@hiwaygal said:
From Webster's Dictionary:
Main Entry: loy·al
Pronunciation: \ˈlȯi(-ə)l\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French, from Old French leial, leel, from Latin legalis legal
Date: 1531
1 : unswerving in allegiance: as a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product
2 : showing loyalty
3 obsolete : lawful, legitimate
That's what loyalty is.
Your post above reeked of self-loathing caused by a team of which you claim to be a fan. If you are a loyal fan, even the sucky years are part of your heritage. When the wins come (and THEY WILL COME) they will be much sweeter. If you can't understand that, I have no idea how to explain it to you.
I am loyal to my hometown team. Because I always have been and always will be.
The Ravens ARE NOT the Browns. Art Modell took his team and left. That's not our team. We've moved on, unfortunately not forward, but onward.
We do not have to be humble. We have an amazing record of football history and fandom. We see what we could be, not what others want us to see.
You sound like you really want to be a fan of another team. Or a steeler fan who is trying to make us feel bad because our team is doing so poorly. Either that or you are too young to remember the glory days. Either way, if you want to hang your head in shame, go for it. Just don't do it while wearing your Browns hat, okay?
Yep, Yep, just the sort of mindless responses I would get. I don't remember the glory days? what does remembering games from twenty years ago do to help me feel better while I watch a team get their assess kicked for nine out of ten years?
I absolutely loved your post that said "When the wins come (and THEY WILL COME)" You are the exact reason why this town sucks. You just keep saying, year after year, that next year will be great. You MUST remain "loyal." How about not remaing loyal, not trying to think it will get better. If we all did that, how long would it take for these bums (Lerner all the way down) to figure it out they couldn't keep making millions of dollars a year for doing nothing. Go throw $80 down on a throwback and think you are cool.