Skip to content

White Sox unretire Aparicio’s No. 11 for Vizquel

The Tribe Board
13 4 1.6k
  • Still stunned about Robbie's omission, Bean? I kid.

    I think with Omar's extended farewell tour he's getting so much good will and "That guy should be a hall of famer" hubbub from the announcers and media, I can see him picking up that momentum and carrying it to the voting.

    Plus he's not exactly Bonds on the likeability scaled. Crazier things have happened.

  • Still stunned about Robbie's omission, Bean? I kid.

    I think with Omar's extended farewell tour he's getting so much good will and "That guy should be a hall of famer" hubbub from the announcers and media, I can see him picking up that momentum and carrying it to the voting.

    Plus he's not exactly Bonds on the likeability scaled. Crazier things have happened.

    @cimo. said:

    Still stunned about Robbie's omission, Bean? I kid.

    Hey now, it's not that at all. Just a delay.

    But really, I didn't give a thought to Alomar while posting that. I too can picture Omar riding a wave of good-will into the HOF. I still think it'll be a struggle and that there's no chance in hell he's voted in on the 1st ballot, but I'm not going to bet against it happening eventually.

    Beanpot

  • I have a question. I read this earlier yesterday and it's a great story but I swear that I read a few weeks ago that Omar signed with the Twins. I don't know where I am getting this and I am a bit confused (insert smart comments here) but if it wasn't Omar that signed with the Twins, can someone enlighten me as to if it was another former Indian that is going to Minnisota or has my brain finally frozen? 😵

    Not even sure if I shoulda posted this in this thread but I stuck it in anywho.

    Heidi

  • I have a question. I read this earlier yesterday and it's a great story but I swear that I read a few weeks ago that Omar signed with the Twins. I don't know where I am getting this and I am a bit confused (insert smart comments here) but if it wasn't Omar that signed with the Twins, can someone enlighten me as to if it was another former Indian that is going to Minnisota or has my brain finally frozen? 😵

    Not even sure if I shoulda posted this in this thread but I stuck it in anywho.

    Heidi

    @cowsrus said:

    I have a question. I read this earlier yesterday and it's a great story but I swear that I read a few weeks ago that Omar signed with the Twins. I don't know where I am getting this and I am a bit confused (insert smart comments here) but if it wasn't Omar that signed with the Twins, can someone enlighten me as to if it was another former Indian that is going to Minnisota or has my brain finally frozen? 😵

    Not even sure if I shoulda posted this in this thread but I stuck it in anywho.

    Heidi

    You're thinking of Rich Yett.

    Beanpot

  • @cowsrus said:

    I have a question. I read this earlier yesterday and it's a great story but I swear that I read a few weeks ago that Omar signed with the Twins. I don't know where I am getting this and I am a bit confused (insert smart comments here) but if it wasn't Omar that signed with the Twins, can someone enlighten me as to if it was another former Indian that is going to Minnisota or has my brain finally frozen? 😵

    Not even sure if I shoulda posted this in this thread but I stuck it in anywho.

    Heidi

    You're thinking of Rich Yett.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    You're thinking of Rich Yett.

    Beanpot

    Thank you! I need to slow down while using the remote, apparently I fly past those little bits of info way to fast.

    Heidi

  • @beanpot said:

    You're thinking of Rich Yett.

    Beanpot

    Thank you! I need to slow down while using the remote, apparently I fly past those little bits of info way to fast.

    Heidi

    @cowsrus said:

    Thank you! I need to slow down while using the remote, apparently I fly past those little bits of info way to fast.

    Heidi

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

  • @cowsrus said:

    Thank you! I need to slow down while using the remote, apparently I fly past those little bits of info way to fast.

    Heidi

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

    Oh you're mean!!! lol. I'm feezing my whatsis off and thinking I'm nuts and you're messing with me? Okay, so it was funny.

    I'm gonna do some searching and see if you're yankin' my chain again. I'm keeping an eye on you now buddy. 😠

    Heidi

  • @beanpot said:

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

    Oh you're mean!!! lol. I'm feezing my whatsis off and thinking I'm nuts and you're messing with me? Okay, so it was funny.

    I'm gonna do some searching and see if you're yankin' my chain again. I'm keeping an eye on you now buddy. 😠

    Heidi

    @cowsrus said:

    Oh you're mean!!! lol. I'm feezing my whatsis off and thinking I'm nuts and you're messing with me? Okay, so it was funny.

    I'm gonna do some searching and see if you're yankin' my chain again. I'm keeping an eye on you now buddy. 😠

    Heidi

    Research? No!

    Please allow me to get to Keith Atherton before you ruin the fun.

    Beanpot

  • @cowsrus said:

    Oh you're mean!!! lol. I'm feezing my whatsis off and thinking I'm nuts and you're messing with me? Okay, so it was funny.

    I'm gonna do some searching and see if you're yankin' my chain again. I'm keeping an eye on you now buddy. 😠

    Heidi

    Research? No!

    Please allow me to get to Keith Atherton before you ruin the fun.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Research? No!

    Please allow me to get to Keith Atherton before you ruin the fun.

    Beanpot

    You're a riot. 😆

    Heidi

  • @cowsrus said:

    Oh you're mean!!! lol. I'm feezing my whatsis off and thinking I'm nuts and you're messing with me? Okay, so it was funny.

    I'm gonna do some searching and see if you're yankin' my chain again. I'm keeping an eye on you now buddy. 😠

    Heidi

    Research? No!

    Please allow me to get to Keith Atherton before you ruin the fun.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Research? No!

    Please allow me to get to Keith Atherton before you ruin the fun.

    Beanpot

    Well, I went snooping on the Twins website and realized where my confusion occured. It was a FORMER Indian that the Twins signed. My bad. it's Jim Thome. There, I feel better.

    Heidi

  • @cowsrus said:

    Thank you! I need to slow down while using the remote, apparently I fly past those little bits of info way to fast.

    Heidi

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Well don't I feel like a dick. I was kidding about Yett - he was drafted by the Twins, appeared in one game and was then moved to the Tribe in the Blyleven deal. Spent four fun-filled years with the good guys before finishing his career in Minnesota.

    Was just trying to have a little fun.

    The real man you're looking for is Dan Schatzeder.

    Beanpot

    Oh no you don't. fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't think the Twins wanna sign a 56 year old man. And besides, Schatzeder signed with the Indians Feb. 9, 1988 and was released by the Tribe on June 22 of the same year. Then he signed with the Twins on June 27th of '88. (She says hoping not to look like an idot with egg on her face).

    Heidi