I'm still here and more positive about the Browns than I've ever been. And never thought once this team is dysfunctional. Mud posted earlier examples showing how all the teams deal with stupid bullshit. Browns are no different. They do have an uphill battle thanks to the media trying to put them in a negative light...but it's not there.
tml1138
Posts
-
I LOVE Pettine being the head coach of the Browns -
Jonathan Paul Manziel -
Josh McCown let go by the BucsSounds non-exciting and another textbook QB setup. Veteran FA to either compete or mentor the second-chance, first-round draft question mark, UDFA backup.
-
OT - Have we seen the last of Tiger Woods?My cousin and friend want me to go to a golf outing this year. I can't recall how he explaned it to me, but it's a game where you don't really have to be good to win. I dunno, I went golfing one time in my life when I was in high school, over twenty years ago. I don't even know the correct form to make a swing let alone play at any type of golf outing. Just not my thing.
-
Rumor: Browns interested in trading up for MariotaMore proof that the Browns might be going for Mariota??
And if you read the stupid comments, people are quick to call the Browns FO dirty for this.
-
Rebuilding an offense... againA Cleveland guy who went to Mount Union. I am liking him as a FA. He could be a solid WR2 in the right system and with a decent QB. He has missed 8 games in 3 years as a starter due to injuries, but when he's played in 3 years he's put up:
174 catches for 2313 yards and 11 TDs which is
58 for 771 and 3.6 TD's per year as a starter...
I don't know much about his effort, severity of injuries, etc... I wonder what he might cost in FA??
This has been thrown around here for a little while now. Sounds like a good idea, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he can be had for reasonable cost.
-
Rumor: Browns interested in trading up for MariotaAh yes. I forgot about that. I didn't know until I heard it here, well after the fact. I thought we only tried for RG3.
But there you go. They declined quickly on an offer of our entire draft. With two first round picks that year to boot.
-
Rumor: Browns interested in trading up for MariotaI have no problem trading 3 #1s for a QB if you are certain he's the guy. For example, I'd give 3 #1s for Andrew Luck in a heartbeat, or Aaron Rodgers. So, if you have an absolute can't miss guy like Andrew Luck, then go for it - is Mariota or Winston that good? I'm not convinced.
The only problem I see is, if you have a sure-thing QB like Luck, all 32 teams will clearly see that...if it's that solid. And in a situation like that, the first overall pick isn't going to give it up for anything, not if they need a QB. And this year, Tampa Bay is one of those teams. I don't think Indy would've given their spot up for Luck for anything. Actually, did anyone even try to deal with them on it?
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielI don't know if it's good PR. It's definitely damage control. What is also does is spell out that the Browns picked a guy in the first round of an NFL draft...who needs rehab. Ugh.
-
So what does Cleveland do about Gordon?If he's out for a year in everything Browns, don't cut him yet. Costs nothing to hang onto him right now.
-
Open Letter *from* Josh Gordon -
Season Ticket price increaseWell I just found out my friends tickets, that were $60 last year, are now $80. That's a 33% increase.
-
Season Ticket price increase -
The Drive and The FumbleI was 12/13 for The Drive/The Fumble. I remember it for sure. During the Drive, when Elway had to start back at the 2, I was like "no problem". But they kept moving the chains and I remember thinking "why can't they stop them??". It was a slo-mo train wreck. The Fumble I took harder. Who didn't, after dealing with the Drive just the year previous? I mean to lose like that two times in a row during AFC Championship game?? I think I pretty much sat back quietly in my bedroom for the rest of the day. I also remember afterwards hearing caused the fumble...Castille...and hating him with a passion. You can bet your ass I was bitterly happy when the Broncos lost all three Super Bowls, particularly those lopsided losses. I also wondered how the Browns would've done against those same teams. No doubt better than that to say the least.
I hate Elway, I hate the Broncos, so Peyton would you just leave the team so I can hate them to 100% full capacity again?
-
For all of you who don't think Russell Wilson is "elite"I didn't mind the Seahawks so much, but obviously with the recent attention of the 12th man and Legion of Boom crap it's very bandwaggonish feeling. Because the Packers seriously, seriously effed up the NFC Championship game I don't like that the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl at all this year. For that, I hope the Patriots win. But when it comes right down to it, in the long run, I could give a shit who wins really.
-
Gordon Fails AgainRules are rules, even if stupid. He knew what the rules were and what would happen if he was caught. Sucks to have to stay away from a legal substance like alcohol, but if you had a DUI and that's your employer's rules, you follow them or pay the consequences. You can fight to have them changed too, but this isn't the way to do it.
Goodbye Josh. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
-
Dick LeBeau resignsUnless we fix the QB situation, or see Hoyer return to his earlier form with Mack at center, we'll also be hard pressed to improve.
-
The Browns Strategy MeetingAnderson, of all of our draft picks, may have honestly been the best QB pick in terms of value, franchise potential and talent. Unfortunately, he got run out of town. Now he's the best backup in the league.
Anderson wasn't one of our draft picks. Ravens drafted him (had to look up the round, it was in the sixth of 2005 draft) and dropped him, then the Browns picked him up.
-
Survey Thursday...January 22Here are this week's survey questions. Give your opinions or answers:
1. DeFillipo.......the Answer?
Hopefully. I think it's time the Browns find their own way rather than try the "safer" proven veteran route...been there done that.
2. Who starts for Ohio State next fall: Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones?
Jones.
3. Airballs? Much Ado About Nothing......or a big deal? (yes, I am talking about Brady and his deflated balls)
Much Ado to me. Particularly considering the lopsided win.
4. What was the most interesting/unique/coolest/weirdest/suckiest whatever class you took in school?
College music class. Was completely not what anyone expected and held my interest a lot for just a general elective course.
5. What is the most interesting work of art that you have ever laid eyes on? (seen in person)
Don't know. I'm not that cultured in art forms. Lol. I know I've seen some artwork that I've loved but nothing so memborable that I can tell you off the top of my head.
-
Falcons hire Kyle ShanahanFalcons don't even have a HC yet, but Shanny ran away there...interesting.
)