I'm guessing you forgot amukamara, cos its doubtful he makes it past Houston given how disgusting their secondary is.
totheCRIBB
Posts
-
My First Round Mock Draft -
QB Next SeasonI wouldn't want Wallace here as a backup/mentor for Colt. Compare the quotes from him and Delhomme last season, and Wallace seems to come off as a me first guy who was sore about not being starter, as opposed to Delhomme who realised he's not the number 1 QB anymore, and seemed to accept his role in tutoring Colt.
-
CribbsAlso, its now illegal to block as a wedge on special teams, so a lot of the holes that were made in the first line of tacklers are no longer there.
-
Evan Moorethere might be a mismatch against a LB or average safety, but put a good corner on him and he's probably neutralized. the coaches aren't dumb.
But if teams are having to put a corner on a TE, then surely someone on our offensive staff can figure out a way to exploit that?
-
More Good News UPDATE: Ankle sprain confirmedHe also said that post snap reads require the receivers to adjust their routes as well. At Texas, Colt could see a route adjustment that Shipley or Quan Cosby could possibly make to get open, and trust them to take it. Post snap reads aren't all about the QB, though the QB has the biggest role... you also need your receivers to adjust on the fly.
Which is what I guess Massaquoi didnt do when Colt threw it deep and he ran the comeback.
-
what if Mangini gets off to another bad startI wouldnt be particularly surprised by a 0-5 start, even if I dont think that it will happen. The opponents next year are much tougher than the last 4 of last year, and the offense is still abysmal. Depending how the schedule works out, it could be very likely that the Browns start 0-5, as I doubt Harrison and JC will be able to carry the Browns all the way in games against teams who are better than (with the exception of Pittsburgh) 19th in rushing defense, and with better offenses.
However like others said, with the right offseason moves, our defense may be able to improve to a standard where we would still be in games come the 4th quarter, and can remain competitive with the ground game, as I dont see the passing game being a quick fix. I would still give Mangini the full season, although if the offense is still that bad I wouldnt mind MH stepping in that area at all.
-
More 1st Round MocksWhen I keep looking at the names, mocks etc, it all seems to point to Hayden, and i think that would be a excellent pick.
Corner is hard to play, but fairly easy to scout. Not many top corners that I can think of came in a bombed out.
Some may not have been the best ever, but they usually end up pretty darn good players who end up giving you 10 years of soild service barring some injury.
There is no reason to think Joe Hayden is any different. If we draft him he steps in day 1 and solidifies the corner position...which is a pretty good position to be solid.
Think back to the Bernie era...Dixson and Minni...those are the guys who made that D.
When you can man up on the outside, it gives you many options with the backers and safeties.
I am more than good with that pick if it works out that way....and it has nothing to do he is and I am a Gator. I am a Cleveland Brown first and foremost.
I agree. Look at the 2nd Pittsburgh game. Both corners played man coverage well, and the result was 8 sacks. And picking Haden over Bryant reduces the bust factor. How many top 10 recievers bust compared to CBs?
-
Holy Crap! WTF!To answer one of Kosars original questions, the defending champs getting beat by a 1-11 team has happened once or twice I think. They showed a stat on tv last night, only 4 times in history have the defending champs been beaten by a team 10 games under .500, and the last time it happened was in 1997.
-
Grudens Take on the BrownsMoot point. He's signed an extension with ESPN
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true
-
D'Qwell Jackson out for seasonSorry peen i thought the deadline was 4pm
-
D'Qwell Jackson out for seasonMaybe now we'll at least get to see Veikune....to bad the trade window is shut otherwise im sure theres gotta be some Jet that Mangini would have brought across instead
-
The MeasurementI dunno if it this is the actual rule, but some guy in the stream chat said the 10 yard marking is actually the orange chain, not the big flag, which if true means it goes against what probably 99% of fans think the rule is
-
Wilson: Browns rule out Dawson, HeidenWimbleys out : http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=10008
"PITTSBURGH - The Browns will be without Kamerion Wimbley for today's game in Pittsburgh.
Wimbley was downgraded to questionable Saturday due to an illness and was ruled out Sunday morning. His streak of 51 consecutive starts now ends.
Jason Trusnik will start in place of Wimbley.
The Browns' other inactives are Phil Dawson, Steve Heiden, Coye Francies, Gerard Lawson, Chris Jennings, Billy Yates and third QB Brett Ratliff. Rex Hadnot is active for the first time this season. "
What happened to Veikune? Who the hell is Trusnik?
-
I Thought He Missed It, Toojust to clarify the nfl network videos that go with the story say field goals cant be challenged if they go over the top of the posts, hence no challenge from mangini/booth
-
I Guarantee a Browns Loss VS the Ravens"I decided to get away with the other posting, and open a new one just so everyone can see that the Browns will never beat the Ravens. I am rooting for an 0-16 year, but down worry it will happen no matter which QB we have in. Oh yeah, I am a die-hard browns fan. I'm just in touch with reality enough to know that they suck and will continue to suck game after game. All it takes for me is watching their 1st game of the year and then I am able to perdict another pathetic season. The players have even admitted that they suck. What more do you need?!? Have a great day!"
Fukc you
-
Brownsbackers.comI checked today in preparation for Sundays game, and turns out that the site is up for sale, so I was wondering if there was an alternative site where links to the game would be posted
thanks
-
QB Answer Coming Soon"According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, neither of the two primary candidates for the job played in Thursday night's loss to the Bears."
Wait, so neither Quinn or Anderson were out there? How did I miss that? Good job Grossi is a razor sharp as he is, otherwise I would have completely missed it...