Raiders surprised me by not taking Spilelr (typical Al Davis style) but I think McClain is a need spot for them
TN Browns Backer
Posts
-
Official Draft Day Thread -
WELCOME JOE HADENI will admit draft workouts dont always do players justice, and going to Tennessee I saw haden alot and he did play in arguably one of the best conferences in the country.... its just not the exciting pick I guess but I do trust in M.H.... lets see if we make any other noise tonight
-
Official Draft Day ThreadHere is to hoping the Chiefs go OT and not Berry
-
Rest the Starters?!I think that would be a bad idea; We need all the momentum we can have going into the playoffs. Resting starters in any sport just never seems to have a good effect. The players are smart, they wont take hard fouls and will not be as physical but keep the players in the game.... well except for Shaq, let him rest because he can break if he lands wrong
I am personally very excited for them to start next week- I watched every game last summer and personally, although I am a young Cleveland sports fan, its nice knowing we are the favorite in games for once, especially when were talking about a league championship hah.
-
Check this outIts great to see the media still recognizing Cribbs as an amazing player- I was afraid that he would fade from the spotlight if he stayed in Cleveland
-
Cavs pull the trigger.Big Z will be back in 30 days too. This shows Cleveland is pushing it all to win now, we arent relying on a pick this year, we are built to win NOW and for the next week years
-
Windhorst: Trade talk heating upThere are a lot of rumors going around. The problem with Amare is his chemistry with Shaq, which apparently we would have no issue trading him despite giving Big Z to the Suns (apparently they would release him and he could re-join after 30 days back to Cav's). The Shaq part of that deal bothers me, because I like him in our offense, he is a good complimentary player and has started to fall into the team. I worry about adding Amare and whoever else they pick up into the chemistry of the club
-
BulgerBulger stepped in and played o.k. when the Rams had decent talent. He is not really someone I would like teaching our younger guys, I would almost rather have Tim Couch (ALMOST) than Bulger
-
Cleveland Gladiators sign QB John DuttonWho else besides Warner has come out of the Arena League to have NFL Success?
Well no one has had the NFL success Warner has in such a transition. Its practically unheard of, which is why Kurt's story is so unique
-
Our 2010 rosterFrom what I have been hearing, Harrison will probably get an incentives based contract, so if he continues to perform he will get paid like it. Also remember some of those are restricted FA's and the way this off-season is going to be, most people dont think the RFA's will be as active as years past
-
Cribbs to be on Mike & MikeCribbs is on a media spree basically trying to draw more attention to his contract situation. This could have two possible outcomes: FA's do not come to Cleveland because Cribbs is trying to portray the organization as a low balling one, or Cribbs will ruin his reputation around the league as a cry baby. I agree he deserves more than 1. whatever million dollars, but a good point was brought up with his age and current contract.
One thing offices DONT want to deal with is a player who goes out to ESPN and talks on every program they have about how he loves a team but wont play another down unless he gets an improved contract. That is just another distraction. It was the first offer from a new front office, and Cribbs needs to realize even though he has been negotiating with the old office, he needs to be mature because this isnt the same group of people.
I hate cry baby athletes
-
Draft Updates?"...the deal will only kick in if the Jets decide to pay a $10 million option bonus in March 2010... If Sheppard misses considerable time during the season, they would only have to trade a fifth-round draft choice to the Philadelphia Eagles. The conditional 2010 draft choice will be a second-round draft choice if Sheppard plays 85 percent of the season and receives the four-year extension.."
Sheppard's time in New York is basically a one-year tryout.
He had a whole 31 tackles and one pick. And didn't play in 6 games. An over paid injury prone, whiny nickle back.
We will be getting a third round pick as planned.
That third rounder for Braylon could even become a second rounder, should Edwards catch a certain amount of passes, which he didn't. While the number's undisclosed, one would have to imagine it's higher than his career-best 80 catches. And just in the last 8 weeks of the season he caught 22 passes. Not only that he caught 2 TD's in that span and lost 1 Fumble, lol. Just Stuckey alone had 18 catches in that span and didn't play in 2 of those games.
F*ck that pussy Braylon, he sucks and we made out great on that one.
Isn't it funny how Edwards keeps screwing us over even after we trade butter-fingers away?
-
The New DynastyBack from my multi-month absence hah.
I think the Dolphins will be the 10's dynasty. I like what they have been doing in terms of building, and Henne really started to come into his own this year. They have Ginn on return and WR, and could really establish depth behind a promising looking young group of core players, including a fairly decent defense. Not to mention their RB by committee approach, even though Ricky Williams will be done sooner then later and Ronnie Brown is injury prone usually.
Thats Bill Parcel's magic at its best. Lets home Holmgren can do the same for us!
-
Ongoing "Internet Rumor" - Parcells to ClevelandThe reason Parcells would consider coming here is because he enjoys rebuilding franchises. He has been quoted on numerous occasions saying that is his new football passion, and....lets be real- Cleveland is about the ultimate rebuilding project anyone could dream of...
-
Impact rookies we COULD of had...I just had this thought, since I am forced to watch the regional Colts-Houston game.... Brian Cushing just picked off Manning.... Sad
-
Congrats on the QB play todayKeep it up for six more weeks Brady so that everyone is convinced we don't need a QB in the draft.
I appprove of this only from the standpoint of not believing the answer is taking a QB this year, we have more pressing needs and although QB is a need (Beating the lions pass D doesnt convince me of anything, and no im not a D.A supporter) getting one right now does nothing for this team
-
Gee, Thanks Plain Dealer...Quinn's performance last week is the reason for this. Either way, in my opinion, if we lose this game, were gonna end up probably losing every other game this year
-
Bills fire head coach Jauron -
Bills fire head coach JauronYou can't have it both ways. Mangini is as much responsible for the D as anyone. As for the x's and o's, he received rave reviews for a seminar given to the Pro Football Writers of America:
There's also an excerpt from an article about Jeff Schudel's book "No Substitute for Sundays" which chronicles Brett Favre's year with the Jets:
Both ways? What are you talking about, all I said was Ryan was responsible for the D, no Mangina. And As any football fan should know, Football sports writers are hardly credible sources, its all about opinion.
-
Maiava played well, along with soild play from ex-JetsPool and Bowens both player very well, as well a Shaun Rogers. Ill tell ya, the ex-Jet who played the best though was the punter we signed. Sure this sounds dumb, but he had a huge role in keeping us on the game in the first half Sunday before the offense stunk it up