Anyone hear anything about the seriousness of Haden's injury?
Sheepdog
Posts
-
***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread*** -
***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***I understand why the change in offense but I don't agree with it. I've never liked the zone read in the NFL and the pistol offense it alright. I thought JF would have fit perfectly in with what Shanahan was doing with Hoyer. Run heavy and when you throw you throw with the PA.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***Complete 180 from our defense last week. WTF happened.
I wasn't expecting our D to play the same as the first time we played but this is embarrassing.
-
Re-Aligning the AFCI'm sure it has been mentioned but other states with two teams in the same division are the AFC West (San Diego and Oakland) and AFC East (Buffalo and NY Jets).
I'm neutral about realignment. I like who we play but also think it would be interesting if they did do some realignment.
-
***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***A couple of inactives for todays game;
DB K'Waun Williams
LB Karlos Dansby
I was hoping that Williams would be back for today, I definitely see the Bengals testing Gilbert a lot today. Heard that it was a long shot for Dansby to play but I like the way Robertson and Kirksey have been playing.
-
I'm kind of mad so to hell with it, here we go with another Watkins rant...I agree but I'm hoping that Manziel's fire and passion rubs off on Gordon and gets his ass into gear. We definitely have to go WR in the 1st round this year.
-
Hoyers should be removed as starterHopefully the coaching staff doesn't look at our previous meeting with Cincinnati and think that Hoyer was the reason that we won that game and that he should start against them again.
-
Atlanta HC Smith on calling TONot verified but looking at a Falcons thread, I guess HC Smith said on radio that he called a timeout with 50 seconds left because if he didn't do it then the Browns would have done it.
If this is true then i expect him to be fired in the morning. Probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. He should have lied and said that they were having communication issues or something...anything else.
-
Notes and Observations from today's gameI agree with everything though I was unable to see Bitonio's play of the game as I had to listen to the game on the radio. Can't wait to get home and watch the recording.
I definitely don't see us paying Hoyer $10-15 mil a year unless he carries us in the playoffs to the AFC Championship game. Thankfully if that does happen I see Manziel fitting into this offense pretty easily, no huge dropoff.
We definitely got lucky with Mike Smith calling that timeout, don't know why he did that but that definitely saved the game for us. I would interested to see what some of the Falcons forums are saying right now.
-
***Official Browns @ Falcons Game Day Thread*** -
***Official Browns @ Falcons Game Day Thread***Hoyer made a few decisions that could have ended us, but at the end of the day, he keeps his guys from giving up and gets the win.
7-4
Let's fix our clock management and stop abandoning the run game (looking at Pettine + Shanahan)
My biggest issue wasn't that Hoyer through the pick in the endzone, it was that Shanahan called a passing play. We should have kept to the running game to score and to get more time off of the clock.
At the end of the day though we won and that is all that really matters.
-
***Official Browns @ Falcons Game Day Thread***I have seen the reports that Josh is going to play 20-30 plays but I also saw an additional report stating that those 20-30 is dependent on how his conditioning is and how he feels. Could be and probably will be more.
As Haden will probably be stuck on Julio most of the game I think Buster is going to have to have a huge game going up against Roddy.
Keys to the Game;
1- Win the Buster vs Roddy matchup.
2- Create pressure with our injury riddled front 7.
3- Get the run going to setup the PA.
-
NFL looking at sites for Browns/BillsFrom what I understand about the weather the snow is suppose to stop in the next day or two if it hasn't already. Obviously clearing the snow is a whole other story but I believe that we will be playing in Buffalo. If not I will definitely take an extra game at the Dawg Pound even though it wouldn't be considered a home game.
Denver would be my next choice since I could then go to the game.
-
Joe Thomas lives to be a BrownI remember sitting in my Air Force dorm room in England in between deployments watching the draft and being upset that we drafted Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn....I was an idiot then. Nowadays I still wear my JT jersey around while my two Brady Quinn jerseys sit in the bottom of my drawer next to my Trent Richardson jersey. JT will without a doubt go down as the greatest Brown that I have ever personally watched in person.
-
Ben Tate A VikingWonder where he would have fallen if AP had been reinstated. Not a surprise to the Vikings, Asiata and McKinnon are good but Tate is better, for now at least.
-
2015 DraftWhat LB position does Perryman play? I Googled him and everything just said LB, no mention of ILB or OLB, I'm guessing he is ILB though. With the way that Dansby and Kirksey have played so far this year I don't think we would spend a 1st rounder on an ILB.
I see DL as one of the picks and RT as another.
-
Shanny on Gordon's returnI don't see a change in offense. Our offense is working so why change it.
Having Gordon back will help everyone on the offense but mostly the run game. Opposing teams FS/SS will have to play deeper and possibly double team Gordon since he can hit a home run any time he touches the ball. This will put less players in the box and make it easier for us to run the ball.
Then once the safeties start creeping to the LOS then we throw in the play action and kill them. Having Gordon back will also make it easier for Hawkins, Austin, Gabriel, Benjamin and Cameron to get one-on-one coverage.
-
Dez Bryantdez bryant for manziel. i'd do it in a heartbeat as long as he's not a diva as people have projected him to be.
also there are/were some rumblings about his off the field character. don't really know what that's about but if he's a low character guy i don't want him anywhere near gordon.
At the same time Bryant has cleaned up his image or at least he isn't getting caught anymore which might be a positive influence on Gordon. Too many variables to know what could happen.
-
Dez BryantEveryone should know by now that Dez said "don't test my loyalty", referring to resigning with the Cowboys and what the Cowboys have offered him so far. Say Dez does walk, do we try and sign him or pass?
I won't lie, the idea of Gordon and Bryant is interesting though I do realize that there is virtually no chance of this happening.
Just a thought and should spark some good conversation.
-
Other games fun again - Mia vs Buff TNFNormally I would root for Buffalo too but since we have their 1st rounder next year I will root against them no matter who is playing them...unless it comes down to them beating someone to get us into the playoffs.