"I told you I didn't want to fight with Charlie."
Hah.
Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
"I told you I didn't want to fight with Charlie."
Hah.
Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
Is he a Pittsburgh fan? If he is . . . that might explain it.
Negative. He's a Philly fan.
If he were a Pitt fan, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to stab his eyes out when I turned around.
88fingerslewy said:
I found my birth mother (I was adopted) a few years ago. I lived across the street from one of my new found sisters while at university....obviously didn't know she was my sister. Saw her all the time while I was attending school there....no.... we never....you know. Scary thought though, I always thought she was hot....yikes
That reminds me...
I was walking around this festival downtown with a friend of mine. I hear this guy behind me whistling (doing his dumb guy pickup attempt). I turn around and it's my brother. He had a look on his face that said something like "... kill me".
I'll never let him live it down 
mz. said:
Suing the hospital/doctor is one thing. Suing the team is another thing entirely.
I don't blame him.. for suing whomever is responsible.
nmills said:
CLEVELAND BROWNSFootball News, Schedule, Pictures, Roster & More
Former Cleveland Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius sues team, doctors, Cleveland Clinic over staph infection
by Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
Friday June 26, 2009, 11:27 AM
Former Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius has filed a civil suit in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court against the Browns, the Cleveland Clinic, former team physician Dr. Anthony Miniaci and current team physician Dr. Richard Figler, for negligence and fraud that he alleges led to a staph infection that might have ended his NFL career.
The suit claims that the Browns and their team physicians failed to warn Jurevicius that sterile techniques were not at all times used at the Browns training facility in Berea; that therapy devices passed among multiple individuals, including Browns players, were not properly maintained and/or cleaned, if at all; and that community equipment and frequently used surfaces were not properly cleaned, if at all.
Jurevicius, a former star at Lake Catholic High School, maintains that he contracted staph in his knee because he was not warned and because Browns staff members did not tell the truth about maintenance and cleaning of the Browns facility.
Browns director of public relations Neal Gulkis did not immediately return a call for comment.
Jurevicius underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Jan. 7, 2008 and began his post-operative rehab at the Browns facility. On Jan. 21, 2008, his right knee became swollen, he was unable to walk, and he experienced severe shaking and chills. The next day he was diagnosed with a staph infection. Since that time he has undergone seven medical procedures designed to eradicate the staph.
The Browns released Jurevicius on March 12, rather than pay him a roster bonus. He was due to make $2.4 million in the final season of a four-year contract he signed in 2006.
Click to read an October 2008 story on staph infections' impact on the Browns.
Jurevicius' staph infection was one of seven publicized incidents of staph infection the Browns have had since 2003.
⢠Tight end Kellen Winslow Jr., traded to Tampa Bay this offseason, suffered two. His first case came in 2005 after surgery to repair a torn knee ligament in which he was hospitalized and lost almost 30 pounds. The second was last season.
⢠Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley remains out of football after suffering a staph infection that he said was life-threatening. The infection was diagnosed shortly after surgery to repair a torn tendon in his left knee in 2006.
⢠Jurevicius' infection surfaced two weeks after his arthroscopic knee surgery in January of 2008.
⢠Receiver Braylon Edwards missed two games during his rookie year in 2005 with a staph infection that had to be surgically removed from his right arm.
⢠A recurring staph infection in an elbow all but wiped out former safety Brian Russell's 2006 season.
⢠In late 2003, former linebacker Ben Taylor wound up in the Cleveland Clinic for five days with a staph infection after reporting to practice with a scratch near his elbow and flulike symptoms that worsened during the day.
The Browns may have tried to bring Jurevicius back for this season at the NFL minimum salary of $845,000 for veterans of 10 or more years -- the same concession made by offensive lineman Ryan Tucker. General manager George Kokinis talked with Jurevicius' agents about a deal at the NFL Combine. "We tried to work something out and it just ended up not coming to a conclusion," Kokinis said then. ". . . Joe's done a lot. I know what he means to this team."
In a statement issued at that time by agent Mark Humenik, Jurevicius indicated there was more than money involved in the Browns' decision.
The statement said: "As a Cleveland native and lifelong Browns fan, I always hoped to finish my career in brown and orange with my family and friends in the stands, and was even willing to take a steep pay cut to keep that dream alive, which is why I have such a heavy heart today."
Jurevicius, a native of Timberlake, Ohio, said at that time he will "forever cherish the three seasons that I spent here and will never forget the chills that I got whenever I stepped foot on the field on the shores of Lake Erie."
A marriage of Jurevicius and new coach Eric Mangini seemed doomed from the start. In December, Jurevicius was one of the few players to speak out publicly and endorse the Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel management team. He felt the 4-12 season in 2008 was an aberration caused by injuries and roster immaturity. He appealed to Lerner to stay the course.
Jurevicius played in three Super Bowls with three different teams in his career before signing with the Browns in 2006. In that off-season, he joined local products LeCharles Bentley and Bob Hallen, both centers, and punter Dave Zastudil in using free agency to return home to play. Only Zastudil remains.
Can't say that I blame him.
Amber, we love you and all, but don't post anymore pictures of ugly chicks on the forum, please. We take pride in the ass we display here, much like your own, and pinning a beat-chick up dimishes our upstanding character and moral responsiblity to football fans everywhere.The ugly chick photo that you included in your recent post has been removed for the benefit of mankind.
Thank-you for your understanding.
-The Browns Board Admin
HAHA! Only pictures of hawt chicks from now on 
I've already shared my point of view with you. Unfortunately, the post got deleted 
For the record
My favorite player is Josh Cribbs. He's so althletic and agile that he is an asset at most any potition he plays in. Whether on special teams or as a starting QB, he's got my support.
But as I previously stated, football isn't my forte... but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it anyway.
Oh wait... you were probably looking for a dumb woman answer (dumber that the first one I gave
...)
Uhhmm.... braidy kwen is my favrate bcuz he's uber sexy omgomg i love him!!!1!
@jadbf said:
Some people take themselves way too seriously in real life, and that translates to the internet in even bigger forms.Don't let the bastards get you down
XOXO
@sisky-fringo said:
what a Sleas...
Wow.. I was under the impression that you could joke around on this forum. But it's beginning to appear like everyone takes everything so serious.
I work at Chase Bank HQ in Columbus and my job just isn't challenging enough. I'm sick of this same old boring routine.
Anyone know of a good place that's hiring? 
I do mostly admin stuff
Since the trolls are coming out from under their rocks, maybe they can find a literate mutant in Pittspuke to read them this article about their heritagehttp://listserv.virtueonline.org/pipermail...ary/006447.html
Okay - I can't even finish reading it. I don't even want to know how you found that
Zombo said:
I'm so glad Amber has hijacked this thread.I was more than a little disturbed at the idea of responding to mz the pussy disguised as "Bambi" disguised as Jizzelle.
Zombo
--BTW nice pic, Amber! (I obviously have Skippy's password so I can play both "Atenears" and "Lumbergh" on the weekends.)
Pleanty more where that came from 
AdaM said:
š„·
Don't worry babe. I'll show you the real thing tonight 
Our Tailgate Crew grew met on the Browns Grandstand Message Boards of AOL back in 1997.It was Sunday September 12th, 1999 that the Crew gathered for the first official game in the new era. It was an 8:20pm game, and many opened the lot in the early morning hours.
This season's opening game (Sunday September 13th) marks our 10-year Anniversary, and we would like to invite you all out to celebrate.
Stay Tuned each week during the season as we will start a thread similar to this one for each hosted Tailgate Party. Also check-out our Tailgate Party Page to read about our tailgate format.
NEED TICKETS?
If you haven't participated in our fundraiser raffle yet, we would advise it. We are raffling off a pair of Season Tickets, plus a few other prizes for only a $10 Ticket. All proceeds go to an area youth baseball program. Money this season will have to be mailed-in, as PayPal will not allow us to collect funds for what they consider gambling. For all details, go to: http://www.thebrownsboard.com/fundraiser.htm
But... I can wear my o>-8< and get in free right š„·
Hi The Amber, ... err Le Amber. Bienvenue! You know what they say about zee French? Ah, that must be a rhetorical question because I really don't know they say. And of course, now the board is going to let me know what they say, right? Easy guys, I'm still a Browns fan and no more pics of Montreal women if you insult me too much.Anyway, Amber, you have beautiful eyes and a nice derriere and, most importantly, a fun disposition. Welcome to the board!
I was wondering how long it would take for that pic to resurface 
I'll say that that I DO know what the french say and hope that no one asks me 
Thank you for the welcome and the compliments! 
I assume, when they say he went around a car to beat the light, the car in front was slowing down, and he changed to the left lane - that would give him enough time to flash lights.*If* there was a car he went around, it was either slowing for a yellow or slowing because it saw the pedestrian in the road. The whole 'car he went around' was a statement by a witness, so who knows.
But how could that give him enough time to flash? That would mean that the pedestrian would have to have been a decent distance away - in which case the car in front of him wouldn't have been slowing ... we need to see that video! 
If Donte "flashed his brights", then I don't see how he was swerving around a car to get through a red light. If he was flashing his brights, it would have either had to have been at the car in front of him, or he wasn't swerving around a car.
Aloysius said:
That makes his jaywalking much more understandable; when any incoming cars have to pass through a crosswalk before reaching you, you may be a little less likely to be concerned about your safety.
I didn't know walking near a crosswalk would make someone feel more safe about jaywalking. You're either using a crosswalk or you're not...