Stick with Pet.... not many coaches have instant success in the NFL. We just have to be a little more patient with our HC than we have proven to be in the past, but................... For the love of all that is holy FIRE THE DC !!!!!!! He has only been a DC for these two years in his coaching career and he has put out the worst run defence in the league both of them. Clearly he is not cut out for that gig...... not sure who would be good DC but that is where change has to be made with our coaches.
Sir Barksalot
Posts
-
Who would you want to coach us next year? Try to be somewhat realistic -
#FailforCardaleNo way !!!! Completly overhyped by OSU fans (and I am one). Cardale was on the national champions team but Elliot ran out of his mind the games Jones was the QB. IMO he and the killer defense to close out the year are why they are the Champs. Not the QB.
SUCK FOR LUCK, ok I get that but FAIL FOR CARDALE, No thanks.
I would much rather see them sit back and draft a guy like Gunner Kiel in the second. He is a MUCH better QB than Jones IMO
-
place your bets fellows.we trade back at 12, and make picks at 19 and 20 something
-
Mock Draft SurveyLondon Werewolves
-
Cordarrelle PattersonWith Marshall traded for what a 5th round pick i think and Wallace swapping for a 4th. Patterson shouldn't cost more than what a 6 or 7. Hell I think no higher than a 5th pick for him in a trade. I would do that simply on his punt/kick return ability alone. I'm not sure there was a more exciting time for this team for the last decade than when Josh Cribbs was ON FIRE and the return team was on the field. At least bring us that excitement back. Patterson would do that at least. Hell maybe even becomes a viable receiver in the mean time. Give them a 6th rounder and call it a day.
-
A Steeler...or a Brown....To assist others by boiling this down, here are the question that Z did not get:
5. Who has the lowest Interception % for a career, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Terry Bradshaw
7. Who has the most rushing attempts in a season, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Peyton Hillis
10. Who has the most yards per game receiving in a career, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Antonio Brown
11. Who has the most sacks in a career, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Kevin Greene
14. What player made the most Pro Bowls, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Palamalu (spelling)?
15. Who had a player score the most points, a Steeler or a Brown? Who?
Phil Dawson
-
How good Is Hoyer?VesnaKociper said:
He is the best QB the Browns have had since V2 circa 1999.
Nope unfortunatly I think Derek Anderson was our best QB since 1999. Wow thats painful to say but its the truth. Dont forget that his first year he set some Cleveland Browns franchise passing records..... Easily our best over the last 15 years.
-
Ranking every Browns starting QB since the return in 99'Anderson has to be #1 on everyones list. Gosh that is painfull to say, but he is the browns single season all time passing leader. That should count for at least being #1 on this crap list. lol
-
It's Hoyer -
Dalton vs HoyerBlech. Hoyer is 2-0 against cincy.
Ask bunghole fans what their preference would be, if you really care. Not too many Dalton supporters left around there, but they can probably get behind a guy that whooped them twice.
Interesting that you should ask that being that it is now where I reside. You are right when you say not many of them are fans of his, but with that said they all and I mean all agree that Hoyer is not good at all, and would gladly take Dalton over Hoyer
-
Dalton vs HoyerI think you are all crazy to think Hoyer is a better QB than Dalton. Not that I think Dalton is great or anything but as Mr. Irving would say "Come on man" you guys cant really think that Hoyer is better than him. Hoyer is what some of us have been saying all along, a frickin back-up tryin to play starter and its not working out for him, he just not good enough. out of 32 teams here are the only QB's I would start Hoyer over.
AFC and NFC North
Bridgewater
AFC and NFC south
Mettenburger
Josh Mcown
AFC and NFC East
Gino Smith
Colt Mccoy
Sanchez
AFC and NFC West
Carr
Stanton
Thats pretty much it....... Hoyer is just barely better than this list of garbage. Yet most of you on this board continue to think he is best for this team and he is CLEARLY not but I suppose mediocracy has just become part of what most of you expect. Anyway the answer to Dalton VS Hoyer is Dalton by a landslide and I hate him but unfortunately Its the truth.
-
How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyeri don't know. do you bench eli manning? how about alex smith with his team losing to a team that hasn't won a game in a year? peyton manning for losing to the rams. THE RAMS!!!
they should all be cut!
i want manziel to go in if we do lose. and when it doesn't work you can all eat shit. and all the JF fans can pack it up and we can move on.
If it were me yes I bench Eli manning if I had one of the most prolific college QB of all time which I also drafted in the first round of the draft waiting to come in. But since the giants dont have one of those they really have no choice but to play the god awful QB that is Eli. We do have one of those and because the team keeps winning we arent using him. Notice I said the team not Hoyer. We need to get off this HE'S A WINNER crap and see what we have in Manziel. One more crap game is enough for me to see a change.
Moving on to Alex Smith......... Yes you bench him also if you have a high drafted QB sitting behind him too....... Oh wait that has already been done to him. So yes if I were KC and I had Manziel behind Alex you bet your ass I would give him a shot. Oh ya thats right but Alex Smith is A WINNER. That is the dumbest statement I've ever heard when it comes to QB in the NFL. just stupid and should have been put to bed the second Tebow was drafted.
Peyton Manning................................ Umm pretty much the best QB to ever play the game still playing at the top of his game. You would be foolish to do so.
With all this said.... I cant wait till Manziel goes in and we all see that ya maybe he is not peyton Manning but is way better thats right WAY better than Hoyer then all you Hoyer is awesome peeps can all eat shit. Starting with you cuz you might be blinded the most of all by Hoyers mediocracy. That will be a great day!!!
-
We blew it on Watkins.Na I think Kelvin Benjamin is better. Thats who we missed on not Watkins. Give me the extra 1st rounder and CB of my choice anyday.
-
Can we just enjoy the season?I think there are some guys who will end up bitching all the way
to the Browns being in the super bowl,
and after the Browns win it.
Enough already. Let's enjoy the season, shall we?
Every win is very enjoyable for us all. But seriously did you really have a wonderful time watching that game last sunday. Was that really an enjoyable time for you................ Are you on the right teams board? this is the browns board. You know the team with the Orange helmets that just Got absolutly destroyed last week. Enjoyable...........Really you've got to be kidding
-
Can we just enjoy the season?The problem is that we just lost to what could be the worst team in the NFL and are now 3-3, which is only good enough for LAST place in our division. the AFC north schedule is very favorable this year and we need to win all of those favorable match-ups. The fact that we didn't do that is the problem because the rest of or division is sure to do so and that is gonna bury our chances of the playoffs.
I'm afraid we are looking at another Derek Anderson scenario here. Except Anderson had a way better year as far as a QB than Hoyer could even dream of having. D.A. had a huge year against a crap schedule and didn't make the playoffs with a ten win season, and we all see how good he turned out to be when so many thought he was gonna be the savior. Hoyer stat line is nothing close to D.A. from that season and the schedule is equally as crappy so I fear we will become victimized by this again. Hoyer will continue to get some wins over some garbage teams and most will think he is the answered (Just like many did with Anderson) and we will get burned in the end.
Listen I'm not saying Hoyer is crap, I'm just saying that he is not the future. Don't know if Johnny is either but I just hope noone gets fooled into thinking Hoyer is.
Hoyer = Decent QB very low ceiling
Johnny= Who nows how good (or bad) he can be but ceiling is way higher than Hoyer. For all of those that hate him must have never watched him in college because this kid could flat out play. Oh and btw I'm pretty sure we just seen that is low can't be any worse than that of what we just watched from Hoyer.
We are still in trouble at QB people, Don't let just how many games we win fool you on that cuz with this schedule, I got news for ya, we are gonna need 11 wins to get in. So for those of us that had expectations of those 11 wins are NOT happy at 3-3 right now. Should have easily been 4-2 and hell should have easily been 6-2 after eight but who the hell knows after what I seen last week. I dont expect to all the sudden be able go out and woop on the broncos and go to the super bowl or anything but for the love of god I thought we were good enough to stop losing to what is considered one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the league. This needs to stop happening and we should stop making excuses for why it does.
THEY SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS
-
F Brian "Garbage" Hoyeryou like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.
BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?
i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour
Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down. The Browns are not one of them. So if your ok with that than Hoyer is for sure your guy and you can ride him as far as he or should I say Tate and Crowell can take this team. Maybe 8-8.
Never said I know more football than the NFL coaches as your post suggest, Did you even read it before you started blabbing. Just gave my opinion (which was play Johnny ) and also explained why that was my opinion! But here is an idea, UUHH......... maybe you have a rookie head coach who just took the safe route by playing the veteran game manager instead of the 1st round draft choice. That doesn't mean it was the right one. Just happens to be his call and not any of the fans.......... just because he is the coach doesn't mean he is always right. Just means its his choice not ours.
And let me go over this again. Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown. I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.
-
Vincent JacksonI would take V. Jax in a second gut not for a 3rd round choice. thats a pipe dream. Could be wrong but I think just to name a few were all traded for 7th round picks.
Mike Wallace
Stevie Johnson
Randy Moss
I would not give up any more than a 6th for him. A 3rd is a pretty hefty price.
-
F Brian "Garbage" HoyerI think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
-
Upset of the Week: Week 7Ravens lose to Falcons ............... Atlanta pressed to win this one and I think they will. Come on Ravens are not that good anyway. Easy pick
-
Teddy Twatwater...