I get a kick out of it when people call Cowboy fans "frontrunners" right in the midst of a miserable season such as this one. It is a tacit admission that deep inside, they know that the 'boys will never be down for long, that their rightful place is in front.
stranger
Posts
-
helmet logos -
helmet logosFine.
But know this:
The Blue Lone Star is an iconic internationally recognized symbol of a winning culture that will never be down for long.
and know this:
The 'boys will win another 5 Superbowls before the generic team appears in their first.
R.I.P "Dandy" Don Meredith 1938-2010
-
helmet logosAdmittedly, the only connection between logos and performance is the voodoo hex that I put on you guys because of this very issue. But its been effective since 1964. Besides, do you REALLY want your rallying cry to be "well, the Lions are worse"?
Don't worry, though. The curse only applies to football. I'm pulling for the Cavs since the LeBron fiasco.
And you can't accuse me of thinking that history begins with the SB era, when I specifically referred to earlier history in the original post.
-
helmet logosnot a Browns fan, but it has just always irked me that you guys don't have anything on your helmets. I see it as a flaw in the league as a whole--something's missing. I could definitely understand it if you had had great success with that look, that would change everything-- but you are one of a handful of teams never to have been in the SB, despite having been in the league since before the SB era.
the logos I am suggesting are
1) the interlocking 'C' & 'B' that you guys had at midfield several yrs back (not the CB from 1966 or so)
2) the player's number. You had this in the late 50's. I think Jim Brown played with this look. Doesn't that give it enough traditional pedigree?
In either case, the logo could be small if that would make you happier. In the case of the interlocking 'C' and 'B', it could even be on the back instead of the side (kind of like the 'V' on the Fresno State helmets).
Also in either case, the logo could be on one side only (unless you go with the back-logo idea)
Poll results from the old forum
which of the following do you prefer?
- interlocking 'C' & 'B' : 3 votes
- player's number: 4 votes
- status quo: 25 votes
I would rather...
- keep the helmet status quo and never go to the SB: 13 votes
- get a logo and win the SB: 17 votes