No qualms about someone asking this question. I used to think I was too smart to believe in God. However after some life lived, I have come to realize there's more out there than a bunch of random atoms smashing into each other and randomly forming everything we know, see, and feel. I know now there is some sort of great orchestrator, I just don't know how He works. And neither does anyone else, because whoever that orchestrator is He doesn't exactly get off his cloud and explain it to us. That's why I don't get much into organized religion, though I draw philosophies from several of them. I can tell you that living a life of faith is much more bearable than living without it, as I have experienced both.
the_clevelander
Posts
-
Just a curiosity poll -
It's time we Browns fans did something for Eric BarrHey Everyone,
I'm new to this board so nice to meet everyone. Most of you probably have heard by now of Eric Barr, that guy that decided to up and leave his cozy life in Connecticut to take up residence in Berea in order to be close to his favorite team, the Browns. In case you are not familiar with how his life has been since he moved here, this snippet from the ESPN article sums it up:
"So Barr bought season tickets, and he drove 500 miles to every game until, a few months ago, he quit his job, left behind a steady check and benefits, and moved to Cleveland. He still hasn't found work. He lives out of a suitcase. He is lonely except for the few hours he communes with other fans on game day. He plays solitaire. He spends his days at a library looking for jobs. The money's gonna run out. Things seem bad. He wonders why he did this. He's 33, alone, with no furniture, no job, no future."
Fellow Clevelanders, it's time we did something for this man. I don't know what yet. Perhaps start up a collection to buy him furniture, use our contacts to provide him job leads, or simply invite him out for a beer. We have to do something for this guy. Is anybody with me on this?