Had to get rid of McCown though, otherwise we would be in quarterback limbo again because he would win us a few games and we wouldn't be any closer to getting our franchise quarterback. Hope Dorsey can draft a franchise quarterback!
UGA
Posts
-
Kiser not the reason folks. -
Kiser not the reason folks.I forgot to mention those stats for Kizer included three games with Josh Gordon and I do not think we had him last year at all....
-
Kiser not the reason folks.Welcome... please learn what is and is not an "excuse". Also what a "lover" is.
Kizer has simply been the best option we have on our roster. He made progress through much of the season... at least thru the GB game. Today? I can't say I saw any... I just saw over-adrenalized rookie errors.
As for Kess... I tried checking your math, but was stymied as you did not show your work. Kess had essentially the same cast of skill players except Njoku and Pryor in place of Britt. Pretty sure that on balance that is not "less".
Hi. Thanks for the greeting. The terms "excuse" and "lover" are rather subjective and not specifically aimed at a post you may have made. Kessler had a completion percentage of 64% in 2016 with 6 TD's and 3 INT's (Passer rating of 87). Through the Green Bay game, Kizer has a completion percentage of 54% with 9 TD's and 17 INT's (Passer rating of 61). I haven't added Kizer's stats from the Ravens game, but he went 20 of 37 which is a 54% completion percentage (weird I've heard that 54% number somewhere) with 2 INT's and 0 TD's......
Thank you for proving my point though. You referenced Kizer making progress this year, but needed the stats to show Kessler was making more progress than Kizer in their rookie years respectively. Again, I do not believe Kessler is our QB and I do not believe we give up on Kizer, but I do not see him being the future.
I do agree with you that they essentially had the same cast of skill players, but Kessler had them all in their rookie years and they are supposed to show that progress that you mentioned and would be better in their 2nd year. Plus, it was a new offense for the rest of the non-rookies on offense last year and should be easier in the second year for those same players now. I also believe your forgetting Kizer has a better offensive line this year than Kessler had last year. Kizer also benefits from having a better total defense this year (allowing an average of 25.8 points a game) compared to the defense allowing an average of 28.3 points last year. So yes, I would stick with the quarterback had "less" last year than this year comment. I think this qualifies as showing my work.
-
Kiser not the reason folks.9 with 6 lost
-
Kiser not the reason folks.New to the board here. I find it interesting that the Kizer lovers never talk about how he leads the league in interceptions (even though he has been pulled from games and sat the bench for one too) or how he ranks 35th in the league in completion percentage.......I know this is not all on Kizer, as we are terrible in multiple areas, but I keep hearing all these excuses for him, but Kessler did more with less last year. Now I do not believe Kessler is the answer, or that he should even be starting, but he at least played better IMO. Am I the only one who thinks this or what?