Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
T

tennreb

@tennreb
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
16
Topics
7
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Nice Article About Josh Cribbs And The Trip To Omaha
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    My favorite line---"At times I had to remind myself he wasn't just one of my buddies and that he's actually the NFL's all time leader in kick off returns."

    My trip to Omaha - thanks to Josh Cribbs of the Cleveland Browns


  • Why Isn't Spiking The Ball Considered Intentional Grounding?
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think it's because the immediateness of it negates the claim that the qb is doing it to avoid a sack.

    So, it is allowed because the intent is to simply and immediately stop the clock.

    Exactly!

    The official rule is:

    "Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

    ---


  • What Its Like To Be A Browns Fan During The Playoffs
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Not to bad Luke, I went ahead and stuck it on my blog for ya--maybe get ya a few hits.


  • Vontaze Burfict--Perfect Choice For The Browns?
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    I personally would like to see some nasty on the field for the Browns.

    Of course, this was a highlight film....do it doesn't show if Burfict is often out of position....getting run over, around or through. Some on here hate the idea of the Browns taking him...but the Browns need a monster LB, be it him or someone else.

    Agree, he is a handfull when it comes to his issues on the field and from what I have read his emotions do have an effect on how he performs. From what I have read he is a monster, however given his issues he may fall in the draft. That being said--I guess any of the "powers that be" must determine if the investment is worth the time correcting (if possible)those issues and at what pick it would be worth it. And I second the motion on the Browns needing that monster LB!!!


  • Vontaze Burfict--Perfect Choice For The Browns?
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Ton's of talk about the Browns needing offensive weapons, however given the ease that running-backs had gaining yards against us, not to mention missed tackles, Burfict even with his "issues" would be worth a look.

    Cleveland Browns: Draft Vontaze Burfict?


  • Browns Fans Need To Relax--It Takes Time!
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    I agree-- the "I want it NOW!" attitude does not work. Cleveland needs to stay with the plan and build a contender--this takes time!

    Browns Fans need to Relax--It Takes Time!


  • Seneca Wallace Starts, Browns Beat Arizona--What Happens To Colt Mccoy-Poll
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    I think Colt is gone after this season regardless of how Seneca performs or how Colt finishes the season

    Seneca Wallace Starts, Browns Beat Arizona--What Happens To Colt McCoy-POLL


  • Colt's Concussion--Shurmur Speaks After Monday Practice
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Shurmur standing by "we followed procedure" in Mondays after practice Video interview--even tho' many have stated the following:

    One union source called the Browns failing to perform a sideline concussion exam on Colt McCoy a "blatant system failure". An initial league review determined the standard SCAT2 concussion test was not administerd until Friday morning, which produced abnormal results. The Browns medical staff said McCoy initially only complained about an injury to his left hand. Sources say the incident likely will be the catalyst to assigning an independent neurologist to each game in the future.

    Either it did or did not happen--very simple. Shurmur is simply covering one more of the numerous failures by this sub-par regime established by "The Big Show"--Big Blow or Big Payday--which ever you choose!

    Tried to embed video, didn't work---so--Here's the Video


  • Should Colt Have Gone Back In!
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Should Colt have gone back in after such a Hit from Harrison? I think Shurmur (Once again) dropped the ball and showed that he doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach!!

    Colt McCoy ,Vicious Hit, Injured Hand--Shurmur Sends Him Back In!


  • Browns: Poor, Pitifull And Pathetic
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Baltimore Ravens slapped and manhandled the Cleveland Browns somewhat like one would expect his PitBull to act while tossing his "chewy" around the backyard. Interesting----ARTICLE


  • Mccoy And Audibles
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    Zombo said:

    send Smurmur and Homogren out to the middle of Lake Erie.

    I Agree, however--can we wait till after Sunday--I really want to see McCoy, 3rd down and goal on the 26 yard-line hand-off to Fullback Phil Dawson!!!


  • Mccoy And Audibles
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @brownindian said:

    We get to see the browns win this week.

    Provided they can stop the two major things going for the Jags--Jones-Drew and Shurmur


  • Shurmur Played For Field Goal
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @brownskidd said:

    I don't know about you, but the game of football and the primary objective within the game of Football is to win, you win by scoring touchdowns. Field Goals have always been the "Settle for" points. But when Shurmur runs 6 consecutive running plays and admits to playing for the field goal, you have to be ticked with this coach. If I was Lerner and Holmgren, I would be livid with this guy. That's not football, playing for field goals.

    So either Shurmur has no clue, or no confidence in his player, I would go with no clue.

    Thats because Shurmur does not worry about touchdowns--he said so in todays press conference:

    (On how he can prevent that fact that the team hasn't scored a home field touchdown in a while from messing with the team's confidence)- "Score touchdowns. I don't worry about that. You just keep working to get better. These guys don't have a problem with confidence. We've just have to go out and get it done."


  • Mccoy And Audibles
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    Ask this question.....what if McCoy said "f88k it....Little...go long on this play and I will hit you, no matter that Murmur called for another 2 yard out pattern?

    I guess he would be in trouble because, after all, when Bernie Kosar changed a play on Bill Belichick, at that time, Bernie was a veteran and knew more about running a decent offense than BB did. Here however, Colt is still a young QB and doesn't feel like he can stand up to his coach, even if he knows his coach has his head where the sun don't shine.

    (actually, I wonder if Shurmur would have the kohones to stand up to asserting his authority over McCoy the way BB did to Bernie)

    I think that if that happened Colt would feel the wrath of both Shurmur and Holmgren. Shurmur is Holmgrens "friendly hire". I also think that given his interviews, and his reactions when questioned about play-callin etc, that Shurmur is a "my way or the highway" kinda guy. McCoy is more than capable of being able to audible (he did last year), however this year I believe he is dealing with an ego-maniac (visions of grandeur) as a head coach "how dare you change my play!!!"


  • Mccoy And Audibles
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @soju said:

    wow this is pretty damning evidence. Shurmur is the cause of, I'd say, 50% of our losses.

    Hard to believe that mid-way thru the season the coach says the QB can audible,while the QB says he doesn't have that option. Who's right and Who's wrong--I find it hard to believe that this subject has not been discussed between the two of them before, I also find it hard to believe that McCoy would give an incorrect answer to such a question, knowing it would make it's way back to the coach.


  • Mccoy And Audibles
    T tennreb
    The Browns Board

    @beefjerky said:

    I was listening to Colt's press conference, and the reporters asked him on that last drive where they ran it 3 straight times to run the clock down, whether he could audible the play or why he didn't, and he answered "No, the coach doesn't allow me to audible." or something like that.

    how common is that amongst coaches and QBs? I think it also reflects on Shurmur not trusting McCoy to make the right decision, which isn't exactly putting faith into your QB.

    McCoy has looked a lot worse this year than last year, so maybe Shurmur is limiting him more so than just not being able to call audibles.

    And Shurmur in an interview contradicts McCoy. But then Shurmur contradicts himself as well as stated in this Article.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate