The problem with ranking TE's by just receiving numbers is obvious. In some offenses, the TE is an integral blocker. In some systems, the TE is just a bigger slot receiver. Dallas Clark is a good example. BTW, he is no better than JacobTamme or anyone else the Colts want to put in that position for Peyton to throw it to. For my money, Heath Miller, Brent Celek, and Jason Witten are the best block/catch TE's in the league
thehammer
Posts
-
Tight Ends -
Do You Really Want the WCO?With the short passing game, you need receivers who can make major YAC. The current receivers on the rosters don' fit that description at all, so there could be complete turnover there. Hillis catches the ball well, but I hope he still gets 15 or more carries a game. The WOC seems tailor-made for McCoy.
-
‘11 NFL Draft: Scouting Ohio StateSaine was also a solid contributor on kick/punt coverage. That should make him appealing to NFL teams who are always looking for more speed on special teams
-
Mangini A Real Class Act!Of course I'm in the minority, but I wanted Mangini to have more time. The revolving door of coaches is bad for a team. Sometimes, you need stability. The Titans Jeff Fisher has gone through several down seasons, but their management sticks with him because he's the right man for the job. Belichick wasn't given enough time and neither was Mangini
-
Calfox Browns 3-round mock draft 2011Darius is the best defensive linemen I saw all season. If the Browns could get him at six and still get a quality WR in the second round, it will be a terrific way to start the draft.
-
Colt McCoy - Arm StrengthThe NFL has seen dozens of bazooka armed QB's who had lousy, short careers. McCoy's arm is adequate enough to make all the necessary throws and more importantly, he is very accurate.
-
colt McCoyMcCoy sure looks like the future. The great ones have it from the neck up and Colt seems to have that same kind of composure and confidence. I am not completely sure he can make all the throws yet. I have to see him more in game situations throw the deep out, for example. He does not have a rocket arm, but hey, Spurgeon Wynn had a rifle. Not every great qb has a bazooka for a throwing arm, but there are plenty of failed QB's who did and they failed because they did not have the ability above the neck. McCoy has just as good an arm as Manning I think and it seems he understands how to play the position.
-
If you had a QB DraftTop 4 are basically interchangeable for me; Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers. (alphabetical there). After that it gets alot tougher for me to decide. Rivers and Roethlisberger are both great. Vick is showing us brilliance right now. Ryan looks like the real deal, he would be the young QB to start a franchise with.
-
CribbsCribbs is old-school and tough as nails. He is injured more than he reveals. He will be great kick returner when he is healthy.
-
Who is the King of Cleveland Now?Hillis is everyone's favorite right now. I just hope his aggressive running style does not lead to a very short career. RB's have a short shelf life anyway and Hillis will be lucky to injure himself less than he injures opposing tacklers
-
AJ Green next yearThe Georgia wideout is clearly the best in college football. I certainly hope he is still available for the Browns is April's draft. He will be an instant upgrade at WR for the Browns. Green is next season's Dez Bryant.
-
Would Vincent Jackson come to Cleveland?Jackson is a stud WR who will be available in free agency ( if there is a new CBA of course) and would be the downfield weapon the Browns need. I think he would be a great fit
-
Evan MooreI don't understand the role of Evan Moore on this team. He, obviously, has great hands and seems to get open. As much as I like Ben Watson, I feel Moore is a star in waiting.