Of course we spend all our draft picks on an OLD QB with great linement on the board then something like this happens.
Ray Rice will run all over us this year.
Will it ever end?!
Of course we spend all our draft picks on an OLD QB with great linement on the board then something like this happens.
Ray Rice will run all over us this year.
Will it ever end?!
So as usual all the talking heads are saying we have no team and Weeden will get raped by the Ravens etc. etc.
It's no secret that this franchise is a joke but why do they have to always talk garbage on Cleveland as a city?
We have more culture, hotter women, more jobs and less crime than Pittsburgh. Can they just get over themselves? All I hear are people talking about how much we, collectively, suck.
If this were the south in the 50s we'd be the oppressed black people. So sick of this crap. Up yours ESPN
This means nothing to us except that Weeden has less of a chance of getting killed by the Ravens. His chances of getting killed by the Steelers remains the same.
Baltimore is still light years beyond us.
Just think, if we had been nice to Modell the Ravens could have been OUR franchise.
At least he isn't holding another man's crotch.
Should be a fun two years until the next 1st round QB...

How many wins must Weeden have this year to prove that it was more than just McCoy who cost us games.
I am actually prepared to call Weeden winning a Super Bowl for us...here are the breakdowns on games won and age.
4 2012 28
4 2013 29
5 2014 30
4 2015 31
7 2016 32
7 2017 33
9 2018 34
8 2019 35
11 2020 36
10 2021 37
13 2022 38
8 2023 39
12 2024 40
SuperBowl 41
delusional.
I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.
As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.
Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!
Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.
I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?
I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.
Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.
Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.
Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.