Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
S

Spinpoint

@Spinpoint
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
7
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Dumervil To Ratbirds
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    In 2014 the Ravens already have $71 million in salary earmarked for just 6 players- Suggs, Ngata, Flacco, Yanda, Webb and Rice. And since the team is slotting just $2.5 mil of Dumervil’s contract for cap purposes in 2013, that means this new contract will have major cap escalations in out years that will make it very difficult to field a very good team in 2014 and 2015.

    Ozzie should know better than to defer cap hits to future years. He’s falling into the Mike Wallace/Miami Dolphin trap. In two years, 20% of Baltimore’s cap will go to paying this one and Flacco. I thought Ozzie was smarter than that, but I guess when you lose NINE starters off your team, ya gotta do something to save a little face. This face saving will end up costing him big time.


  • Trent Richardson Law Suit
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    Back then? Take out 10% (I believe the standard agent cut is 5%) I could live on $270 K quite comfortably. FYI, here's an interesting table- the league minimum is now over $400,000, and slides up to over $900,000 if you can last 10 seasons. Problem is a lot of those guys think the gravy train is never going to end, and once their playing days are over, they've squandered a fortune.

    NFL salaries

    It's all relative.The more money you make,the more you spend.How many football players pay off there parents house? Quite a few surprisingly.Add all the people that come out of the woodwork,and your new sports car,because that will be your next purchase,and a house,eventually.Oh,and lets not forget the diamond studs for your ears and gold teeth.These guys are young,and have money.Women will be all over that for sure! I couldn't even guess the price on that one! You just went from comfortable,to I hope I don't get injured.


  • Trent Richardson Law Suit
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    I saw a documentry on ESPN about football players.Not all players are as rich as people think,except for the fortunate people that have big contracts.A good majority are broke after there playing days.It seems these stars live above there means,and bad investments seem to go hand and hand.The recurring theme seemed to be relatives asking for handouts.I wish I knew the name of the show because it was so interesting to watch.Another recurring theme was medical bills,as a result of getting pounded for years.

    Remember when DA was with Cleveland.He has paid league minimum,which I believe is 300,000 thousand.Take out agent fees,and taxes,and I wouldn't call that rich.

    Nothing wrong with helping your family,I would,but I sure as hell wouldn't let them live in my house.Time to give them the boot Trent.


  • Trent Richardson Law Suit
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    Clubs + Athletes = Trouble


  • Browns Sign Owens
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    Small tidbit on Owens....

    Chris Owens is a decent nickle corner, and a strong special teams guy. He never materialized into anything greater for us, and he had his chances. I will say this – this dude is blazing fast. He ran down a few guys over the years…

    I wonder if this means the Browns no longer have a shot at Grimes.Does this mean they lost interest?


  • Receivers
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    What are your thoughts on receivers? I should have added QB 🙂

    A vet would be nice,but what are the options?

    Assuming Weeden starts....

    I hope thet put Weeden in the shotgun 75-80% of the time, rather than 40% of the time.He will connect far more often with Gordon, Little, and Benjamin.Weeden was in the shotgun nearly 100% of the time in college.30-40% in his first NFL season... reverse this, and say goodbye to all the batted down passes.

    One thing that worries me about Weeden,his unwillingness to release the ball, until it was already clear that the intended receiver is open. Maybe he couldn't trust his receivers to be where the ball was supposed to go,but your playing in NFL now.NO EXCUSE!! Very painful to watch last year!

    Weeden says he spends alot of time watching film,to correct mistakes.Maybe he's watching the wrong film.Start watching film on Peyton Manning.He is the definition of timing.


  • Jim Brown
    S Spinpoint
    The Browns Board

    @baconhound said:

    Jim Brown is a douche.

    Awesome football player but still a douche

    +1000

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate