. The Browns are minus-11 in turnover differential.
Personally though, I have to ask myself something: Without a GM to stop him - could Mangini make himself our starting QB?!!?!??!?!??!