The defense IS top 10.....................in the begining of the season. Playing too much and playing from behind will tire and injure the D going into the last half. No ability to score makes the Browns closer to 13- 14 in the AFC.
SkyComesFirst
Posts
-
Peter King: Mingo Best Rookie I Saw -
Mingo injury may point to more serious problemFirst of all, I accept the apologies from all those in charge.
Mingo's injury doesn't bother me so much as his being too small to play DE and not being a step slower than the top LBs. I hink he will be another Courtney Brown, and see him getting run over.
-
Idiots and AsswipesIt's not that we dislike people that think different. And BTW, I don't hate you- or even Ghoolie for that matter. But we do try to keep things somewhat in order on this board. This is a Big Boy forum, if you post something that goes against popular opinion, be prepared to defend it. BTW, it wouldn't be surprised if one (or both) of our Noobs are actually Ghoolie in disguise posting about how wonderful he is is- I've seen him pull that stunt before- a couple of times.

Regarding some of your uniform thoughts, sure, you can make money changing your look every year, hoping the (20% or so fashion fags) will rush right out and buy the newest and coolest gear. Saw plenty of people at the Lions game with Cribbs jerseys- even saw someone wearing a Couch one. Not everyone has the $$$ to buy a $80 replica or a $250+ gameday on a whim.
It is a Big boy forum you say? So being "big boys" you react to something you don't agree with, by posting vulgarity and changing the name of the thread? You see, I read your Terms Of Service, and this contradicts the behavior that you are claiming is acceptable here. Your TOS specifically prohibit personal attacks. As far as I can see, my only sin was to support EmporerGhoolie, and cite Bernie Kosar's comments that Little and Gordon can't get separation. I mean, I thought you guys said Kosar was knowledgeable? So which one is it?
To the poster who suggested I grow some hair on my "expletive deleted", I can't. I am a woman. I am wondering, is it a TOS violation to agree with EmporerGhoolie? Is it a violation to know him and occassionally work on musical projects with him? For the record, he suggested this board to me. How wonderful it was for me to tell my parents, friends and caregiver (all of whom are Browns fans) about this board, just to open up the board and see my thread and me labeled Idiots and Asswipes. Indeed Mr. Hoorta, you are a big boy and should be proud of your behavior. By all means, insult me and degrade me, I assure you, I am in no position, physically or otherwise to compete with you "Big Boys".
You people are so obsessed with EmporerGhoolie that you believe everyone who doesn't agree with you is either him, or a Troll? You are that shallow in character that you have to mock and ridicule any thought that doesn't express roses and butterflies for the team and players that you fantasize about? You should be ashamed of yourself. I will leave you, and this disgusting collection of inconsiderate scum-imitations of human beings. For all your football "knowledge" none of the new wonderment that your great analyses call out are coming to fruition. Your buddy, and I believe Master, EmperorGhoolie predicted that the 2013 offense would be absolutely the same as the 2012 version. So far, it looks like he is more accurate than any of you. I think THAT is the source of your tantrums and childish behavior. Finally, as I look at this board, and behavior of adolescents such as yourself, I understand why this board only has homers, you "big boys" aren't big boy enough to play fairly. It's your ball, and you are going to determine the rules, as the game progresses.
How sad Browns fans have become. Don't bother responding to me, I won't again open this deposit of dried feces.
-
Idiots and AsswipesI have read a lot of different analyses about this year's Browns. Some of the posts have been really detailed, too. However, EmperorGhoolie posted several times (voluminously?) that the Turner-Chud offense would look no different than Shurmurs offense.
The reasons he gave were
- Without skill players that can threaten, defenses would stay home, i.e close to the line of scrimmage, not bite on anything, and force the short dump offs.
- Weeden holds on to the ball, too long
- By keeping 8-9 men close to the LOS Richardson would be smothered, and injured quickly.
- No offensive line can block a swarm of defenders who know what's coming at them.
For all the analyses I have seen, this dude's is the only one that not only makes sense, but plays out. As I mentioned in another post, even Bernie Kosar's analysis of the game bears this out 100%. At the end of the game Bernie said the Colts just smothered the Browns O and because Gordon, Little and company can't get any seperation, Weeden is having the same options that he did last year............. short dink and dumps.
The poster also maintains that all NFL teams have pretty much the same playbooks, and this would indeed make sense. Maybe a trick play here or there, but a screen is a screen, a draw is a draw, and a post is a post. As I watched this game I saw too many Colts defenders just hanging around the center of the snap point. No matter where Gordon and Little were, 99% of the time they were easily blanketed.No amount of clevel play calling is going to change that.
Our WRs are among the absolute worst in the NFL, and Weeden is average, at best. I agree with the poster in question, "he takes too (expletive deleted) long to release the ball" and in my opinion he might as well be throwing to drunks off Superior avenue.
New coach, new OC, New OL, New D ? Yep........ same lousy QB, WR and TEs however is going to yield the same results. Insanity......... keep doing the same thing and expect different results.I give props to the analysis in question. More than anything else I have read about the Browns, this is seemingly very accurate.
This is going to be a long, painful year.
-
Garbage First Half on Both Sides of the BallThe Browns need to find some players who can actually play. This isn't rocket science. ZThe opposing defense is just salivating on Richardson and playing zone within 10 yards of the LOS. This team has no talent, save at punter and return team. This is going to be perhaps the ugliest season since 1999.
If teams watch the films of tonights game, they will literally destroy Weeden.
-
Cowher is a fagWell, let's see, Cowher DID fuck just about every Browns player, coach and fan, over and over, twice per year for his entire career.
Cowher to Browns fans is kind of like Gerry Sandusky to little kids, except Cowher was paid to give it to the Browns, and boy, did he ever,
What is "gay" is this thread.
-
Richardson & YPCHere is what I think. When the discussion around any player is based around how do we not use him and keep him healthy? Ah, he's fragile.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting he run the ball 40 times per game, and surely every time a play is run, there is risk of injury. I don't see TR being a a player for very long. AP, he is not.
-
Jeff Fisher is a mustachioed pussyBernie Kosar an astute analyst? Really? And just who on network television or in the NFL coaching camps agrees with you? The only job this guy can find is among the safety of homers, which is okay. However, when it is your own employers, coworkers and colleagues reprimanding you, then something is seriously wrong. Love the guy all you want, but the criticisms and reprimands are coming from his own, not from his rivals.
Plenty of people have taken blows to the head, Bradshaw, Marino, Phil Simms, Thiesman and quite a few others who do just fine in the commentators booth. Not only do these guys not slur, but they don't say stupid things to get themselves in trouble. I have heard Kosar in recent times at other functions and he speaks just fine. He signed an autograph for my daughter at training camp this year and likewise sounded perfectly fine.
Slurred speech from brain trauma doesn't fade in and out. While I don't doubt Bernie took his share of licks, my intuition tells me that he is an alcoholic who needs help. Bernie Kosar is in a horrible place in life and it has to eat him up inside to see other players with successful post-NFL playing careers, and he is stuck getting his hands slapped by family members at his own hometown booth.
Cossell like to drink, but he never ridiculed struggling players. This is not 1970 and the days of being frank and politically correct are long gone. You might approve of and beg for more of Kosar's "brave", telling-it-like-it-is ranting, but if he is looking for success and acceptance, he needs to grow up and realize that times have changed, and there is no market, no advertisers, and no media entities looking to hire slurring, insulting, hard-headed on-air personalities. Do you really think anyone is lining up to give this guy a job? Do you really think that after the preseason is over the Browns are going to bring Bernie back in any capacity? They won't fire him because it will make a lot of fans mad. However, you would have to be a moron to not know that the Browns will avoid his future antics by just not hiring him for new opportunities. If the Browns have no job for him, just who do you think will hire him?
-
Dickheads On ParadeFirst off, if you are going to comment on this thread you have to post a photo of a Dickhead....or your photo may pop up on here.
I mean, being gay for Ghoolie is no excuse.
Furthermore, as far as taking Winslow instead of BR....have you never watched, seen, or heard an NFL draft? Mistakes are made all the time. Tom Brady was drafted number one hundred fucking ninety nine.
K2 was rated the better prospect, apparently, at the time. No one is prescient and omniscient. (Further, BR may not have all that and a bag of chips if the Browns took him. He would never had the ready to bake championship team around him here that he had in Pisstown). It wasn't just BR that the Browns didn't take. All of the following who were drafted after K2 in the first round of 2004 have had better careers than K2: Vince Wilfork, Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Chris Gamble, Steven Jackson, DeAngelo Hall, Lee Evans, Tommie Harris, DJ Williams...even Ben Watson.
But, who knows, had K2 not messed himself up on a motorcycle, he could be pushing Tony Gonzales....or K1...as one of the best TEs ever.

Gay for Ghoolie? If I was gay I would have posed a photo of Selena Gomez and commented how attractive she is. I am a woman. The guy, Ghoolie as you call him, whoever he is, may indeed be a dickhead, that I have no idea, however, he is a nice looking dickhead.
Regarding your comments on the draft. Choosing a Tight End not just at 7, but at 6+ giving a second round pick? Are you kidding me? As if a TE was more of a need than a QB? Forget not being able to tell then that BR was going to be a great QB, but the Browns had NO QB, and we take Winslow? Even if you weren't convinced BR was going to be all that, you take the QB, and not a TE.Tell me who it was that made that choice, and I will put their photo up here.
-
Dickheads On Parade -
Dickheads On ParadeZombo said:

Nice looking man. Who is this?
-
Rg Meets W/ League Officials To Discuss Ways Of Protecting Qb Running Read Option OffenseIf Harrison wore Orange and Brown and laid out Big Ben like he did Colt, you guys would have sent your ugly wifes to suck him off in honor of the hit.
Save me the hypocrisy.
-
Preseason Opener Thursday Night!The Browns, and for that matter the media and fans all have created a loser's culture. At one time in history, the Browns were a Bad Ass team and like Cowher's blitzburgh, played like men, not like todays effeminate millenial aged men.
Rest the starters so they don't get hurt, eh? Yes, don't risk anything in life, and THEN, expect to win?
If ever there WAS a time to play starters it is in preseason. Let them get conditioned, let them beat up on weaker players. Let them go into the season with momentum and confidence. Instead? Just play the guys sparingly and let them hit opening day, when it really gets vigorous, having very little playing time at a high intensity.Oh, yeah, this is great football strategy.
I am happy to have Browns football back, but it seems to me Brownstown should be renamed to "I am skeert shitless town". A smart coach would have the veterans blasting on all four cylinders and motivating everyone to hit like a maa faaka. The funniest thing in all of the faggot-shyness is to realize that most injuries don't come on big viscious hits, but instead in the most routine of tasks. Not playing guys will only lead to more injuries.
This is why the Browns remain one of the more injured teams. They play to not risk anything. This kind of strategy is sickening.
-
Training Camp News, August 1 (It's August!)Little looks intense? There must be two guys named Little, the one I saw can't catch the ball in traffic. Gordon either. What happens when they start getting hit?
Weeden has nice arm strength and seems to be accurate.
This training camp stuff is okay, but I am interested to see what happens when the hitting starts.