If it makes anybody feel better, Robert Mays at Grantland named Josh McDaniels as the best Coordinator of the year.
"We saw 17 weeks of NFL football, and I still have no idea how the Patriots won 12 games. Apparently, it’s because New England somehow has the fourth-best offense in football. I need an explanation of how that’s possible. Having Tom Brady helps, but I still don't understand how McDaniels took this group and made it a viable NFL offense. Through 15 weeks, no quarterback had targeted rookies or players shorter than 6-feet more than Tom Brady, according to ESPN Stats & Information. If the Bears’ receiving corps looks like an NBA team, the Patriots look like a middle school team.
The Pats have survived the same way they always do — with the ability to make first downs out of nothing. New England is always using motion and other tricks to turn those short throws to Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman into extensions of their running game, and even now, it’s still working. Oh, and we haven’t mentioned that McDaniels also lost maybe the best right tackle in football in November."
link: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/87444/the-nfl-awards-they-should-give