Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
S

scubadhp

@scubadhp
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
20
Topics
4
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Future Browns QB?
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Not really, he is 3rd string, I wonder why?

    I live in CT and saw this video this morning. I have season tickets for the Huskies and am wondering where this kid came from. With all the QB struggles UConn had last year, I never heard his name mentioned... to be that accurate and not even get a whiff of a shot, he must be dumber than a rock and unable to read the playbook...


  • Cribbs at Safety
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Why not try him out at saftey, even if its just in mini-camps to see he understands the position. He may show that he gets it or not during the mini-camps. If he gets it, continue with the experiment and if he doesn't well, he still has his current role.


  • Does Beanie drop to Round 2 and if so . . . ?
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    What would you all think of Donald Brown of UConn if he doesn't get picked early? He was the leading rusher in college football this year. Obviously not as our first rounder, but maybe in the 2nd...


  • Beau Bell Inactive again
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    This regime sure knows how to waste picks, I highly doubt we will see Rucker tonight, though I really want to see him get some catches. Anyone want to take a hit out on RAC?


  • Beau Bell Inactive again
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Bell is inactive again! Are we ever going to see this kid play????


  • If RAC Knows He's Gone - Will He Even Play Younger Guys?
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    This article seems to answer our question:

    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/36032934.html

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Marla Ridenour can be reached at [email protected]. Read her Browns blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/.

    BEREA: Browns coach Romeo Crennel is turning a deaf ear to those clamoring for playing time for the Browns' rookies, especially tight end Martin Rucker.

    Playing in just two games this season and catching one pass for 9 yards, Rucker was expected to get his chance after Kellen Winslow suffered a high ankle sprain against Indianapolis Nov. 30. While he was active last week at Tennessee, Rucker was used only on special teams.

    In a draft-day trade with Dallas, the Browns gave up their third-round draft choice in 2009 to obtain the fourth-round pick to select Rucker. At that time, he was thought to be an insurance policy in case Winslow held out of training camp after asking for a new contract in February.

    ''Rucker has a lot of potential,'' Winslow said Thursday. ''He's got a long way to go, just knowledge of the game, speed of the game, knowing when to run his routes off what coverage, that sort of thing. But he's going to get there. I think he's going to be a good player.''

    Rucker set the school record at Missouri with 203 career receptions and totaled 2,175 yards and 18 touchdowns. His 84 catches in 2007 broke the season record for tight ends. He shattered most of the school marks set by Winslow's father, Kellen Sr.

    Winslow Jr. said he had an easier transition to the NFL playing in a pro-style offense at the University of Miami than Rucker did coming out of Missouri.

    ''I think Rucker was in an empty-set kind of offense,'' Winslow said. ''He had 90 catches or something, I would love that. And he was getting handoffs from the quarterback and running it. That's pretty special. He's ahead of the curve in the passing game, so that helps.''

    The embattled Crennel has been adamant that winning is foremost in his mind. Although he didn't say it, he won't play youngsters just so the next regime can get a look at them.

    Both Rucker and linebacker Beau Bell, another fourth-round pick, had arthroscopic knee surgery in the preseason that set them back. But Crennel's assessment of Rucker was less than glowing Thursday and he said Rucker remains No. 3 behind Steve Heiden and Darnell Dinkins.

    ''He's been picking up the system. The opportunities he's gotten in practice he's embraced those and tried to get some things done,'' Crennel said of Rucker. ''The strong part of his game is his ability to catch the ball and find the open spots in the zones. He's looked good doing that. He still needs to work on some things.''

    After the Colts game, Crennel said Rucker needed to ''show that he belongs and that he knows what to do. There was one play that he went out there and we had a problem with the formation and we had to use a timeout.''


  • Draft Pick
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    I'm surprised this topic is still going. I was lazy this morning when I first posted, and got jumped on my a few very cranky fellow Browns fans. I'm 26 years old and have been a Browns fan as long as I can remember, and all I asked was a simple question. So I'm sorry Grethan and Adam if you were miffed by my laziness, I'll try not to let it happen again, wouldn't want to annoy you...


  • Draft Pick
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    You got me, I was just being lazy.


  • Draft Pick
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Thanks, you've been so helpfull...


  • Draft Pick
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    So, if the season ended today, what number pick would we have in the 1st round of the upcoming draft?


  • Pulling BQ
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    But DA didn't provide a td did he?


  • Team Quit?!?!!?
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Dawson didn't quit, yes he missed that field goal, but in the replay afterward, you can see his plant foot slide as he was planting it to kick the ball. he didn't quit, he's been the only constant on this team for the last decade...


  • Brady Quinn - Injured Finger
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Cleveland Browns Brady Quinn has right index finger fracture

    by Tony Grossi Thursday November 20, 2008, 11:19 AM

    Brady Quinn has a small fracture in his right index finger, but is expected to make his third straight start on Sunday.

    Coach Romeo Crennel said the fracture was discovered on an X-ray, which was taken after Quinn complained of soreness in the finger after Wednesday's practice.

    Quinn was examined by a hand specialist, who cleared him to play, the coach said.

    "This is a small fracture," Crennel said.

    Quinn will wear a splint on the finger when he's not practicing or playing.


  • Harrison
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    I'm so done with Lewis running 1 in a cloud of smoke. Harrison makes the offense so much more dynamic and wide open. Harrison had 3 rushes for 80 yards, plus however many receiving yards...


  • Harrison
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    I just don't get it, he had over 100 yards on the ground, and a bunch through the air, how can the coaching staff not put him in?


  • Harrison
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Harrison has his way with the defense for 2 or 3 series, yet he isn't in when the game is on the line. Can anyone come up with a halfway decent excuse why?


  • Eric Wright
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    I'm so angry at this defense right now, that if the offense pulls this off I'm not sure I'll be happy...


  • Eric Wright
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    I've seen 5 or 6 plays where Wright has someone wrapped up or at least has a hold of the guys jersey, and he's just punching at the ball while the guy runs for 5 more yards. Hit someone!


  • Eric Wright
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    Some one needs to tell Eric Wright to stop trying to punch the ball out every time he wraps someone up. Lay a hit on someone you pansy...


  • CRENNEL THROWS DA UNDER THE BUS!!!!!
    S scubadhp
    The Browns Board

    and as for BQ being short, he's 6'3". not that much shorter than DA.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate