Skip to content

Jerome Harrison

The Browns Board
42 15 3.7k
  • You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

  • You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

    @osiris said:

    You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

  • The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

  • The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    @mopaji said:

    The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    Bad take and thankfully you're not running things in Berea.

    Way to bring Quinn up too, that is really relevant to Harrison.

  • The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    @mopaji said:

    The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    What games are you watching?! You obviously aren’t watching the Browns. He has a total of 2 fumbles lost in his 4 year career, and 1 fumble that was not lost. That is 1 fumble ever 115 touches. That’s actually pretty good in the NFL. He is also one of the better receiving backs in the league.

    So again, I have no idea what games you are actually watching.

  • Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

    In 2009, he had 34 receptions. 7 of his 9 TD’s came in 2009.

    So I ask you:

    How many backs had 34 or more receptions in 2009?

    How many backs had more than 7 TD’s in 2009?

    How many backs average a 10+ yard carry per significant game?

    How many backs lose a fumble once very 136 touches?

    If three of those are more than 20 in 2009, I’ll eat my hat.

  • Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

    In 2009, he had 34 receptions. 7 of his 9 TD’s came in 2009.

    So I ask you:

    How many backs had 34 or more receptions in 2009?

    How many backs had more than 7 TD’s in 2009?

    How many backs average a 10+ yard carry per significant game?

    How many backs lose a fumble once very 136 touches?

    If three of those are more than 20 in 2009, I’ll eat my hat.

    @thaak said:

    Harrison in his carreer is 271 attempts, 1310 yards, 4.8 yards per carry average (wow, that’s actually better than I thought), 72 long, 6 TDs, 57 receptions, 407 yards, 7.1 average, 23 long, 3 TDs, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost.

    That would be a great year for almost any back but unfortunately thanks to perception or whatever it took JH 4 years to get there. I want to see what he could over one season as the featured back before we even think about trading him.

  • Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

    But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

  • What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

    haha i'm just messing with you man.

    I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

    I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

  • Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

    But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

    @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    Well, two coaching staffs weren't wrong about Harrison. They both were right, in fact. He didn't do blitz pickups and wasn't a good threat out of the backfield. I disagree with your assessment, mopaji, that he is a fumbler.

    But back to my original point. Both staffs were right, except one of those coaching staffs actually coached Harrison up so that he became better at the blitz pickup and as a receiving option. I'll let you figure out which one got through to JH.

    he's always been good at receiving out of the backfield.

  • What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

    haha i'm just messing with you man.

    I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

    I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

    @jrb12711 said:

    What, Thaak posting about how he likes Harrison alot? Before you know it he'll be posting that we shouldn't take Eric Berry!

    haha i'm just messing with you man.

    I completely agree with you though. Harrison even though he might of run all over weaker teams (for the most part) showed explosion and the ability to carry the load. He definitely deserves a season to prove he can do it over 16 games and better teams.

    I'm not gonna lie, I'm still leaning towards Haden in the draft but a C.J. spiller/Harrison/James Davis backfield sounds better and better..

    hehe

  • @osiris said:

    You'd be hard pressed to find any fan who disagrees with you. I'm excited to see what he can do for a full season as the feature back.

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

    @thaak said:

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

  • @thaak said:

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

    He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

  • @thaak said:

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    Your posts on this topic make you look foolish. Don't think guys that quick with the hands and vision he has are dime a dozen in the 3rd. And if they were that still would not justify your thought process on trading him.

    Also mopaji you have lost all credibility with your false claims of fumbling and bad hands. Clearly you are not even watching the games and are literally just making things up about a player you know nothing about.

  • @thaak said:

    That’s just it. Apparently I’m not hard pressed, because Mopaji and TimCouchpullsout both think if we can get a 3rd rounder for Harrison, we should pull the trigger.

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

    If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

    When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

  • he wasn't "kept" off the field.....he simply was an unwilling blocker. that was really RAC's fault imo, because he never broke him of the habit. at least mangini tried, rather than just cutting him.

    no one would (or at least, should) question his ball skills. kid can run......

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

    If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

    When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

    @thaak said:

    Would you, or would you not, take a 3rd rounder for Harrison?

    If you would, then my statement stands. I never said you said anything exactly. Just what you have already said you'd be ok with.

    When you blatantly imply something, then my stating the obvious inference is not putting words in your mouth.

    I would not.

    So your statement doesn't stand. And, once again, I never said I'd be okay with taking a third rounder for him.

    I don't see how you can infer that I would take Harrison for a third when I never said anything of the sort. I've clearly stated my stance on the subject multiple times, so if you're going to reference me then you can reference what I've actually said. Not what you think I'd do.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'll give you all the money in my savings account if you can find where I said that.

    Good luck, because you can't. I said that if we were to trade him, now would be the year. Because this will most likely be his highest value, and we can get an RB with the same skill set in the 3rd round (or even probably later) in the draft.

    Putting words in people's mouths makes you look foolish. Just a hint.

    Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

    He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

    @riffer-x said:

    Why would you want to trade a guy with a known entity for a guy with an unknown entity who would have to go through the same learning curve that Harrison did?

    He's ready, he broke out, capitalize on him don't give him away. The kid can ball.

    Harrison isn't a known entity. All he's proven to me is that he can run against bad defenses when we have a good offensive line. That's not proving anything, in my book. I would be more content with his abilities if he performed against teams like San Diego and Pittsburgh. The only game he surprised me in was the early season Cincinatti game.

    I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying he hasn't proven himself to be a "baller" yet.

    I don't know how I can make this any clearer. I'm not saying that we should trade Harrison. I am saying that, if we were to trade Harrison, now would be the best year to do so.

    Once again, I'm not saying that we should trade Harrison. I am saying that, if we were to trade Harrison, now would be the best year to do so.

  • why do you want to trade harrison, tcpo?

  • The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    @mopaji said:

    The difference between Harrison and every other feature back in the league is about 15-20lbs of muscle. Plus, he fumbles, he has bad hands, and he cannot block. You can draft a RB who weighs 220lbs in the 4th round who can catch, block, and hold onto the ball. I'm not even sure a team would give up a 3rd for him but that's what I would require. I'm hoping some team out there sees his last few games and makes us an offer. Look, I like Jerome but he happens to play a position in the NFL that is expendable. He is the 'change-of-pace' back. Two coaching staffs couldn't be wrong about Harrison and Quinn's ability. There are flaww in his game. And with this team having so many needs, you have to look for offers before the draft.

    I'm starting to see the Brady Quinn complex come out. A lot of fans ignoring the team's situation and are staying fixated on the chance to say "I told you so! I told you he was good".

    listen, i don't think any browns fans on this forum wants for the team to be bad or make bad decisions. but when has JH really had a chance to show us anything besides the last half of last year? coaches, so-called gms and the hierarchy most likely always bow to a player that in the past has been good or great and gets paid top dollar, but now is over the hill (in the nba look at mcgrady) but you have to play them cuz you are paying him that top dollar.........and he sucks. aka jamal lewis. two years ago you'd be lucky to see harrison get 10 touches a game, and then they were always in spots where the defense knew we were gonna run and are O line couldn't block for ruth buzzi. hey, we've got a great spot in this year's draft at #7, why talk about trading a guy that was are only bright spot on offense besides cribbs? we aren't talking about trading him are we?