Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Jerome Harrison

Jerome Harrison

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
42 Posts 15 Posters 3.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Thaak ThaakT
    • 1k Posts
    • 26 Reputation
    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #1

    We will not be trading Jerome Harrison. He will be tendered at the highest possible level (1st and 3rd) and no team is going to offer him a contract that we would refuse to match and then give up the 1st and 3rd. We also, will not trade Harrison for less than what the RFA tender would give (unless it is a top 5 1st rounder this year—this trade does not include anything to do with our #7 overall—and would only happen if we can be assured to get Suh, McCoy or Bradford). All things according to plan, we are going into 2010 season with Harrison as our feature back with Davis and Jennings platooning behind him.

    3 Reasons for this:

    1) Holmgren indicated the team would make it very difficult for any other team to get Harrison.

    2) When given a chance (every time) Harrison shined.

    3) Even against a crap run D, when they put 9 or 10 guys in the box, you shouldn’t be able to run for over 300 yards. The Browns did against KC, and Harrison had the 3rd highest rushing total ever.

    Now lets look at some actual stats, instead of having folks throwing up some half-baked (me included) observations and skewed analysis.

    2006, he was drafted 5th round:

    Didn’t touch the ball more than 7 times (this is a max, his average touches per game was like between 2 and 3 touches a game—rushes & receptions) a game all season, and still managed to bust 14, 12, 11, & 15 yard runs in 4 separate games and 9, 12, 8, & 6 yard receptions in 4 separate games. He fumbled once but did not lose the fumble. He touched it 29 times for 107 yards, zero fumbles lost, and an average of 3.69 yards per touch. Not bad, and if given more of a chance, he might have actually done more. But we will never know. He certainly seemed to do more on 3rd and long than Jason Wright ever did.

    2007, during that bust out year of Andersons and the offense.

    He played in only 4 games. I don’t remember if he was hurt, or if for whatever reason he was inactive. In those 4 games, he averaged 6.2 yards per carry and 9.5 yards per reception. He busted 14, 11,17, & 10 yard rushes in each game respectively, and a 15 yard reception in one of those games (two touches for 29 yards in one game.) Why he didn’t get more touches, I will never understand.

    2008, during Crennel’s swan song season.

    He played in most of the games, but again rarely touched the ball. He maxed out at 7 rushes in one game, and had a max number of touches of 8 (in that game he rushed 7 times). He averaged again, between 2 and 3 touches per game. He touched the ball 46 times with a 7.2 yard per carry average and a 9.7 yard per reception average. He busted a 12, 16, 33, 72T, & 12 yard rushes in 5 separate games. He also had 23, 19T, 18, 21, 8, & 9 yard receptions in 6 separate games. Now it is completely inexplicable why he isn’t getting more touches, other than Crennel is an idiot.

    2009, during Mangini’s first season:

    He was only inactive in one game, but there were two games he got no touches, and one game he got 1 touch for no yards. He averaged 5 to 7 touches (rushes & receptions) per game, except for 5 games this season, in which he was sorta featured. He ended the season with 228 touches for 1,082 yards, a 4.4 yard per carry average, and a 6.5 yard per reception average. He busted 17, 9, 21, 11, 10, 11, 71T, 17T, & 17 yard rushes and 15, 12, 18, 10, 17, 8, 9, & 11 yard receptions.

    Take a look at the game by game stats for Tomlinson, Peterson, Holmes, Alexander, McAllister, et. al, and you will see that they had good games, and bad games. But that the coaching staff committed to each one, and allowed them to build up their yardage over an entire game. Some of these guys didn’t really get going until the 2nd half anyways (i.e. Jamal Lewis—in the 295 yard game vs Cleveland, they’d held him to a sub 3 yard per average and like 35 yards on 19 carries before he busted a long run. As a matter of fact, if you look at the carry-by-carry stats of that game, but for 5 long runs, Jamal was pedestrian.)

    Every time Harrison has had a chance to touch the ball, he flashes. I don’t know why you guys can’t see that.

    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 20k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
      #2

      More like why couldn't the coaching staff see that.

      Yeah, he was (is) a liability in blitz protection, but that shouldn't cancel out the obvious offensive production we were getting out of the guy.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 125 Reputation
        OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
        #3

        You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

        "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
        ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • OsirisO Osiris

          You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

          Thaak ThaakT
          • 1k Posts
          • 26 Reputation
          ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @osiris said:

          You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

          That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

          Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • mopaji mopajiM
            • 1k Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
            #5

            The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

            I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

            "Chances are, if you think Jay Leno is funny, I don't care for you as a person" - Peter Griffin
            Riffer XR ThaakT miktoxicM 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • mopajiM mopaji

              The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

              I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

              Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 3k Posts
              • 127 Reputation
              Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mopaji said:

              The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

              I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

              Bad take and thankfully you're not running things in Berea.

              Way to bring Quinn up too, that is really relevant to Harrison.

              Is a pig's ass pork?
              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • mopajiM mopaji

                The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

                I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

                Thaak ThaakT
                • 1k Posts
                • 26 Reputation
                ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mopaji said:

                The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

                I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

                What games are you watching?! You obviously aren’t watching the Browns. He has a total of 2 fumbles lost in his 4 year career, and 1 fumble that was not lost. That is 1 fumble ever 115 touches. That’s actually pretty good in the NFL. He is also one of the better receiving backs in the league.

                So again, I have no idea what games you are actually watching.

                1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • Thaak ThaakT
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 26 Reputation
                  ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

                  In 2009, he had 34 receptions. 7 of his 9 TD’s came in 2009.

                  So I ask you:

                  How many backs had 34 or more receptions in 2009?

                  How many backs had more than 7 TD’s in 2009?

                  How many backs average a 10+ yard carry per significant game?

                  How many backs lose a fumble once very 136 touches?

                  If three of those are more than 20 in 2009, I’ll eat my hat.

                  DumAssWhiteGuyD 1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • ThaakT Thaak

                    Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

                    In 2009, he had 34 receptions. 7 of his 9 TD’s came in 2009.

                    So I ask you:

                    How many backs had 34 or more receptions in 2009?

                    How many backs had more than 7 TD’s in 2009?

                    How many backs average a 10+ yard carry per significant game?

                    How many backs lose a fumble once very 136 touches?

                    If three of those are more than 20 in 2009, I’ll eat my hat.

                    DumAssWhiteGuy DumAssWhiteGuyD
                    • 155 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    DumAssWhiteGuyD DumAssWhiteGuy wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @thaak said:

                    Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

                    That would be a great year for almost any back but unfortunately thanks to perception or whatever it took JH 4 years to get there. I want to see what he could over one season as the featured back before we even think about trading him.

                    D.A.W.G. or AKA Ignorantly-backsided caucasian
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • NW Ohio Brownie N
                      • 298 Posts
                      • 3 Reputation
                      N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

                      But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

                      ...searching for Nev Chandler..."5,4,3,2,1, Touchdown Browns!!
                      ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
                      ❤
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

                        haha i'm just messing with you man.

                        I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

                        I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

                        ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • N NW Ohio Brownie

                          Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

                          But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

                          Thaak ThaakT
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 26 Reputation
                          ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @nw-ohio-brownie said:

                          Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

                          But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

                          he's always been good at receiving out of the backfield.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • jrb12711J jrb12711

                            What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

                            haha i'm just messing with you man.

                            I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

                            I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

                            Thaak ThaakT
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 26 Reputation
                            ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @jrb12711 said:

                            What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

                            haha i'm just messing with you man.

                            I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

                            I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

                            hehe

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ThaakT Thaak

                              @osiris said:

                              You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

                              That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

                              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @thaak said:

                              That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

                              I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                              Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                              Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                              Riffer XR C ThaakT 4 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                @thaak said:

                                That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

                                I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 127 Reputation
                                Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

                                He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

                                Is a pig's ass pork?
                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                  @thaak said:

                                  That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

                                  I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                  Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                  Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                  ClevelandRocks C
                                  • 125 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  C ClevelandRocks wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                  I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                  Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                  Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                  Your posts on this topic make you look foolish. Don't think guys that quick with the hands and vision he has are dime a dozen in the 3rd. And if they were that still would not justify your thought process on trading him.

                                  Also mopaji you have lost all credibility with your false claims of fumbling and bad hands. Clearly you are not even watching the games and are literally just making things up about a player you know nothing about.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                    @thaak said:

                                    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

                                    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                    Thaak ThaakT
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 26 Reputation
                                    ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                    Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

                                    If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

                                    When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

                                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • choco chocoC
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 352 Reputation
                                      chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      he wasn't "kept" off the field.....he simply was an unwilling blocker. that was really RAC's fault imo, because he never broke him of the habit. at least mangini tried, rather than just cutting him.

                                      no one would (or at least, should) question his ball skills. kid can run......

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • ThaakT Thaak

                                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                        I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                        Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                        Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                        Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

                                        If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

                                        When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

                                        Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 8k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
                                        #19

                                        @thaak said:

                                        Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

                                        If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

                                        When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

                                        I would not.

                                        So your statement doesn't stand. And, once again, I never said I'd be okay with taking a third rounder for him.

                                        I don't see how you can infer that I would take Harrison for a third when I never said anything of the sort. I've clearly stated my stance on the subject multiple times, so if you're going to reference me then you can reference what I've actually said. Not what you think I'd do.

                                        I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                        ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Riffer XR Riffer X

                                          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                          I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

                                          Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

                                          Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

                                          Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

                                          He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

                                          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 8k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
                                          #20

                                          @riffer-x said:

                                          Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

                                          He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

                                          Harrison isn't a known entity. All he's proven to me is that he can run against bad defenses when we have a good offensive line. That's not proving anything, in my book. I would be more content with his abilities if he performed against teams like San Diego and Pittsburgh. The only game he surprised me in was the early season Cincinatti game.

                                          I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying he hasn't proven himself to be a "baller" yet.

                                          I don't know how I can make this any clearer. I'm not saying that we should trade Harrison. I am saying that, if we were to trade Harrison, now would be the best year to do so.

                                          Once again, I'm not saying that we should trade Harrison. I am saying that, if we were to trade Harrison, now would be the best year to do so.

                                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                          ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate