Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
S

strglzer

@strglzer
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
15
Topics
0
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Darnold at #1?
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @bigalow80 said:

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    I like the idea of a trade with the bills, I take both 1st's, there top 2nd. and a 1st next year, thats what I want, look at what the jets gave up to move 3 spots, then I trade one of my lower 2nd's for a next year 1st. go into next year with 3 first, plus im loaded this year. as for the QB's it seams like 3 are in play, with the 4th. being an out side chance. I really like Allen, but most of the so called experts say it's Darnold, I can be happy with that.... For the love of god...Please I.m begging.....pick the right one......


  • 2016 Players improvements Year 2
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @alkid3 said:

    15 yards is a big improvement. I hope Kessler becomes our true starter. I'm tired of everyone bringing up that stupid jersey with 20+ names. There's teams that had less qbs but they were equally shitty. Atleast we're trying to find one.

    God I hope we find that starter, having found that. Next years draft would be something........2 1st. and 3 2nds and not having to spend on a QB would be huge..............


  • Have they learned their lesson?
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @londonbrown said:

    If the Browns take a QB early then it'll be a new thing, people act like they've taken QBs early all the time. Quinn, Weeden and Manziel were late first round picks.

    If I have to chose QB or DE at one, I have to take the QB. Don't understand how taking one of three QB's at one is a reach, when 2 and maybe 3 QB's may go top 10.


  • Kyle Sloter is our QB target
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @calfoxwc said:

    I posted about this kid - I would draft him in the sixth round in a NY second. And as much as Kelly has an outstanding

    arm in tests... I wouldn't have him on my football team - I think he's a problem/is problems waiting to happen.

    He may very well be one of the top 5 qb's in this draft.

    https://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/nfl-draft-2017-scouting-report-qb-kyle-sloter-no-colorado/

    After reading about this kid about a month ago, I started watching all the tape I could find on him, if we pass on Tribs, this kid would be my 2nd. chose, of all the QB's this year, has the size, the release, and down field vision, and seeing all the top 5 QB's needing a year to develop, don't see why not to take a flyer on him in the 4th., but he may not make it that far down, yes he is raw but all the other QB's are as well, I might take him in the 3rd. just to insure I'd get him......


  • Flugel's Mock Draft on Tennessee Stupid Juice
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @calfoxwc said:

    Here is a thought:

    Read up on Chris Godwin, wr. There are teams who are looking at him in a later? round.

    http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/3/8/14854112/2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report-chris-godwin-wr

    and...

    Tyus Bowser, DE/OLB (WITH A NAME LIKE "BOWSER", WHO BETTER TO ROUSE THE DAWG POUND?)

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/137093/tyus-bowser

    from MSN.COM:

    USA TODAY Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

    Tyus Bowser, Houston

    The modern outside linebacker in the NFL needs to be able to do it all: rush the passer, set the edge against the run, and drop into coverage. Bowser checks every box, with the well-rounded skill set to excel in any scheme and do anything asked of him at the next level. He's barely scratching the surface of his potential, and his upside could entice a team to grab him late in the first round."

    AND...

    the secret quarterback that flies way under the radar:

    Kyle Sloter, Northern Colorado

    There are several teams eyeing these three sleepers bigtime.

    We should draft each one right before any other AFC North teams do.

    Late rounds matter.

    After watching Kyle's highlight film, have to say he looks as good as any of the QB's in this draft, 6'4 218# has the size, quick release and takes the hit after the throw. If I can't get Tribs in the 1st. I'd be ok taking a flyer on this kid.....


  • Camp Trade Down
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.

    ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.

    And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?

    If the tits would trade 5 plus 18, for the number one. I'd take it in a New York MIn.... 5-12-18-32-52 I'd be a Happy Camper.....


  • Browns to make pitch for Jimmy G // Trubisky #1 QB on their board
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @strglzer said:

    If we take Trubisky we give up the 1st pick in the draft for our QB, and we are out of the race for the top Def. players in the draft. We still have 12,33,65 to pick up Def. players to help this team.

    Jimmy G. could be the right direction to go but people think a 1 and 4 is to much to spend on him. But remember this, there are what about 6 teams looking for there QB, Jimmy G. is not going to go cheep. I would try to set the deal in stone now before the draft, and teams start bidding on his services.

    I would go hard after Jimmy, I would offer NE our 2nd. (65) this year, and our 2nd. next year. We still have 3 top picks for Def. and we walk out with our QB, the top Def. pick, and 12 and 33 to boot.

    If Jimmy is a top 20 QB he is worth the 2 seconds, if Trubisky is a top 20 QB he is worth the 1st pick, If both bomb out I would rather loose 2 seconds than the first pick. Both are going to have risks but I do think that Jimmy is the lower risk.....

    I have to add to my comments above, Everyone knows we have to hit on this draft to turn this team around, that means we first have to address the QB, no matter who we draft, without a stable QB it wont make a difference, So we have to address that one first, Question... is that QB on this team now? Most would say NO.... and at best a poor maybe..... We have a few options here, 1.) Take the best QB in the draft, costing us the #1 pick. 2.) Trading for a QB that might be better than we get in the draft. 3.) FA

    1.) Draft - option

    2.) Trade -option

    3.) FA -- poor option - At best buys us a year. ( I dont think many on here wouldnt agree. )

    So now we have only 2 Real options left, Draft or trade, This front office has to do one of the 2, Draft the best QB, or Trading for the best QB, I dont care which way the Browns go, as long as we get the best QB we can get.

    I would go hard after Jimmy, I would offer NE our 2nd. (65) this year, and our 2nd. next year. We still have 3 top picks for Def. and we walk out with our QB, the top Def. pick, and 12 and 33 to boot.

    If possible, We could now trade down to 3 or 4, picking up one of the two 2nd rd. picks We give NE. So the whole deal cost us one 2nd. and we still get Allen or Gerritt.


  • Browns to make pitch for Jimmy G // Trubisky #1 QB on their board
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    If we take Trubisky we give up the 1st pick in the draft for our QB, and we are out of the race for the top Def. players in the draft. We still have 12,33,65 to pick up Def. players to help this team.

    Jimmy G. could be the right direction to go but people think a 1 and 4 is to much to spend on him. But remember this, there are what about 6 teams looking for there QB, Jimmy G. is not going to go cheep. I would try to set the deal in stone now before the draft, and teams start bidding on his services.

    I would go hard after Jimmy, I would offer NE our 2nd. (65) this year, and our 2nd. next year. We still have 3 top picks for Def. and we walk out with our QB, the top Def. pick, and 12 and 33 to boot.

    If Jimmy is a top 20 QB he is worth the 2 seconds, if Trubisky is a top 20 QB he is worth the 1st pick, If both bomb out I would rather loose 2 seconds than the first pick. Both are going to have risks but I do think that Jimmy is the lower risk.....


  • SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary, The Anthem, NFL Stance and My Money
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    First I was in the Army in the 70's, second I was in a plane on 9-11, Thank god not one that was doomed... I'm white and I work mostly in the black area's of Cleveland, I tell most blacks that i'm not racist to a color of skin, but i am racist to a class of people. To me BLM falls into that class of people, When BLM start to address black on black crime, then just maybe some of this can go away, As for CK if I owned SF, he would have be let go before the game ever started, I'd be like Trump....Your Fired..... If that would have happened, other players would have though twice before doing the same.... America Love it or leave it....... My biggest concern is all the hard working blacks that go to work and have the same dreams and goals of most Americans, are being dragged down by BLM and people like CK.


  • Rule change idea to reward aggressive offense.
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @mudfly said:

    One rule change I would consider.......is trading 2 regular season games for 2 preseason games, giving us a longer reg season and earlier start on meaningful football.....and add 5 men to the roster....

    I've always wanted to cut the preseason down, problem is the players and the union don't, I say add the two extra games and make every player set out two games a season, be it due to injury or not, then back up players become more important, come the last few games picking which players set against which teams would be interesting....


  • Camp Cook
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't see Cook being available to us in the second round. I know that just about all of the mock drafts say he will, but something tells me the Broncos will snap him up with the last pick of the first. To me, he makes the most sense for them. Believe it or not, I think Wentz might actually slide. I could see the Rams taking Cook over Wentz because they need a guy right NOW. In many drafts, a QB can slide pretty far down if he makes it by the initial "QB hungry teams". The real question to me is, if Wentz begins to slide, to we make a move to get back into the first round? I would severely doubt it, but we'll see.

    We've all heard the comments about Cook, and how it appears he wasn't a leader and all that, but how much do we really know about the guy? Is this all conjecture and bullshit? I would say where there's smoke there is fire, but has Cook been in trouble off the field? Does he have any of those red flags? I honestly don't know much about the guy, but what I've seen regarding his ability to play football, he seems like a player.

    OK, I'm going to chime in on this one, I've worked with Connor Cook's mom for over 25 years, she's been involved in Connor's football career his whole life, and I have followed him at the Green and White..... This kid is squeaky clean, With what I know, I would have no problem with him being the face of any franchise. If you watched him play as I have over his 3 years as a starter, there's no way he's not a leader of men. Alot of what you hear is all about money and to set the order of the draft, This kid is a winner both on an off the field... Goff and Wentz are grabbing all the head lines but Connor is as good as both of them, The team that draft's Connor is going to get the sleeper QB in this draft....


  • RG3 set to be a Brown ?
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    ok we have Josh to start, and alot of people want RG3 or Kaep so we dont have to draft a QB, thats insane, we have been looking for a QB for 20 plus years, so Golf and Wentz go on and become starters for years to come and we are still looking.... If that would happen everybody will be calling for heads to fall again, and the Browns are the laughing stock again.... Its better to take the chance and lose than to not take the chance at all.... Nobody thought Brady was worth a pick till what the 6th. round....


  • Park your tents
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board Who you picking

    OK, I picked Goff, Everybody keeps saying franchise QB, Hell can ether Goff or Wentz become a top 15 QB in the NFL, if so then a pick at two is worth doing. I'd love a so called franchise QB, but top 15 is still worth a number two.


  • Football Gameplan's 2014 Inside the War Room - Cleveland Browns
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    1. If Clowney is there at 4, I see a trade being made.....

    2. No way will Carr be there late in the 2nd. I see 2 to 3 QB's going top 10, and 2 to 3 more going late 1st an early 2nd.

    3. Hope Botels is there at 4 but not likely, And not sure Carr will be there at 26.

    If we could come out of the first round with Sammy and Carr that alone would make the draft.......

    Give me a guard in the 2nd and I'm dancen in the streets......


  • Jonathan Paul Manziel
    S strglzer
    The Browns Board

    Hey guys been reading the post for weeks, first post on this site, I like JF but just don't see him as a good fit here. In a dome or warm weather I think is were he will shine, But here in this weather no thanks, and not to mention we play on grass which will also slow him down, the rest of our division has shown you the need that big strong guy to handle the wind an weather.

    Now on too the draft and the way I see it. First we need to value the positions.

    With a number 4 pick you have to look at QB's first, (and god knows we need one) but if none are worth that pick, we have to move to the next position of value,

    LT got that covered,

    Wide receiver would be next in value and Sammy would be the choice here.

    Now comes the first D player in my opinion a D back or a D end. and there may be one at 4 but don't think he'll be there.

    So how would I set this draft up?

    1.) Try like hell to trade down to 6 to 10 still alot of talent there, and take Carr. ( none of the top 4 QB's and maybe top 5 QB's will be there at 26...)

    2.) If I'm stuck at 4, I'm looking at Bortals first. and not sure how it is spelled? And he may not be there!!!

    3.) Sammy would be my next choice here. If he is also gone...

    4.) Conney the DE would be my next pick.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate