AdaM said:
Pittbulls arent the problem, its these dumbass people who have no idea how to train a dog that is the problem.
Thank you. I was so pleasantly surprised to read this here and wish more people carried that view point. I got my first pit bull when I was 7 years old. I'll be 27 in September. Rocky my first lived to be 17 and was the best dog I've ever owned. My parents currently have two a 11 year old female Adrian and a 2 year old male Conan (Conan O'Brien, he's a red nose) One of the most well mannered and rewarding dogs anyone could ever own and it's so amazingly unfortunate they carry such a B.s Stereotype because of the thug culture that often attaches itself to the breed. Based on what I've read about the Harrison situation, he himself wasn't home and his ex-wife or ex-gf was over with his son and let the dog out of the kennel.
Now you take a idiot broad, she is an idiot. It's been documented a few times in the Pittsburgh media and a dog she isn't around often and add a two year old to the mix. A two year old around ANY DOG without on the point adult supervision is a recipe for disaster no matter the breed. The kid could have poked the dog in the eye, hit the dog with something messing around whatever and it certainly doesn't take much for a dog to break the skin of a two year old kid. It's unfortunate but you really can't blame the dog. I know my skin has been broken 100% by accident by a few of my dogs when playing in a spirited fashion etc. I went home this past week to scout the job market (I'm planning to move back to Pittsburgh even though I LOVE Columbus) and I had my 11mo old Doberman, my rescued Chocolate lab who showed up 25 pounds underweight this past thanks giving to my front door, my families two pit bulls and a 1.5 year old Boston Terrier WITHOUT issue. It's 100% the deed and not the breed. Great, GREAT dogs.
EDIT: A few people went on the record defending Harrison's dog saying he's a big softy as well. It doesn't take much for a little 2 year old to get hurt by a dog. If the dog really wanted to inflict some serious damage Harrison's kid would be pretty banged up. Little kids grab, pull, poke kick and generally SCARE THE SH.it out of dogs until they are fully used to the kid at least.