Skip to content

Seneca Wallace traded to Cleveland

The Browns Board
96 53 9.8k
  • ? dirt devil wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Wallace is good. He could be the starter coming out of camp easy. Great pickup. A lot better than trying to get troy smith. Smith is another OSU reject.

  • @jrex223 said:

    Hes a guy that knows Holmgrens offense like the back of his hand. Hes a pretty decent QB too. He could start, but i hope not. I think Holmgren has bigger plans.

    Good move, we'll see a totally different offense out there if Holmgrens going to be this much hands on.

    I'm not sure this is considered "hands-on". I'm sure they all got together collectively and discussed which players everyone was familiar with and which would be worth a look. I'm kinda torn on this move. I like a pure passer but I guess Seneca is "good enough". But this doesn't look like the end of our QB problem. Speaking of which, I wonder if DA was part of this trade? Getting sent back home?

    JRex223J JRex223 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mopaji said:

    I'm not sure this is considered "hands-on". I'm sure they all got together collectively and discussed which players everyone was familiar with and which would be worth a look. I'm kinda torn on this move. I like a pure passer but I guess Seneca is "good enough". But this doesn't look like the end of our QB problem. Speaking of which, I wonder if DA was part of this trade? Getting sent back home?

    Holmgren drafted him and coached him for 7 years, I think he was a big part of it, Holmgrens guys are already trying to teach Daboll some new things on offense.

    I hope it was for Brady 🙂

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If hes more then a stopgap and mentor Im gonna say Holmgren screwed this team.

    Wallace is a smaller but faster version of Quinn.

    I still have my fingers crossed we land McNabb

  • J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by jasont44094
    #18

    I believe he's a backup for another qb not on the team. Maybe we trade for someone else, or he's the veteran qb Holmgren was looking for to transition the offense, and draft someone.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #19

    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seattle Seahawks have have traded backup quarterback Seneca Wallace to the Cleveland Browns for a draft pick.

    UPDATE: John Boyle of the Everett Herald reports the Seahawks will receive a 2011 draft pick for Wallace

    Wallace will be reunited with Mike Holmgren, his former head coach with the Seahawks who is now the president of the Browns.

    Holmgren chose Wallace with the 110th overall pick of the 2003 NFL Draft.

    In seven NFL seasons, Wallace has started 14 games, and has completed 59.9% of his pass attempts for 3,547 yards, with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for a passer rating of 83.1.

    Regarded as one of the better athletes on the Seahawks, the 5-11, 205-pound Wallace has also run for 214 yards and a touchdown and has 4 receptions for 76 yards.

    2010 is the final year of a four-year, $6.2 million dollar contract Wallace signed in 2007.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #20

    We traded for Wallace. Do you know what this means? WE'RE NOT GETTING TROY SMITH! YAHOOOOOO!

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #21

    BROWNS TRADE CONDITIONAL 2011 DRAFT PICK.

  • BROWNS TRADE CONDITIONAL 2011 DRAFT PICK.

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mopaji said:

    BROWNS TRADE CONDITIONAL 2011 DRAFT PICK.

    it's probably a 3/4 or 2/3 at worst.

  • ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Probable a fifth. No way a second or a third!

  • Been reading some quote from some Seattle fans, saying he's the best backup in the NFL?

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Been reading some quote from some Seattle fans, saying he's the best backup in the NFL?

    5 foot 11 inches. GL... Not to be your Starter.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Seneca will win the job over either QB on our roster right now. IDK if MH is looking at another QB or not, but I for one am stoked knowing that I don't have to sit through another Quinn/DA abortion next year.

  • D Dawgs of Hell wrote on last edited by
    #26

    why did we trade for this guy? i thought we had enough guys already to hold clipboards around here.

  • Hes a guy that knows Holmgrens offense like the back of his hand. Hes a pretty decent QB too. He could start, but i hope not. I think Holmgren has bigger plans.

    Good move, we'll see a totally different offense out there if Holmgrens going to be this much hands on.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @jrex223 said:

    Hes a guy that knows Holmgrens offense like the back of his hand. Hes a pretty decent QB too. He could start, but i hope not. I think Holmgren has bigger plans.

    Good move, we'll see a totally different offense out there if Holmgrens going to be this much hands on.

    But they are not running holmgren's offense and mike has said himself that he won't dictate. If the coaches want to come talk he's all for it.

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #28

    if Wallace ends up the back-up behind McNabb i'll dance a jig on my roof.

    then if they draft a good rookie QB prospect as the #3...talk about an ideal situation for bringing along the future face of the franchise (!). i'm just talking here but that would be incredible.

    bonus: if they do incorporate Holmgren's offense they have a QB already versed in it.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Cannot argue with trading for Wallace another guy who has never really had a chance in the NFL who was very good in college. I like the move considering both Quinn and

    Andersen stink. Would rather go for Troy Smith or move up for Bradford in the draft but............but heck this is a signal the Browns think now we need a real QB

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #30

    So we are going to fill our roster with 2nd string Seahawks this year instead of 2nd string Jets? Nice! Let the Wallace/Quinn/Anderson flame war begin.

  • Trollin4trueT Trollin4true wrote on last edited by
    #31

    My prayers have been answered. The pride of Iowa...lol

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #32

    uhhh....i need to know what we are gonna use him as.

  • P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I honestly believe that he was brought in to compete for the starting job with Quinn. If you really look at his spot start stats he is not a bad QB. He is very smart, accurate QB but seemed to take quite a bit of sacks. The sacks things can be be fixed with a good O-Line, a running game and quicker reads. I am content dropping Andersons overpaid butt along with the Ratt and moving on with Quinn, Wallace and a drafted Qb that can develop. Once again Holmgrem going after needs!!!!! I think we finally got a FO that actually gets it!!!!!!

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Been reading some quote from some Seattle fans, saying he's the best backup in the NFL?

    5 foot 11 inches. GL... Not to be your Starter.

    B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    5 foot 11 inches. GL... Not to be your Starter.

    Said Drew Brees.....