I agree with the Mangini take. I just like what was said about McCoy.
Seanthomas
Posts
-
Sam Rutigliano on WKNR -
Sam Rutigliano on WKNRListening to Sam Rutigliano on WKNR this morning. He said "Mangini needs to quit with the Belichek act, because Colt McCoy is your QB for the next 10 years."
During the Jets game, when we were down 20-13 with 3 minutes or so left. I said "this is where Colt Mccoy becomes a legend or just another QB." I'm sure many of you were thinking the same thing. He gave us the chance to win that game at the end. Too bad the browns couldn't capitalize.
-
PerceptionTo all of those who have already given up on this team, may I point out something that might give pause.
Look at the first two games of the 2009 campaign. A 34-20 loss at home to Minnesota and an embarrassing 27-6 ass-whooping in Denver. A total point deficit of 35 for the first two games.
This season it's 5.
I'm not excusing the mistakes that led to an 0-2 start to this season, but I will confidently proclaim that this team is improved from one year ago.
We still have a long way to go but we are on the right track. As long as I see improvements, no matter how gradual, I am encouraged.
We played the Ravens in Baltimore for week 3 last year. Anyone remember that game? I try not to. I am confident we will make a better showing this time around. We'll see on Sunday.
I will reserve judgement until the bye week. BUT, I have seen some improvement in some areas, and some regression in others. I know it's only week 3 right now, and we might get a better idea after the Ravens game, but check out these stats....
At the end of 2009 we were...
2009
32nd Total offense
32nd passing Offense
8th rushing Offense
Def
31st total def
29th passing Def
28th rushing Def
this year so far we are
17th total offense
13th passing offense
22nd rushing offense <---regressed and I thought we would be solid here.
13th total defense
8th in total passing ( def)
25th in rushing (def)
Like I said, it is still waaaay to early, and I know we are 0-2, but we could be easily be 2-0 as well if it weren't for stupid mistakes and bad adjustements. We need front 7 help, shore up the right side of the o-line and add some play makers on offense and we might have something next year.
-
OFFICIAL TAIGATE PARTY NOTICE - Chiefs vs Browns!I may stop by to say hello. Stan I'm the guy you hooked up with the Browns Pukesburg tix last year. I'm looking to change my tailgate location from the muni, it gets a bit crazy down there. How much is it to park at that lot you guys are in? Oh and this year...I'll be bringing my new ride to the lots!

Still work to do, but it's a "process" haha.
Don't worry about any provisions, just stopping by.
-
We're going to the PlayoffsFREAKofSTEELROIDS08 said:
So you gonna Sweep Pittsburgh ? LOL.... Ok.Yes, we beat you last year with an abysmal passing game, and sacked crapshitburger 8 times. This offseason we have upgraded at nearly every position and you...well haven't.
-
We're going to the PlayoffsI can see it going down like this.....
Divisional
Home
Steelers - W
Ravens - L
Bengals - W
Away
Steelers - W
Ravens - L
Bengals - L
Out of Division games
Tampa_Bay-W
Kansas_City-W
Atlanta-L
New_Orleans-W <------Probably wont happen but I'd to see us beat the Defending Champs for the 3rd year in a row....
New_England-L
New_York-L
Jacksonville-W
Carolina-W
Miami-W
Buffalo-W
10-6 but Baltimore take division. We possibly get Wild Card berth.
-
What Browns Merchandise did you receive?Reebok Throwback Jim Brown Jersey
Browns pajama pants and Tshirt
and these......
-
Mike Holmgren may clarify plans on Seattle radio showI listened to the Radio show and this is what I heard :
Mike is VERY interested in the job. He likes the opportunity and sees it as one of the best jobs that you can have in the NFL.
He said that he met with Lerner and really likes him. He likes that he wants to win for the team, the city and the players. He likes that he is honest and upfront. He REALLY likes Lerner, and enjoys that fact that it will be him and Lerner...no one in between. He called it "refreshing"
On if there is a time table : "Sooner than later".... and he owes it to the Browns to make a informed but prompt desicion.
He also said that during his trip here.....HE WENT LOOKING AT HOUSES.
He likes Mangini and thinks he is a smart, sharp, likable and GOOD coach, and wouldn't think it fair to only give him 1 year....but he didn't rule it out if it was the best decision for the organization.
I think he comes here and we know by next week.
-
Mangini confident that Browns are catching on to his systemI think we should keep Manigni. We are not fickle New York fans. We can stick with the bad an good. While there has been both bad and good descisions by Mangini, I think that he has a plan, and is putting that plan into motion. And yes, I thought this before the win over the Steelers.
-
browns now 2-17 against steelersso if these two teams are almost equal then why do the steelers own six super bowls and the browns have none? how could that be????
How many "Mega"bowls or whatever will the Steelers have when/if the name is changed? None. Does that mean they won't have any championships? Of course not. Browns have 8 Champsionships before it was called the Superbowl, last time I checked 8>6. We were stripped of our organization in the late 90's. Then, while we watched "our team" move to Baltimore and win a superbowl a few years later....we were given an expansion team. In turn, the Steelers were able to catch up to the Browns in wins. I can't wait for the day the tide turns....because it will.
-
The Rivalry Means Something AgainThey say there is no rivalry, because they are scared of the rivalry and what it can become. When the tide turns, squeelers fans will start crapping their pants. They fear that day.
-
Thanks guysBest game I've been to in a long time.
-
The Browns Board has TWO complimentary TicketsThanks Guys! The best thing is my buddy (who is a ...Squellers fan...I know, I know) is BEGGING me to take him. DENIED!! I'll take lots of pictures for him though of the Browns stomping on the head of Rothlesscrapper.
-
The Browns Board has TWO complimentary Ticketsman, if i would have read this a little earlier. i would have jumped on this so fast
Not that I Don't want to go, but to be sportsmanlike you can still email him. I don't think anyone has been chosen yet.
-
The Browns Board has TWO complimentary TicketsSo far we had ONE lurker send in a e-mail requesting these tickets. He/she hasn't even registered (yet) ... what's next a resident Steeler troll?
This lurker is all about going to watch the game and seeing the Stoolers get knock out of the playoffs! HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!
I sat in the cold VS. the Chargers the whole game...until the bitter end. But I got to see some touchdowns by the Browns as a thank you for staying! I easily could watch the Browns do the same against Pukesburg!!