What we can accomplish this year is to win 2 games, maybe 3.
The entire team needs to be fired, released, let go. We don't have a single player that could start for the Steelers or Ravens.
What we can accomplish this year is to win 2 games, maybe 3.
The entire team needs to be fired, released, let go. We don't have a single player that could start for the Steelers or Ravens.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php
We need to spend the #1 pick on an offensive lineman.
Plain Dealer ArticleWonder if there is any truth to this.
Yes, he assults the very concept of good player every time he walks on the field. He is a coward and should be released along with Quinn and Jamal AARP Lewis.
Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM
Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM
Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM
Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM
Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM
Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM
Here is Tom V.s non-emotional look forward.
Buffalo Lions, KC, Oakland, Cincy and Jacksonville are games in which the Browns have a resonable chance of winning, at least 50 / 50 overall. You don't have to be Nostra-dumbass to figure @ 50/50 that means 2 wins for the pessimist, 3 wins for the optimist.
Common sense tells you that the Browns are simply not good enough to win the majority of 5 games they can win so teh smart bet is that they will take 2 out of those 5. The batle of Ohio has always produced wierd, unpredictable outcomes so Ciny may be a good chance for a win.
In the old days the Browns were always good for an unexpected upset win at least once each year, but with quite possibly the lowest talent level of any NFL team upsetting someone like the Steelers, Chargers or Ravens is an outcome even Walt Disney wouldn't touch.
If things go as planned the Browns will win 2 games this year. If they really play above themselves we could see as many as 4 wins. Of course, unfortunately 4 - 12 is no more probable than 0 - 16.
I'' say we beat KC and Cincy and ifnish 2 - 14
<<DA, now with nearly 30 starts, has only once beaten a team with a winning record.>>
Quinn didn't do well in big games at ND
<We're eventually going to have to beat teams with winning records.>
Why do you say that? The Browns stink, eventually has nothing to do with improving. We could stink like this for years.
<Why is it so hard to believe that Quinn could be a bust? Plenty of guys he was drafted near are all ready pretty much busty.>Here's is why. It took Ol Goolie quite a few years to figure this one out, but I think I finally got it. A fan is by definition usually devoid of logic when it comes to his own team. This isn't an insult, it is the truth. For the same reason liberals can't face Obama being a failure, Browns fans can't face Quinn going down the tubes.
Many fans spend the entire off season dreaming of touchdowns, Steeler ass-kickings and a return to glory. It isn't a blind love for Quinn man, it is a blind love for the Browns. If Quinn busts it has nasty repricussions for teh fan; it means more ridicule and crap results.
Where I differ from a lot of you is that for a variety of reasons I am more than willing to air out with you, right or wrong, my emotional connection to the Browns died when Cleveland boo'd Bill Belichik and Vinny T on Monday night against the bills one beautiful, upper-deck october night.
I admit that I originally thought Lerner would be great. This was one of the few things I missed on. I turned against him in 2002 and his son is a turd off of the same butt squeeze. But I digress; without the emotional component I come at things form a different angle. Is it better? Shit, who cares? Our team blows.
I will say one thing to all of you, and if you believe otherwise then honestly you really don't know how the world works. Cleveland fans love the fantasy concept of an owner who sits back and puts the control of the team into the hands of the football men.
Do you honestly think that Billionaires get to be billionaires but just turning their companies over to any Tom, Dick and Harry that comes along? Do you really think the billionaires are nonchalant?
Emotional fans hate guys like Modell and Jerry Jones for mettling. I would rather have either of those guys than the turd we have. At least Modell loved football and more importantly, Browns football. At least his dumb ass moments came because his emotions clouded his better judgement.
Emotion? Ah yea, as I said, a fan is emotional and logic doesn't always apply.
In 1995 I was blasted for asking Baltimore to keep the Browns name while forcing Cleveland's team to adopt a new name?
Why? Because WITHOUT the emotional tie to the past Lerner would have faced fans who, after a couple years watching the Cleveland Limestone-heads go 3 - 13 would have boo'd Lerner out of town. Instead? After 10 years of the worst football imaginable, emotional fans are actually hopeful that this latest loss has some building points.
I ain't gonna insult anyone. I used to be one of those fans and I wish I knew how to go back to those times. I really do.
What has happened to the Browns is sad. What is inexcusable is that there really is no fix in sight.
Tom V. (Get it while it lasts)
There were only seven players picked between BQ and Craig "Buster" Davis, who the Chargers have seemingly given up on. Robert Meachem (five picks after Quinn) isn't exactly seeing 1st-team snaps/balls in NO. Alan Branch (11 after BQ) isn't in the Cards' plans as far as I know. John Beck and Drew Stanton, taken 18 and 21 picks after BQ respectively, aren't in ANYONE'S future plans.
Late first round QB draft picks have a piss poor track record (save for Aaron Rodgers). BQ, Losman, Grossman...all busts, all recent late first-round picks. Also, he was picked like 10 picks before the second round. And the second round is where quarterbacks are drafted to die. The list of round 2 busts is so long Stan would need additional server space to house said list.
Draft picks bust, especially QBs in that region of the draft. Shit happens. I'm ready to move on.
You may ask why some guys (the shitty JaMarcus Russell) get a longer leash? because the difference between 1 and 22 might as well be a thousand.