choco full of my nuts---I fixed my stupid mistake pretty easily using the edit feature. Wouldn't it be great if you could fix your own stupidity as easily?
Umadogg1
Posts
-
Aj mccarron -
Aj mccarronHoorta---Well, it is April. The California hills are green, the desert flower are blooming, and every Brownie fan you meet has a prediction on his lips about Cleveland no longer being a last place team. Happens every year. So why should this year be any different? You could quadruple your win total and still finish in last place, right?
-
Aj mccarronWestside Steve---Yeah, the old AOL boards. Where you guys used to defend Art Modell on a near daily basis....treated everyday like it was still 1964...cast your fan support with Bernie Kosar over Bill Belichick...and used to predict Don Rogers would be a HOF safety someday. Good times.
Hoorta---Don't blame me. Gipper says you traded for Osweiler to be your new starter. Kept bragging about his playoff experience. I just thought it was funny how the Texans owner said he was shocked anyone would trade for the guy in the first place. I bet every GM in the NFL has your teams phone number on speed dial now.
Tour---I'm starting to think you're deliberately trying to hurt my feelings.
Hoorta---Is Zombo still predicting the 1-15 Brownies win every game? Do people still fall for the gag by taking him seriously? BTW, my 2 year old prediction that the Browns are two years away from being two years away still stands.
-
Aj mccarronLondon---Why on Earth would your team trade for a QB who couldn't beat out Tom Savage? And speaking of Osweiler, didn't the owner of the Texans just admit a few days ago how "shocked" he was to learn ANY team would trade for him?
D Bone---Can I assume the only reason any Brownie fan cares about Osweiler is because his wife is hot?
Tour---Did I mention the swimming pool?
-
Aj mccarronHoorta---Yeah, you're trading for Aaron Rodgers. That must be it. Oh, and when that trade happens the Browns won't overpay, right? Because despite decades of futility and a current 1-15 record you've still got your pride, ehh? As for Hue motor mouthing, one of his jobs is making it seem like the Brownies are doing everything they can to improve. Who am I to argue if you think it's nothing but a dog and pony show?
Mud---Are you still disengaging? It's so hard to tell.
-
Aj mccarronMud---I agree it's time for you to disengage. You've started to sound like Gipper and even he wasn't dumb enough to quote himself. As for resuming the conversation if the Browns trade for McCarron, well....wouldn't that be rich?
-
Aj mccarronMud---I guess the point of my visit was to get some sense of the level of interest Brownie fans might have in trading for a QB who could accelerate your teams rebuilding effort. To my surprise there doesn't seem to be any. Most of you seem content to wallow in your misery for a few more years if the alternative would cost a draft pick or two.
Tour---Of course I have sports car(s). And a big fancy house too. It's pathetic, right?
-
Aj mccarronMud---I assumed you were smart enough to realize Hue can't speak openly or at length about players under contract to another team. Did I give you too much credit?
Tour---Stop guessing. You're only embarrassing yourself. I live in Thousand Oaks, California. Perhaps someday you'll borrow the money needed to visit.
-
Aj mccarronMud---Google Hues comments from the recent owners meetings where he expresses hope that previously discussed trade options are still viable. Who do you think he was talking about? Or don't you care? As for Hue being a miserable evaluator of talent based upon his fondness for RG3, Kessler, and others? I won't argue the point. Nor will I defend Sashi and the rest as their track record seems just as poor. .
Tour---Do you have a problem with people from Kentucky? If so I suggest you take it up with someone from that state. Myself, my entire experience with the state is limited to having driven through it from time to time so I'm no position to judge whether you're smarter or dumber than the average hillbilly.
-
Aj mccarronMud---From Garappolo to McCarron, you seem to have no interest in discussing players your head coach openly covets and wants to trade for. And there's the rub because all I'm doing is taking the actions of Hue Jackson seriously. To be fair, if you think Hue is a powerless joke whose opinions don't need to be considered I won't strongly disagree, but even if true you have to admit his opinion carries more weight than that of a fan.The only question remaining is how much weight does his opinion have with Sashi, the guy who passed on Wentz, and Prescott. As for hindsight, I didn't come her to discuss Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Derek Carr, or any other QB your team mistakenly passed on. Rather, those names were brought up by an idiot Brownie fan attempting to change the subject.
Tour---Well, there's another post you've written totally devoid of content. Can you blame me if I conclude it's the only thing you're capable of?
-
Aj mccarrontiamat---Of course I can't find fault with anything you said. Blessed with perfect hindsight you admitted a mistake was made, and even went so far as to note how other mistakes were made as well. And by telling the truth it makes you different than Gipper, D-Bone, gumby, Tour, and the rest.
Mud---Don't think of this thread as being about a QB you don't want. Think of it as yet another thread about the QB you don't have. And over the past dozen years there must have been hundreds of those, right?
Tex---So you became a willing and knowing fan of a 1-15 football team while your siblings became Bronco fans? I can only imagine how difficult this must make your conversations during Thanksgiving dinner. That said, I liked the way you described becoming a Brownie fan as getting in on the ground floor, and out of respect I won't point out how as a fan of a 1-win team you're actually in the basement.
Tour---I see you wrote another post devoid of content. Sadly, that seems to be your habit. Happily, this time you didn't fantasize about me or offer some humble brag about your post count.
-
Aj mccarronHoorta---If hindsight were always 20/20 you'd be willing to admit passing on Prescott was a mistake. Instead you've tossed out a half dozen Gipper-like excuses explaining why it wasn't, including blasting away at a mostly new WR corp that Sashi also drafted.
Tour---You're the only one claiming I've won anything, pretend or otherwise. I haven't bothered, mostly because there's no glory to be had besting the likes of Gipper, gumby, and you.
-
Aj mccarrongumby---Of course I'll get off your lawn. For nearly a decade I've let this board wallow peacefully in it's own irrelevance, and I'm only here now for the McCarron debate. And because the Browns are likely to prefer whatever option is cheapest...(overdraft a rookie)....the odds of me leaving peacefully in less than a month are very good.
Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.
Tex---I'm sure Westside Steve isn't the only Brownie fan willing to admit the truth about Sashi and company. Sadly, no rational Brownie fan has bothered to respond in this thread, thereby denying me the opportunity to agree.
-
Aj mccarronTour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.
-
Aj mccarronTex---I take no pride in punking the likes of Gipper. But I do find him to be a useful tool due to his willingness to spin everything regardless of the harm it does to his credibility. And in that way he's no different than choco, D Bone, or even Hoorta. Brownie fans who won't admit a mistake was made even when blessed with the gift of hindsight. As for your own ability to morph from outsider to insider, I admit I'm a bit curious how that happened. Didn't you come here initially as a fan of Johnny Football who wanted to follow his exploits in the pros? And if so, doesn't that bring your own credibility into question? How were you able to become a respected member of this board after first introducing yourself as a huge Manziel fan? Is it simply another example of misery loving company?
-
Aj mccarronTex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?
TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.
Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.
-
Aj mccarronHoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.
-
Aj mccarronTex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.
-
Aj mccarronchoco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."
Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.
-
Aj mccarronGipper---You seem hung up on the fact the Bengals have a backup QB who may be as good as their starter. Considering how Dalton has played in 2 Pro Bowls I don't see the downside. In fact, it's probably only a matter of time before this board starts a thread about the Browns trading for the Bengals 3rd string QB, Jeff Driskel, since he was rated about the same as Cody Kessler before the Browns drafted Kessler 3 rounds too soon. As for the rest, the last time I checked the Browns were still a 1-15 team, and that was before you lost your only productive WR.