Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.
Smotage
Posts
-
Whelp... Shurms Is Gone -
How Do You Feel About The Fa So Far?Yep, they have a plan and we are about as blindly run as a professional sports franchise can be run.
-
Holmgren's PromiseWith the number 4- don't mess around- just take Richardson if he's still there. If the Vikings get cute and take him then we're screwed but Kalil would be a nice consolation prize. We need a back in here that strikes fear into a defense but oogy boogy just makes em laugh. I want a player we can count on to be there and show up each game and that IS Trent Richardson. He has kids so I don't see him as a partying type that will be a distraction. I see him as a motivator and a leader on O once he arrives.
At 22 we need a Solid RT hmmm... that fitting TR then RT lol. Best RT if one's available or stud WR if one of those are available. We need a RT or a WR at 22. One or the other is what I'm feeling is going to be the pick. Hill/Castro/Adams/Wright
Then in the second round we need another good pick here. It's a low second so we take the BPA. I like a LB or DE possible a CB in this spot(Love Minnifield maybe here maybe in the next slot).
Third round must be Minnifield if we don't take him in the second.
Fourth Heck can use his tools and scouts to find a few more gems... here's to hoping!
We're not taking Kalil either... thats a trade down 100% in that situation
-
Todd Mcshay Has Us...The Browns also really need depth.. badly... the best way to get depth is through the draft. Trading the house kills our chance to get depth, and look how big name free agents have fared in the lovely city of Cleveland. If he's there at 4 and H&H want him, take him. If he's gone, build depth, and if we can't win with depth then we bring in a QB next year and make Colt the backup... which also makes depth.
-
Just A ReminderHe still has not had an official off season.
Year 1... When he was drafted he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Jake and Seneca. Mangenius did not give him any reps at all in OTAs, Mini-camps, or training camps.
Year 2... Mangenius fired, no Offseason due to lock-out, Brand Spanking new "offense"
I have been reading a lot on these boards, and a lot of people are down on Colt. I'm not 100% sold on him yet either, but you HAVE to give him 1 more year. You can say that he doesn't have any amazing skill players beside Joey T and a healthy Hillis... but one thing that is provable is that Colt has not had an offseason. Give him a spring and summer, and we'll see if he progresses or regresses next season.
TL:DR- RG III is not the answer
-
Fire Shurmer?How was this guy an OC in the NFL? Twice... Twice.... Twice he called a draw play within the 8 yard line? Not going for it fourth and inches on the road, against Pukesburg, on the first drive of the game, when you're a 20 point underdog???? Running to Marecic on third down with Hillis when that is 100% clear what you are going to do? Inept playcalling has no excuse, and I for one am tired of it. I can understand players losing on the field, but the coach is losing us games.
-
What I Am Disappointed WithHey guys, long time lurker here. I really enjoy reading all the posts, as well as the friendly banter back and forth. Its good entertainment.
Anywho, let me tell you what really disappoints me about this current browns season. I said at the beginning of the season that the browns would be 8-8 with the easy schedule that we have barring injury. I like the way the way that H and H have started to build the team (except maybe our WR problems), but they simply have not had the time to build depth. I knew that we were a few injuries away from being the same old Brownies, and low and behold.. we get really dinged up and turn back into the offensive powerhouse again (obv. sarcasm).
I really thought that this was going to be the season that we could grade McCoy. That is what disappoints me so far because how can we grade him? We are already on the 4th RB this season, a practice squad guy none the less. I like Chris a lot, I think he has good hands coming out of the backfield, but there are not many other teams that I can think of that can be destroyed at the RB like we have and not be hampered. Hillis, Hardesty, Jackson all going down with injury makes our running attack non existent.
The Steinbach injury hurt us as well because I think that Eric really helped Mack. We know that Thomas doesn't need a whole lot of help because he is Joey T after all, but Steinbach helped Mack in a lot of little ways last season, and we are not seeing the same Mack that we saw last year because of it. We simply don't have the depth at OL to sustain an injury of that magnitude. I think that the OL of Thomas, Stein, Mack, Pinkston, Pashos would have been a good OL to see what Colt could do, but as we all know that is just not the case right now.
Mo.Mass' constant injuries as well as Robiskie's lack of ability hurt as well. This was supposed to be there breakout year, and we already had to cut Robo because he just couldn't get open. 3 second round picks 3 years ago, 2 are not on the football team anymore and one just did not live up to the pick. I see a lot of potential in Little, but he didnt' play for a year coming into this season, so I think he'll be a lot better next year.
I said all that to say this, I think that next year will have to be Colt's grading year (injuries and depth can't be a factor next year). Unfortunately, if he doesn't work out, that puts us one more year behind where we all want to be. I want to see the Browns succeed as much as everyone else, but that success won't come until we can get the QB situation figured out.