But beyond Johnny there were so many more 1st rounders whiffed upon. You don't get to suck as bad, or for as long as we had without being bad at the draft. It took a herculean effort by our owner to make sure he hired a litany of bad coaches and GMs.
You think Tannehill is better than Baker? I can't argue that, as I'm not sure how good Baker really is....but I really wouldn't want to have to count on either of them having to take the team on their back to win games. I think they both need the running games that they've got.
Your owner is well known in these parts. It's amazing that he was a pretty good at the truck stop business....well, federal indictments not withstanding. His brother was a much better governor.
Tannehill isn't Mahomes, but who is? But he's proved his mettle around here and I'll take him against most opponents we face. Having Henry in the backfield does make his life easier. But you still have to connect with receivers and make good decisions. His TD/INT ratio is still excellent.
He's still not the most physically talented in the AFC south....that honor still goes to Deshawn Watson who is having a good year now that their coach was fired. But it's probably too late to sneak into the playoffs considering their start.
One thing about our defense....every now and then we make opposing QBs look like they belong in Canton, regardless of their skill level. I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those games.
