and get him off this piece of shit team with these piece of shit fans. Full disclosure, I am an Oklahoma State Alum and a Weeden fanboy. I truly dont know what you expect in Cleveland. Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die. When you try a new QB every year for 10 years in a row, just to see the QB fail year after year after year...i dunno, maybe just maybe its not the QB.
Do you know why Weeden was so successful at Oklahoma State? (he actually was very successful at OSU, look it up!) well since you all (I'm generalizing, I have seen 2 or 3 intelligent posters on this board) are so ignorant, let me spell it out for you.
1) Had all day to throw the ball
2) Had WR's that could catch the ball
3) Had WR's that could get into open space and gain yards after the catch
4) Had a running game that opened up the offense and kept the D guessing
Lets address these issues individually.
1) Had all day to throw the ball
Weeden has been sacked what? 11 times in 2 games. I dont care who you are, if you dont have time to throw the ball and are running for your life all game, you will not be successful. That said, I have seen Weeden show that he has the biggest balls on the team by standing in the pocket and getting the pass off just in time before getting rocked...only to have the ball hit the WR in the hands and drop it. And that takes us to #2...
2) Had WR's that could catch the ball
You all want to put the blame on Weeden, but how many first downs were missed because of dropped passes. I think there was around 60+ yards missed out on because of dropped passes (just this game). If I were Weeden, I woud strictly throw to only Cameron, he is the only one who has proven to be reliable. I would also demand to have Josh Cooper on the field. If you think he is any worse than the monkeys with no thumbs out there dropping passes right now, then you have your head too far up your ass.
3) Had WR's that could get into open space and gain yards after the catch
either the browns have played the 2 best cover D's in the league, or the Browns WR's cant get open for shit. (hint, its the latter) And how about YACs?? someone want to break a tackle?? Bueler??
4) Had a running game that opened up the offense and kept the D guessing
All I hear is that Weeden was such a wasted pick, yet I dont hear anything about mr 105 yards in 2 games. This is clearly a combination of 2 things, that oh so terrible O-line and T Rich trying to hard...has anyone told him that he isnt Barry Sanders? The only moves T Rich is making, is to the bench in every fantasy league around the country.
So all that being said...flame me please, I dont mind. I cant lie and say that if Weeden were elsewhere that he would be putting up Peyton Manning numbers, but at least he would have the opportunity. If you think Johnny Football is going to be your savior, please look at the bigger picture. Thats all that I am asking for, I dont deny that Weeden should take some of the blame, but lets break it down. I say Weeden gets 20% of the blame, he has only had a couple completely terrible passes. O-Line gets 30%, WRs get 25% and TRich gets 25%. You cant think that changing 20% of the problem is going to fix anything.
If the browns are going to suck anyway, they really need to prepare for the future. Quit wasting every pick on a QB, you need to start building up the Oline. a stronger Oline is going to give any QB, whoeever it is, more time and is going to open up holes for the RB. IMO the browns can have a mediocre Weeden for a couple more years while they build up the line and go for a QB in a few years.
But if you want to burn another pick on JFF or any other QB, by all means go ahead, but please Please PLEASE get Weeden out of this hell hole. I would rather see him be a backup for a good team, than start another game in Cleveland.
