Tatupa is a MLB...and I've heard that DQ is our projected Sam backer. I believe Gocong is our MLB.
xfl2001fan
Posts
-
Rodgers And Tatupa -
What Do You Think Of The Browns Strategy?Is there no middle ground on this board?

I'm not happy with (overall) how the Browns havr been run. I think that H&H are on the right track. For the guy who mentions weapons...they did bring in Hillis last year. I would have liked to see a WR added...but that's out of my hands. If you don't have a line...you can't protect the QB or open holes for the RB... So it doesn't matter who the WR is. Jones struggles to consistently catch the ball. Didn't we have one of those ultra-talented WR's on this roster? Didn't the Jets just let him go?
Just some random thoughts.
-
Jordan NorwoodHe's quicker than he is fast...and his size is a concern...but you can say the same of Wes Welker too. Getting separation is key for our WRs in the WCO. Hopefully he can help opass this skill onto the other guys in camp.
-
Hodges Carted Off The FieldOut for the season...
-
Rodgers And TatupaI know I've been talking Rogers for a little while now...and I wouldn't mind bringing Tatupa in on an incentive based contract...and let the best man win the job at MLB. When healthy, dude is a beast.
-
Broderick Bunkley To The Browns!Major FA signings haven't helped but a handful of teams over the years. Steelers sign almost no one from outside the organization. Patriots rarely shell out big price for big names. (Gave up mid range pick for Randy Moss...and traded a bag of Doritos for Albert Haynseworth.). They acquire talent by making modest moves to FA at reasonable prices. They don't sign Nnamdi to a 60M contract.
-
Browns Will Be A Major Disappointment This YearTrades suck? That's based on perspective. Since 99, overall, yup. Since Heckert got here? Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, Peyton Hillis have been very good for the team.
I am sick of the losing...and the regime changes. I think that Holmgren and Heckert make for a nice tandem...though I also admit that it's still too early to tell.
I was not big on Colt McCoy...but I'm warming to him. I LOVE the Browns trade down with Atlanta. Julio Jones is a WR who has the tools but struggles with inconsistent hands. I had my fill of Edwards...so no thanx.
I'm hoping that H&H can change this culture we have here. I like (but don't love) most of their moves so far. (Still not sold on Brandon Jackson).
-
Broderick Bunkley To The Browns!Before Bunkley...Eagles spent YEARS in the 20's in run defense (as a Browns fan, I can sympathize). Once he became a starter, they were Top 10. A 5th round draft pick is worth that to me.
-
Available Fa Who Should We SignYup...the WR market is closed. If we get a WR...Steve Smith (NYG) would be an intriguing option.
Would still like Carlos Rogers (CB). I think he's a guy who could challenge for the #2 slot.
I wouldn't mind seeing us get another DE.
All of this is (of course) dependent on the price. I don't want to overpay for any of these guys.
-
Max Starks Cut. Could He Help Browns At RtWhen is the last time the Steelers let a FA go that had a quality career after the fact? Joey Porter had 1 good year. I think Rod Woodson had a few good years. Plaxico Burress...maybe. I'd rather not have one of their castoffs. There's a reason why these guys are let go.
-
Michael Jenkins Was Cut By Falcons20 TD's over 7 years = less than 3 TD's per season. Even if you throw out the first two years...over the course of 5 seasons...that'd still be 4 TD's per year (or one per 4 games.)
I'm thinking this is not the least big intriguing.
I wanted Harvey Dahl...but he's apparently gone to the Rams...so don't they have another FA OL? Their LG? We could use him on our right side as well.
-
To All My Fellow Cleveland Fans -
Browns Quietly Looking For A Veteran Rt CandidateTyson Clabo (Atlanta) is out of the equation now. He has resigned.
-
Report: Browns To Sign Usama YoungOh we are gonna sign Abe Elam for another Abe Elam, typical browns move.
Yes, we have yet to resign the 30 year old Safety...and instead signed...a 26 year old safety (but faster.)
Neither guy is going to be a star in this league...and there's nothing saying we still won't re-sign Elam.
I still wish we'd nab JJ (to get him away from the Bungles and improve our pass coverage).
-
Report: Browns To Sign Usama YoungPersonal insults from the Atheist? How surprising.

K.
I agree...he's an idiot. What does his name mean in the grand scheme of things? A rose by any other name would still smell just as sweet.
************************************
ESPN Rumor Central has Browns as front runner for Edwards.
UPDATE: The 4-3 defensive end market is dwindling. A top heavy free agent class has already seen most of its priority players sign with teams.
Charles Johnson re-signed with Carolina. Jason Babin returned to Philadelphia. Mathias Kiwanuka stayed in New York. Ray Edwards will land in Cleveland?
According to Vic Carruci, host of Browns Daily on ESPN Cleveland WKNR and staff writer clevelandbrowns.com, said on-air that he has heard reports the Browns are close to signing the Ohio native which was confirmed by radio personality LeCharles Bentley.
Scout.com's John Holler reiterates the current rumor.
"Word from the bowels of the Rust Belt is that the Cleveland Browns are inquiring and, by some accounts, have either made or are exchanging offers with Edwards and his people."
The Browns have been coy about their movements during free agency. They have remained quiet to the public instead of making a splash.
The reason may be their determination to sign Edwards instead of letting the market play out in the public's eye.
Meanwhile, the potential of Edwards signing in Cleveland leaves a void in Atlanta's defense who was believed to be the top suitor for the DE's services.
"The Falcons are rumored to be more concerned about spreading money around to sign some of their own UFAs, as opposed to raising the bar on re-signing future free agents by throwing eight figures of guaranteed money at 'an outsider' that wasn?t part of their 2010 success," Holler finished.
UPDATE: With the recent (as in a few minutes ago) signing of Charles Johnson to the Carolina Panthers, defensive end Ray Edwards is now in the driver's seat when it comes to naming his team and price.
The team he is discussing the most, at least publicly?
"Ray edwards raving about the Browns. (It) would be a nice fit," Sirius Radio's Adam Schein tweeted.
Atlanta is believed to be the top suitor for Edwards' services, but Cleveland is as desperate at defensive end as the Falcons. Plus, Cleveland has more money to spend being reportedly $30 million dollars under the new salary cap.
Or this could all be a ploy to use what ample leverage Edwards currently possesses.
- Brent Sobleski
-
Report: Browns To Sign Usama YoungESPN EXPERT TAKE: Young has provided New Orleans good depth and the occasional start. He is a good-sized safety with excellent straight-line speed but looks a bit stiff in the hips and legs when trying to break down or change directions for tight coverage. He still needs work on his route recognition skills and will bite on too many fakes. He will show good ball skills but can be inconsistent when tracking the ball deep.
One of the reasons for the move to safety (supposedly) was because he wasn't fluid enough to play NFL corner. He's faster than Elam...but I don't know that he's better.
I think that if we sign Jonathan Joseph and move Sheldon Brown to FS...this is a good signing for depth purposes. But...if he's expected to start...I'm not 100% sold.
-
FlasdfhclkhHey everyone, so seeing as I'm 23, just got into grad school, and still am without a car, it appears that I'm about to get my feet wet for the first time in my life. I've been pretty much paying my way through everything since I started college, but now I'm going to be off my parents' insurance, and I'm going to need a car, plus insurance... I'm a bit worried since I'll be pulling in a measly 760 per paycheck before taxes. So if you could help me with any or all of the following topics, it'd really be appreciated.
Food Stamps
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be eligible for these with all the bills that I'll have to be paying, if so, that would be a godsend.
I assume you are single (as in non-married) and have no kids. If this is the case, don't be so sure you'll get it. How often do you get paid? Weekly, bi-weekly or bi-monthly?
Insurance
Okay, so the school says that they've got my life insurance covered. I imagine that means I don't have to worry about payments. I suppose it'd be best to ask another grad student.
If I'm still claimed by my parents, I might be able to fall under their home insurance, but I'm not sure I want to do this. If I go my own way, I'd probably end up doing renter's insurance. The neighborhood I'm moving into had 3 armed robberies in the last month, so I'm thinking it'd be a really, really great idea to be insured for the worst case scenario.
For car insurance... I have no xxxxing clue what a good deal is. Do you have any recommendations on who to go to for auto insurance? I know that it sucks for me because I'm a <25 year old male, but I've been told that your premiums go up if you have a 2-door because it's considered a sports car. Which brings me to my next question...
Don't assume about the life insurance. You need to find out how you're covered and through who. You also need to ensure that you have someone listed as the beneficiary. Especially if your parents are divorced.
If you live with your parents, you will fall under their home insurance. If you are living on your own, you will not. In that case, you will need renters insurance. As for car insurance, expect to pay. You are under 25 and unless you've taken a safe-driving course, you won't get any breaks. I use Safe Auto...it's relatively cheap. That being said, if you are still in college, your parents may be able to cover you cheaper than you can get on your own. (You'd have to pay them the difference.) Car Insurance rates are dependent on a lot of variables. Marital status, dependents, where you live, your age, your sex and (of course) your driving record. Don't be afraid to shop around.
Car
Okay, so I don't have a car. I've been looking on craigslist here and there over the past two years, but all I can find for <$3000 are pieces of shit (no surprise). My mom suggested I lease a car. Are the only differences between leasing and buying (1) you don't have as big of a down payment and (2) you just don't own it? Also, I hear European cars have been shit, lately, I imagine I'll go with a Japanese or American car.
Kind of exciting, kind of scary. Thanks in advance.
Cars are not cheap. However, you can go and get some older cars that tend to last. 10 years ago, I bought a 1990 Honda Accord that had 150K miles on it...ran it for another 5 years (and another 150K miles) before trading it in. My 2000 Cavalier that I bought new lasted for well over 170K miles...before it was totaled in an accident.
Honda Accord
Toyota Corola
Chevy Cavalier
Had a lot of great experiences with those types of vehicles.
-
With The 1St And 4Th Pick In The Nba DraftIronically enough, it's a basketball thread in the Browns Forum (instead of the NBA forum).
-
Yet Another Bengal In The NewsCan you imagine just how gawdawful Cincy will be next year if they don't have Benson or Carson in the lineup.
-
Predictions For Remaining 2010 Draft Picks And 2011 Draft PicksThe one thing I will cherry pick on this is Montario Hardesty's stats. Even if he is healthy, 5.0 YPC seems a bit high for a guy that never saw 5.0 YPC in college.