October 1 it is. Thanks for the advice. I hope to see many of you there. It's my first trip to the new stadium.
WVa Browns Fan
Posts
-
I can go to one home game this year. Which would be best to tailgate? -
I can go to one home game this year. Which would be best to tailgate?Opening day is the game I was leaning towards.
-
I can go to one home game this year. Which would be best to tailgate?My work told me to choose one Browns home game this year to take my family to and I can use their club seats. I want to tailgate with the Browns Board. Which game would be a good choice?
Thanks
-
Why hasn't this team embraced Osweiler?Ghoolie says a lot of things to get people riled, and quite a bit of it is far from humorous, but Brock CockWhistler is laugh out loud funny.
-
Pryor to RedskinsOn one hand, I like the fact that our analytics department has figured out the true value of players. They set a price point, and wouldn't go over it. They basically told Pryor's camp to go out and do better, and obviously they haven't been able to. On the down side, I would've liked this deal done already. It just feels like we paid Britt the money we set aside for Pryor, and then the huge bucks for Zeitler, the center, and of course the Brock debacle. Can't see us spending any more money on offense. If we sign any other players, I see it coming on the defensive side of the ball.
Debrockle.
-
Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)Meet you in the middle at "desirable byproduct?"
The problem of course is that barring a standout QB prospect,which appears to be the case at present, then the first pick is not worth what it otherwise would be.
Of course were there a standout QB prospect, I can't imagine us not tabbing him...
I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....
(and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?
Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope
I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......
Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that
I don't think we are tanking the season, I think we just stink. But, for the sake of conversation, what if that was the plan before the season started, when Watson was a stone cold lead pipe lock to be number one and now, near the end of the college football season, that's changed and it's too late to change course? Maybe we positioned ourselves well for the next draft and then Watson played himself out of the top spot, leaving us with our peters in our hands.
-
Browns Bringing In Al Saunders As Senior Offensive Assistant (Official) -
Minny Blocks Coach From Coming To Browns -
Paxton LynchAs for the Navy game, Goff had a similar loss this year and Cook is no longer undefeated. Hell, Johnny might ball out for the rest of the season and we might not have to worry about it. I'm just glad JM is too young to rock a 'stache of that magnitude.
-
Paxton LynchMemphis' coach is likely to get poached this offseason, so Lynch might have to take that into consideration. Plus, I feel like this was a fairytale season for Memphis. It's not like Lynch would be returning to compete for a national championship. Also, if that 'stache goes unchecked for another year, it might hurt his draft status.
-
Paxton LynchI know it's early, but I have been indulging in some mock drafts lately, and more than one has us taking Paxton Lynch from Memphis. I wouldn't hate this pick, a la Weeden and Manzel, but if we are to go that route, he has to lose the mustache; it is legitimately creepy as hell. Google it and tell me I'm wrong.
-
Mingo and his agent UPSET about playing timeI'm a little upset about most of the time he has spent playing.
-
Browns Fire Eric ManginiI was listening to the radio (ESPN) on the way home from work today and Marty Morninweg's name was mentioned as possibly a strong candidate for our head coaching vacancy. I pulled over just in time to violently throw up. When the episode had passed, it occured to me that if we are in fact going to hire another half-a$$ed head coach, we must have a plan. Then I hatched a plan. We will keep Brian Daboll as Offensive Coordinator. Since we will most likely lose Rob Ryan in the offseason, we will hire his father, 77 year old Buddy Ryan, as defensive coordinator. Next, we hire Tom Cable, who will most likely be let go by Oakland, as Head Coach. Now, we can look forward to watching Buddy and Tom repeatedly punch Brian on the sideline. In the face.
-
Defensive backsInstead of pressing Haden into action, the defensive staff should replace Eric Wright with a delicious bag of potato chips. When opposing players run deep routes, they may stop to grab a handful of chips and forget to continue running to the endzone. This tactic may prevent more TD receptions than Wright has all season!
-
Cribbs (injury aside) is dancing too muchDoes anyone else remember Dante Hall? I am a Cribbs fan because of the way he handled the media last year when he was asked about making more money, but a dropoff in the production of return men, even the most accomplished ones, is not unprecedented. I hope he can continue to contribute to the organization; I was very proud of him last year on the field and off of it.