Apparently all the London games went on sale at the same time and there was a queue with 250000 people trying to buy tickets.
Yorkie going tot dogs
Posts
-
Browns going to London next year -
Browns going to London next yearEnjoy! He and David Crosby were terrific together!
Yes I've got some stuff by him, they featured well in the Woodstock film which I absolutely love. If ever a film caught a particular moment in time and what was going on in the world, it's that one. Brilliant and funny in parts. Only just found out that Neil Young performed part of their set with them but didn't want to feature in the film.
-
Browns going to London next yearTickets are on sale now, have any of you got yourselves sorted out all ready? Can't believe my luck, the only Sunday of the season where I already have sommet planned and it's the Sunday that Browns are in London. Off to see Graham Nash in York. Was looking forward to visiting Tottenham in full relaxed mode unlike when I've been there with Leeds when you have to be alert to the possibility that you might get attacked.
-
Browns going to London next yearDon't know if this is any use to anyone on here but you can register with Tottenham for a ticket alert for the Browns game so you can get in early. Can't imagine these tickets will be hanging around long. If any of you are travelling across the pond for this and want to meet up let us know I'll be happy to show you the sights, sounds and fine boozers serving fine ales(our ale isn't warm, it's ambient temperature, if you chill it it doesn't taste right.) I might be in London for Friday evening depending on what shift I'm working. Otherwise will definitely be in town on the Saturday.
-
Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football Moviesif I heard correctly. The winner of today's stage at The La Tour. Was from The Isle Of Man, Strange coincidence
Yes Mark Cavendish broke the number of stage wins record held by Eddie Merxs. It's a brilliant story considering it looked like his career was over a few years back. I enjoy watching the tour highlights but I've not had chance as I'm working afternoon shift. It was very well received when it came to Yorkshire, 30000 people were watching from Holme Moss which is a steep climb in the pennines and made it look like a stage in the alps. Seen some brilliant photos of it in Yorkshire one particular of the peleton doing the climb up Haworth high street (town made famous by the Bronte sisters) hundreds of riders crammed on this narrow road between the old stone houses.
-
Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football Moviessports that used to be free (A Big Fuck You To NBC) You now have to pay for. La Tour Da France and a lot of the Olympic will be on nbc's pay station peecock
As daft as it sounds, one of the Tour Stages started in York in 2014, it snaked through the city center before heading up to my side of the city and I managed to get some good photos of the top riders as they passed on the main road near my house. It was only a procession at this point, they started racing once they reached the country side. They regularly start the Tour de France outside France and ours was one of three stages in England that year.
-
Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football Movieslittle bit as are others here and other places i visit, Cant watch it live unless you pay for it. So I just check highlights on youtube
Yes there's some brilliant stuff on Youtube, Mini documentaries, pod casts and highlight shows. The on bike camera footage is a particular favorite of mine.
-
Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football Moviesare the do Gooders still trying to shut that race down ?
They have been in the past, the year before last there was a lot of noise about it due to 4 fatalities at Ago's leap and maybe a couple of others at different parts of the course. The last couple of years have been quiet in that regard, I didn't hear of any fatalities this year after the one last year. One of the spectators had a very lucky escape last year as one of the riders went for a 170 mph slide down Bray Hill with his bike hitting a wall and breaking up, the front forks and wheel shot across the road glancing a spectators head, went through a window and landed in someone's front room. Hope they weren't sat in there watching telly. The spectator was treated for a gashed head. You're obviously familiar with this race?
-
Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football MoviesBest Sport documentary, is Closer to the Edge about the Isle of Man TT races. This short clip covers two big crashes, Connor Cummins flips over a wall doing over 150 mph and was back racing two years later after breaking his back in five places, dislocating his knee and breaking one of his arms. And Guy Martin managed to kick himself off his bike before it hit the wall and exploded. The fire ball scenes are right at the end of this clip. This is the maddest Motor race on the planet and this short clip shows you why. Was talking to an old boy in Houston who's a big fan of this event which surprised me as I didn't think it would be known of in USA.
-
2024 Browns ScheduleI went to New Orleans back in 2001, years before Hurricane Katrina.
It was the coolest dumpy town ever. I know that sounds strange, but if you go, you'll understand. Highly recommend it just on the history and the food. A real fun town.
I know what you mean, we do a daft lads weekend away every couple of years to Blackpool on the Lancashire coast. It's a run down shit hole apart from the sea front. Most of the pubs are shite anorl and we question ourselves as to why we keep going back. But we always have a great laugh regardless .
-
2024 Browns ScheduleWk 1: vs Dallas (Sunday 9/8 4:25pm)
Wk 2: @ Jacksonville (Sunday 9/15 1:00pm)
Wk 3: vs NY Giants (Sunday 9/22 1:00pm)
Wk 4: @ Las Vegas (Sunday 9/29 4:25pm)
Wk 5: @ Washington (Sunday 10/6 1:00pm)
Wk 6: @ Philadelphia (Sunday 10/13 1:00pm)
Wk 7: vs Cincinnati (Sunday 10/20 1:00pm)
Wk 8: vs Baltimore (Sunday 10/27 1:00pm)
Wk 9: vs LA Chargers (Sunday 11/3 1:00pm)
Wk 10: BYE WEEK
Wk 11: @ New Orleans (Sunday 11/17 1:00pm)
Wk 12: vs Pittsburgh (Thursday 11/21 8:15pm)
Wk 13: @ Denver (Monday 12/2 8:15pm)
Wk 14: @ Pittsburgh (Sunday 12/8 1:00pm)
Wk 15: vs Kansas City (Sunday 12/15 1:00pm)
Wk 16: @ Cincinnati (Thursday 12/19 8:15pm)
Wk 17: vs Miami (Sunday 12/29 8:15pm)
Wk 18: @ Baltimore (TBD)That New Orleans Sunday, and Pittsburg at home Thursday looks very inviting, will have a serious look at that. Heard nice things about New Orleans and I've managed to track down my old Cleveland friends anorl so another trip to't dogs could well be on the cards. Any opinions and ideas off you lot on New Orleans are welcome. Cheers.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?)As the fixture schedule is about to be announced tomorrow and Eagles play Green Bay in Brazil. This must shorten the odds slightly that our game against Jaguars could be one of the London Wembley games. I was looking into how long it's been since teams have played over here and New England have clocked the most years of teams that are on Jaguars home schedule this coming season. If it happens to be us that get the Wembley game any of you interested Browns fans will need to be right on the ball cos apparently when tickets went on sale last season they sold out in 2 days. The games in England are of interest to all NFL fans not just fans of the teams involved. When I've been in London when these games have been played in previous seasons you see fans in shirts of every team. Do tickets go on sale as soon as the schedule is confirmed or will there be a week or two while they sort out the friday/ Monday games etc? Cheers.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?) -
The Brownies in Brazil(?)PS-I really like Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and from Mexico Modelo Negra
Sam Smiths is brewed in Tadcaster 10 miles from my house, not a bad town for a slurp or two with some nice pubs.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?)I can get this here too. Sounds very good to me since I like high malt, low IPA.
Size 4-15 oz cansNot tried that one, I don't mind a Guiness now and again.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?)I went to a Scottish bar in Cincinnati a few years ago and ran into Belhaven beer.
Pretty damn tasty.
Very familiar with that one as it's sold all over Scotland and some times turns up in York as a guest ale. Will no doubt be sampling a few more when I go to Edinburgh in April.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?)...... "Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled". .....
If that's 7 straight I don't think you want to be near any bloodwork tests for awhile, lol. mjp.
It's this fizzy German beer, they're all like lagers, better than that Fosters rubbish that some of my mates drink. I can't wait to get on it before I come out then after a week of it I'm pining for a pint of Taylors Landlord or Exmoor Gold, the type of hand pulled real ale that I slurp at home with no fizz. Just 3 nights to go then fly back Monday if they aren't on strike. I can highly recommend Munich, lovely place.
-
The Brownies in Brazil(?)Brazil doesn't excite me. Germany would be a blast, & I heard Tottenham is great.
I think it'll be London this coming season, any of you chaps up for it if it happens. I'll pop down all weekend and show you round Londons finest boozers, I don't drink in shit holes and I have a vast experience of drinking all over that city through organising off season days out on the piss round there and hundreds of visits pissing it up around Leeds awsy matches. I must be one of the only Northern fans with more imagination than visiting the Dolphin, Mabels and Euston flyer. The English lads on here will know what I'm on about. Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled.
-
2024 Browns opponentsSorry if I missed it, how did you enjoy your time in Cleveland? I remember you posted you were looking for some good pubs/bars, just wondering where you went?
Had a right laugh, had a strole out to Brick and Barrel, had a walk out to Ohio City and went in The Angle. Went in Beerhead and Punch Bowl social and dished out some batterings to young uns and an old un on the dart board in Flannerys on East 4th. Was strange when I came out of their at 01.30 as I walked across the square all lit up, there wasn't a sole anywhere to be seen and next to no traffic anorl. Just seemed really peaceful for the centre of a big city. Didn't see anybody till I got back near the flats where there was a few party people mulling around. Everybody I met on the trip were brilliant and the hospitality was exceptional. Was funny when I had my Houston backers shirt on, other Browns fans looked right surprised when I opened my gob, had a couple of 'well you're not from Texas' comments. Went in Rock n Roll Hall of Fame which was excellent, must have spent over 4 hours in there and went in The Civil War memorial which was interesting. A very enjoyable holiday . Will see how the schedule falls and might pop back over a bit earlier in the season next time. Cheers.
-
2024 Browns opponentsAnother trip to Denver WTF. Other than that, it looks ok.
Browns/Denver have met 32 times prior, 18 in Denver. Denver is 25-7 vs Cle.
I heard a rumor the Browns might be playing in Germany next year.
I'm hoping they play Jaguars at Wembley. I think Vikings have the game in Germany. Been looking at our away games and several of them have MLS teams so that's got my cogs turning, the chance of some Browns action with some of our type of football thrown in could get me clocking up the miles again. Last trip came in just a bit short of 11,000 miles.

