Okay...when Buster has two picks...you guys are having a good night.
The Goat
Posts
-
***Official Browns @ Bengals Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** -
CONGRATULATIONS.Miami has a good defense and Tannehill has played better than I expected. What the Dolphins did to San Diego was unbelievable! I'd like to see Miami beat New England in a playoff game just because I am sick of the Patriots (god's gift to the football world) And if the Browns can reach the post season we have a good chance in our division.
Fins need to beat the Jets twice, the Vikings at home, and the Bills at home to have a shot with 9 wins.
But...that probably won't cut it this year. Here's the fun thing: They play the Ravens at home.
You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours.
-
CONGRATULATIONS.It's interesting.
I signed up here a while ago; I'm a huge Miami fan, but the Browns have had a special place in my heart since Kosar. (Whom I have family connections with, and by all accounts is a very cool dude.)
Anyway. Beer was involved tonight. So I moseyed in.
I've been saying this for a couple years now: "The Browns are a QB away from being very serious."
God, I love Joe Haden.
Anyway. I called Cleveland in every league and pool I had tonight.
Because you guys are really, really ####### close. Stay alive until Josh Gordon comes back.
And then maybe...just maybe...my boys just might see you in the postseason.
Good luck.
-
Gawd, I love you guys.I've had a weird affinity for the Browns since the Kosar days.
But...seriously...Buster Skrine?
-
Is there an Andrew Luck in this draft?He is not, however, taller than me in real life.
-
Is there an Andrew Luck in this draft?@walterwhite said:
He's taller than you in real life.
He's taller than you in real life.
He's taller than you in real life.
(say it one more time)
He's taller than Russell Wilson.
He's taller than Russell Wilson.
Say it again,
He's taller than Super Bowl Winning QB Russell Wilson
Dude.
I wanna hang out with you.
Actually, I want the Browns to take Watkins, then watch Manziel to drop to #19, and have the new GM of the Dolphins pick up the phone and say to the Browns, "It'll cost you a third to move up three spots."
Whattaya say?
-
Gawd, I love you guys.Dolphins fan here...I think I posted shortly after the Fins/Browns game last year.
As a long-time homer, I can understand how the myopic overanalysis of everything can break you down. I just wanted to stop here and tell you something....
...a good friend of mine and I talk football continually. He's a huge Seahawks fan, so he's in his glory right now. That aside, I wanted to share a conversation he and I had a couple weeks back.
About the Browns. It was right after Ben Tate was signed.
We were talking divisions, and I looked at him and said, "You know, if the Browns can ever figure out their Quarterback position, they're gonna just start wrecking people." He thought the same thing.
I've looked at your roster, and in my opinion, you're a QB, a pass rusher, a CB, and a weapon on the other side of Josh Gordon away from making a lot of noise. A lot.
Personally, I'd go with Watkins and whichever of the Big 4 QB (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr) falls to 22, but that's just me.
Best of luck guys. Respect the hell out of ya.
-
TRICH traded to coltsdude that offensive coordinator now with the jets is going to beat you twice this year.
Dude, that offensive coordinator got fired, and is now the Oakland Raiders O-Line coach. That makes your projection highly unlikely.
But, yes, the Jets are the Jets. The Fins and the Jets always end up in stupid nail-biters, regardless of talent.
-
TRICH traded to coltsI appreciate (sincerely) the insightful comments, even if I don't necessarily agree with each detail of them. I do, however, think that there is a little bit of self-soothing and possibly a little anti-Trent bias going on here. If this was a good trade for both sides, wouldn't some of that sentiment be showing up in the media? The vast majority of what I'm hearing and have heard are shock, disbelief, and confusion. I've heard plenty of non-Browns people say something to the effect of "What in the world are the Browns thinking?!" I've not heard a single report where someone said, "Man, the Browns really got a first round pick for Richardson? Score! They made out like bandits!" Response to this trade hasn't been even and, to me, that's one indication among others that it was not an even trade.
Now, are the experts always right? Nope. Is public opinion always right? Nope. COULD it work out in the Browns favor? Sure. But I wouldn't say that it's difficult to understand why some Browns fans (and not under-informed ones who just want their jersey money back) might not appreciate this as a "good trade" for the Browns.
The media "experts" are idiots.
I sincerely do understand the feeling of a lost season. I had Saban bail on us, Ricky retire on us, watched our management team pick Culpepper over Brees, and dealt with Sparano for a few years.
Things get better. Stuff happens (like, say, your arch-rival hiring Sparano as an offensive coordinator).
Hang tight.
-
THANK YOU MIKE LOMBARDI AND BANNER FOR WATCHING MY VIDEOSYou. I like your style.
Seriously...that's freaking hysterical.
You guys mind if a Dolphins fan comes in and hangs out every once in awhile? I'm fascinated as hell by what happened today. I think it turns out well.
-
TRICH traded to coltsExcept the Browns have two first rounders, not three.
If we get a pass rusher in the first round, I will fly to Ohio and punch Lombardi in his wife's face.
Yeah, my error. I don't know why I thought the Browns had 3 first round picks.
(Seriously, how the hell did the Rams get all those draft picks for the next two years? Holy crap.)
-
TRICH traded to coltsRight. Which is all very good in theory, until... you recall that we just did it two years ago. "If we get Luck or RG III and a great WR, we could really be headed somewhere! We have two first round picks!" We got Richardson and Weeden. Weeden was never worth that pick and now a lot of people here believe we're better off having a later 1st round pick than having Richardson. Like I said, just having the picks means very little. It's only getting something with them that means something.
And if Morris and Foster are your proof that there's no need to draft RBs early, then I could point to a few QBs who prove the same point. And if that's true, what is it exactly that's so exciting to us in the first round?
QB talent falls off dramatically after the first round. RB talent does not. It's just the way the NFL game is played now. There are FAR more 1st round QBs starting in the league than first round RBs right now.
There are four things you need to do well to succeed in today's NFL:
1) Pass the ball
2) Catch the ball
3) Kill the opposing QB with your D-line
4) Keep your opponent from catching the ball.
I think your new managerial structure sees this. They know they have 3 and 4 partially done. With the exception of Cameron, they do not have #1 and #2. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they get that in the 2014 draft.
-
TRICH traded to coltsIf I may express my opinion as a Colts fan, I think it's a good trade for both teams. Let's face it, the Browns probably weren't going anywhere anyway, and this gives them more ammo in next years draft to get a true franchise QB. If the browns eek out a few wins and finish with the 3rd or 4th pick in the first round, this second 1st round pick can be thrown in to move up. If I were a browns fan, I wouldn't be too upset over this.
Actually, there are a bunch of colts fans who do not like this trade. I am not one of them. I think it will work out for both teams.
As a Fins fan who watched every play of the Fins/Browns and Fins/Colts games...I suspect you will be unhappy with this.
-
TRICH traded to coltsUnbiased view from a Dolphins fan:
You guys did well today. A couple points:
1) I'm a fan of Trent Richardson. I know about his playing with broken ribs last year, how tough he is, etc. In today's league, he is not the centerpiece that you build around.
2) Did you get fair market value? Probably not. Here's the thing - how much more were you going to get? Who, of the Jacksonvilles, Jets, Raiders, etc...were you going to trade him to? You got a first round pick for him.
3) Newsflash: The Colts are NOT winning he Super Bowl this year. You're going to end up with a draft pick somewhere in the teens. The Colts are flawed. A THOROUGHLY imperfect (but growing) Dolphins team just showed the entire planet how to beat Andrew Luck. In his house.
4) The 2014 draft is going to be absolutely ripe with talent in the first round. Your team should have three solid picks. You've got a monster left tackle, a great CB, and a beast at TE. That's good stuff to build upon. In today's league, RB are a dime a dozen. It's not necessarily about a first rounder. It's about two or three middle-rounders. See: Morris, Alfred. See: Foster, Arian.
5)...and my final point...there's something to be said for a team willing to blatantly suck in the attempt to go after good draft picks. In an unrelated aside...I'm a 76ers fan. For YEARS, I watched that team fight the good fight, refusing to lay down like other teams did in an attempt to get better lottery odds. They were doing the right thing, right? Right? Wrong. Guess what their new management team is doing this year? That's right...blatantly tanking to go after Andrew Wiggins. And God bless them for it.
Your new management team sees the writing on the wall. Trent Richardson was a luxury that will quite simply NOT lead the Browns to a championship. He just won't. They cashed him in for a chip to be played in the 2014 draft.
Honestly, if I were a Browns fan, I'd be partying every Sunday as the Browns violently tank their season in an attempt to secure Bridgewater.
Because holy crap...if the Browns get Bridgewater and a monster pass rusher and wideout in the first round...THEN you have a reason to get excited. Fast.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools...because I saw a lot of good in the Browns today.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Browns (mostly because if the Kosar days), and it's continuing with the Chudzinski connection to Miami.
I'll tell you this...your defense is good. I haven't seen Pouncey get manhandled like that before. I was hanging out with a friend at his house...the Fins/Browns, Seahawks/Panthers, and Patriots/Bills were all playing in different areas of the house. Our kids were playing together, and my buddy came up to check on them. The Fins were up 6-0 at that point, but they couldn't do a THING on the ground. He walked in the room.
"How they look?"
"They look great on D...but Cleveland's eating our O-line's lunch. Watch this."
On cue, Lamar Miller took a handoff, moved about six inches, and got crushed.
Him: "Holy ####. Good luck with that."
Then he wandered back downstairs.
I understand you have no desire to look, but trust me...the Fins boards are all buzzing with how bad our running game sucks. I don't think it's that. I think it's that your D-Line is that good.
Point being, I think the Browns are where the Fins were about a year ago. New coach, new system. With your line, and Haden, and a healthy Mingo, and Richardson, and Norv Turner running the O, I really think the Browns are gonna make life hell for the rest of the AFC North this year. There's a reason about 90% of the so-called media "experts" were picking the Browns to win this game.
I honestly don't think Weeden is the answer at QB, but...hey...I've been wrong before.
Anyway. Don't give up. I really think the Browns are a lot closer to being competitive than it looks right now.
Best of luck on the rest of the year.